Chapter 56: A peaceful morning
779 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone, how are you doing? Well, I hope. 

Here's today's chapter. I hope you will enjoy it.

Thank you for reading. Y'all the best.

Have a good day.

“Yawn, I had a great night,” Leo said as he opened his eyes and stretched lazily. He was in an excellent mood as he was able to have a peaceful night and a relaxing sleep. Unlike what he was afraid of, he didn’t have any nightmares, and instead, he slept like a baby. Surprising, considering he caused a massacre just a few hours earlier. He wasn’t sure if it was because he was too tired or if it was because he was becoming more accustomed to his new reality. Anyways, it was a good thing for him.

[Looks like our sleeping beauty is finally willing to wake up,] Luxia said, [So, how are you feeling?]

“Good, I feel like I can take on the entire world,” Leo said with a smile, the last trace of sleepiness vanishing from his body.

[It’s better like that. You are going to be busy today,] Luxia said

“I suddenly remember why I never liked to leave my bed in the morning,” Leo said, his procrastinating side grumbling a little at the thought of having to leave his comfortable sleep to work his ass off all day.

“But, it is different this time around,” he added, not willing to let his good mood get ruined. It wasn’t like anything he would be doing today would be like the boring stuff he would have spent his day doing if he was still on earth.

“Alright, before anything else, let’s find the girls and then something to eat.”

Having said that, he activated elemental perception to scan his surroundings and find the girls.

‘This is really an incredible feeling,’ he muttered when, after the skill's activation he once again felt that close and incredible connection with the elements he had an affinity with. From the vibrations of the ground to the whispers and smells in the wind and the shadow silently following their master; everything became crystal clear for him. 

In a 50 meters radius, his elements become an extension of his senses, and relying on the diverse signals they conveyed to him, he was able to obtain a thorough understanding of everything happening. Nothing could escape his perception, even though he was sitting inside a room.

The only downside of that skill was that unlike the limited amount of data he received from his normal senses, the amount of data he received was many times larger and he had to completely focus to properly process such an amount. It was only because his mind was stronger after all his level up and he had the help of the system that he was able to safely use it and wasn't completely overwhelmed.

Still, right now, he could only use it as a detection skill, he would need a lot of training if he wanted to take advantage of this skill during a fight and make use of its full potential. It would be a waste not to consider how useful it could be during a fight. 

‘And another thing that I need to do,’ Leo sighed lightly as he added another task to his already lengthy to-do list.

‘Alright, found them,” he said. Celia, Maria, and Sheila were outside. The sisters were meditating while Sheila energetically trained with her spear.

‘Hum, weird, why is Leila still unconscious?’ he muttered, slightly concerned that Leila hadn’t recovered after a whole night.

‘Guess, I would have to ask Celia,’ he muttered as he stood up.

[Leo, there is something I need to ask you,] Luxia said when she noticed that Leo was about to head toward the girls.

“Yeah, what is it?” Leo asked curiously. 

[You want to find your sister if she is reincarnated, right?] Luxia questioned.

“Yes, but didn’t we already talk about this?”

Since last night's incident, she has been wondering whether she should tell Leo everything that happened or just stay silent and act as if nothing happened. As part of Leo’s system, she was completely loyal to him and wasn’t supposed to hide anything from him unless it was an order from the main system. At the same time, she wasn’t sure how Leo would react if she told him what happened, and she didn't know how serious his sister was when she threatened to stay silent. Unable to take a decision, she chose to at least warn him.

[Yes, but I wonder what you would do if she doesn’t remember you,] She asked.

“Nothing. If she doesn’t remember me, that would be it. I wouldn’t start running around telling her I am her brother. I would be satisfied if we could be friends,” Leo answered without thinking too much. 

[That’s good, but what if she does remember you but is a completely different person. What if she tries to harm you after you find her?] 

“Is there something you aren’t telling me,” Leo asked as he started to find Luxia's questions somehow suspicious. Till yesterday, she didn’t seem to mind the fact that he wanted to look for his sister and now, she suddenly behaved as if she was against the idea.

[No, I just thought of that possibility while you were sleeping,] Luxia lied.

