Chapter 63: Slosh’s lair (3)
724 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 63: Slosh’s lair (3)

 

After killing the toxic slime, Leo easily killed the water slime before slowly moving forward. Unlike the cave he was coming from, there were two tunnels leading out of this room.

‘Hum, which one should I choose,’ he muttered as he thoughtfully looked at the two tunnels, wondering which one would lead him toward the boss’s location. As far as he knew, the two tunnels could end in the same place. At the same time, maybe just one of them was the right one. He couldn’t be sure as from his position the two looked pretty much the same. Besides, when he tried to check the inside of the tunnels using elemental perception, he felt like there were as many monsters in the right tunnels as there were in the left one. Confused, he could only choose one of two and hope it was the right one.

‘Let’s go to the right. I can’t be wrong if I go to the right,’ he muttered as he stepped inside the tunnel to his right.

As he walked a few meters within the tunnel, he encountered a group with three slimes, two water ones, and a bouncing one. Though those slimes were a little stronger than the one he encountered in the first tunnel, he easily took care of them with his wind bullets.

Afterward, he met a couple of slimes every five meters, a couple of toxic slimes even ambushed him. Some concealed themselves on the ceiling and tried to fall on him as he walked by and some posed as the floor, hoping to swallow him when he carelessly stepped on them. Unfortunately for those slimes, he was able to see through their tricks and easily took care of them each time.

Thus, without too much difficulty, he moved forward quickly, slaying slime left and right while steadily improving his wind manipulation. It wasn’t long before he reached the end of the tunnel. By that time, he was already able to cast two wind bullets at the same time and the system even recognized it as one of his skills.

[Wind bullets: Lv2/10

Rank: D

Fire a wind bullet dealing 115% of magical damage to your target.

Cost: 25 MP]

Unfortunately, Leo couldn’t feel happy as the tunnel turned to a dead end. It would seem that choosing the right tunnel wasn’t the right choice.

‘Well, even though I was wrong, it wasn’t completely a waste of time,’ he muttered as he helplessly turned back and returned to the toxic slime room. There, he entered the left tunnel and quickly moved forward. The inside of the left tunnel was the same as in the one to the right. He was ambushed by slime every few steps and he slaughtered them as easily as before. The only difference was that he was now using wind blades instead of wind bullets. By the time he got used to casting wind blades, he had already reached the end of the tunnel.

This time, as expected he did not find himself in front of a dead end. Instead, he entered a new cave very much similar to the one he saw before. Only that this time, there was a simple stone door at the other end of the cave and a new type of slime was among the four slimes guarding the stone door. It was a red slime, slightly bigger than the green one. There were two of them guarding the stone door alongside two toxic slimes.

Before stepping into the room, Leo scanned it, making sure that those four were the only foe he had to deal with. Then, he used insight on the new type of slime.

[Fire slime: Rank E+

HP: 600/600         MP: 900/900

 INT: 30       AGI:30

Skills: Split, Explosion

Affinity: Fire]

As he read the description of the Fire slime, Leo frowned a little, understanding that the slime was going to be troublesome. Still, it was all it was going to be, troublesome. Without hesitation, he stepped into the cave which was probably going to be his last stop before he had to fight the boss.

As soon as he stepped inside the cave, the toxic slime started tossing toxic bullets his way while the fire slimes started to split themselves. In an instant, 22 little red slimes appeared within the cave, and 20 of those little slimes furiously dashed toward Leo. Understanding their goal, Leo, who was dodging the toxic bullets, started attacking them. Even though he wasn’t afraid of them, he wasn’t keen on letting them close. Even if they could barely damage him, he was still going to feel the pain if so many mini-slimes blew up in his face.

‘There is no need to go through something like that if I can avoid it,’ he thought as he threw a wind blade toward the slime’s horde, cutting two of them apart. Unfortunately, unlike what he expected, his attack did nothing to stop the two slimes. They didn’t die nor blew up. Instead, the two parts he cut turned into two slimes and continued to dash toward him with renewed vigor.

‘Damn, how many times would I need to cut them before they die,’ he thought as he attacked them a few more times. Unfortunately, even after cutting the same slime three times, it still didn’t die.

‘This is a waste of time. I should attack the two in the back instead. Killing them should solve the issue,’ he thought as he turned to look at the two mini-slimes who didn’t attack him with the others. He then created a huge gust of wind that blew all the mini-slimes back and dashed toward his targets. As he reached them, the two toxic slimes tried to stop him, but he made quick work of them before killing what he supposed to be the cores of the fire slimes. As soon as they died, the mini-slimes stopped moving, and having lost their supports, they all exploded at the same time, engulfing the cave in a huge and terrifying explosion.

‘Luckily, I used the earth guard,’  Leo thought as he looked at the devastated cave in front of him. He wasn’t sure if he would have been able to take this blow unscathed, considering he only had access to 30% of his capacity in his current form.

‘Alright, let’s go for the boss, ' he turned and walked toward the boss’s room door that opened after he defeated all the slimes guarding it.

Stepping inside the boss’s room, he saw a 3 feet tall blue slime slumbering quietly in the middle of a small pond. Behind the boss was a tall stone pillar with blue cracks from which water slowly flowed. Besides the pillar was a plain-looking iron chest covered with some rust.

‘I wonder what kind of thing I would find inside,’ he muttered as he looked at the chest for a few more seconds before turning his gaze at the boss and using insight on him.

[Slosh: Rank E+

HP: 2000/2000            MP: 1500/1500

STR: 40       INT: 50

Skills: Shapeshifting, Water Blade, Water bomb

Affinity: Water, Poison]

‘Well, don’t look too strong. But I wonder what the shapeshifting skill does,’ Leo muttered as he closed the windows he was looking at. At the same time, the slumbering Slosh seemed to have felt his presence and woke up.

‘Come here big boy, let’s end this,’ Leo said. As if understanding him, the slime started moving. Under the impressed eyes of Leo, its body started wiggling before shrinking and finally turning into an exact copy of Leo’s shadow cat body.

‘So, this is shapeshifting uh. Did it just copy my look, or did it copy my abilities too?’ Leo muttered, curiously looking at his clone who glanced at him, with a smug expression. He could feel that the slime became slightly stronger after turning into himself, but he couldn’t be sure how much stronger it became as the result of its appraisal didn’t change.

‘Though it is useless, I could have killed it ten times when it was transforming,’ he said as he shook his head slightly. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was interested in said ability, he would have never allowed the slime to shapeshift.

‘Let’s get done with this,’ he mumbled as Slosh charged at him. Calmly dodging to the side, Leo then flung a small rock toward Slosh.

‘As I expected, the poison affinity wasn’t for show,’ he muttered as he saw the small rock being corroded as soon as it came in contact with Slosh’s body.

Afterward, Leo just focused on dodging any attacks attempted by Slosh while slowly cutting away at its health. Even though it was a dungeon’s boss, it didn’t take long for it to fall in front of Leo’s wind blades and bullets. Even though Leo was restraining himself, the difference in power was just too great and Slosh could only resign in front of it. 

 

 

22