“Sure. But I don’t think my sister will ever try to harm me,” Leo said. 

[People change. She died before you and while it is only a year for you, who knows how many years it was for her. Maybe the person you remember doesn't exist anymore. It is a possibility you need to consider,]

“How long are you going to play this game? Just tell me what you want to and let’s be done with it,” Leo said, annoyed by Luxia’s persistence. 

[I just want to be sure you know what you are doing.]

“Well, if she remembers me but doesn't care about our bond, I guess there is nothing I can do about it. Each of us will just walk our own path. On the other hand, if she is hostile to me or tries to harm me, I wouldn’t hesitate to defend myself. I was never the kind to let myself get bullied,” he said, “Satisfied.”

[Well, I guess,] Luxia said, hoping that Leo would indeed act like that if he needed to.

“Alright, if you are done, I will be going,” he said and headed outside. Once outside, he walked toward Sheila as he was unwilling to disturb the sister's meditation.

"Hey, Sheila," Leo greeted as he reached the girl's location.

"Good morning, Leo," Sheila said as she stopped what she was doing and greeted Leo with a beautiful smile before resuming her training.

"Already training this early," he said as he looked at the diligent Sheila with some appreciation.

"Yes, I need to work harder if I want to catch up with Celia," she said.

"Good. So I suppose the discussion with Celia went well," he asked.

"Yes, just like you said, she apologized and even offered compensation," 

"It looks like you are the big winner in this story," Leo chuckled. 

"Haha, you are right," Sheila laughed happily. Because of a simple misunderstanding, she was able to get a favor from Leo and receive a generous compensation from Celia. It was definitely worth it.

As the two were chatting, Celia woke up from her meditation and noticed Leo's presence. At that moment a weird glint flashed through her eyes. Still, before anyone could notice, her expression returned to normal and she calmly walked toward the duo.

"Hello, Leo," she said.

"Hey, Celia. How are you?"

"Good, but I am still trying to get used to my new realm," Celia said as she summoned a wisp of fire and played with it.

"You seem to be progressing quickly thought," he praised as he could feel that the simple wisp was already stronger than some of the fireballs she summoned yesterday.

"Haha, that's nothing. I am sure you too gained a lot yesterday,"

"Hmm, I may need your help later," he said., "Right now, there is something else concerning me."

"Oh, what?" Celia asked curiously.

"Why is Leila still not waking up?" He asked.

"Sigh, she used a power she was unable to control against someone stronger than her, and right now she is facing the backlash," Celia explained.

"Is she in danger? Is there nothing we can do to help her?" Leo asked. He was unwilling to see someone who saved his life suffer without doing anything.

"No, she won't die, the backlash wasn't that strong. And neither of us can help her. Right now, her mind is recovering. We can only help after she wakes up," 

"Alright, I hope she will wake up quickly," Leo sighed. 

'I should look through the shop, maybe I can find something there,' he added in his heart.

"I hope too," Celia said.

"Well, that aside, I am going to take care of the orcs today," Leo said.

"You don't need to. The orcs aren't a threat to us anymore," Celia said as she thought he was doing that because of her.

"Don't worry, this is personal. Remember, I have a grudge against them," Leo answered. 

"Alright, you can count me in then."

"Hey, wait. You are going to mess with the orcs too?" Sheila asked.

"Yes, it there something wrong," 

"Yes, you didn't take care of the mess you created last night and now you want to add more to your plate," Sheila said angrily, "Instead of going after the orcs, you should focus on the humans." 

'Girl, even if I want to, I can't let them go. I need to complete my mission,' he mumbled.

"Don't worry, I know what I am doing." 

"Sigh, I hope," she sighed, understanding that nothing she could say would make him change his mind.

"Yes, also, we will be seeing your mother today. We need to talk about that cooperation," he said with a smile.

"Yes, I knew I could trust you," Sheila said happily.

"Haha, Celia, you too, we would need to talk to your people later," he added.

"Alright," Celia nodded with a simple smile.

"Good, I am going to get something to eat then," he said and strolled toward the exit of the settlement.

25