Chapter 66: The attack (3)
474 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thank you for reading.

Have a good day

 

At the same time as he was talking with the shaman, Leo was also browsing through the store, looking for wind skills suitable for his current situation.

‘Luxia, I’ll take those two,’ he said as he quickly checked the description of two skills that caught his attention.

[Wind slash: Rank D  (15 SP)

Coat your claws with wind and deal an additional 40% wind damage with each attack

Cost: 50MP/sec]

[Wind Bomb: Rank C ( 35 SP)

Create and launch a highly compressed wind orb. The orb deals 140% damage to its main target and 60% damage to all units in a 3 meters radius.

Cost: 300 MP]

With the first skill, all if not most of his physical attacks would have a wind attribute and with the second one, he would have a wind AOE attack that was perfect given that he was going to deal with a large number of enemies. Once he learned those two skills, he should be able to easily deal with the next battle even if he only used wind skills.

[Do you wish to learn wind slash and wind bomb for 25 SP. Yes/No]

Without hesitation, he nodded and received the knowledge about the two skills. Though his heart ached a little when he saw the 25 SP vanish, he knew that it was a necessary evil. Besides, it wasn’t like he wasted them. Those skills were now a part of his power. Also, he hoped that he would get his investment back through the mission rewards.

Just as he was done with learning the two skills, the shaman made his first move and Leo saw the orcs undergo a drastic change.

“Hey, Leo, we are ready.” At the same time, Celia and the others joined him, ready to fight.

“Oh, good. Celia can do what she wants. You guys should stand back and take care of those that would slip past Celia and me.”

“But…” The Worgen Tiran was about to complain but Leo interrupted him. “They are all peak rank D,” he said.

“What?” the four exclaimed, unable to believe his words. They noticed the changes the orcs were going through. But for all of them to reach peak rank D was something they never expected.

“Blood burning,” Leo said, he had noticed that all the orcs he used insight on had this skill. “Anyway, I won’t stop you if you want to fight despite knowing this. But don’t expect me to look after you.”

“But won’t it be dangerous if you fight them,’ Sheila asked worriedly. She believed that even for him, it was too much to fight against a hundred of peak rank D. Only Celia was still calm after hearing all this.

“Don’t worry,” he said as he noticed the orcs' transformation was over and they were now rushing toward them.

‘Let’s get done with this,’ he thought as he returned to his Atlas Lion form. In an instant, the little cat disappeared and was replaced by a majestic silver Lion whose presence alone was enough to dwarf the crazy momentum of the orc’s army.

Even the seemingly crazy orcs couldn’t help but slow down a little when they felt that presence. However, before they could even regain their bearing, Leo’s presence soared once again. He had just activated predator and used the five marks, increasing his power by an additional 150%. Then choosing the pure hunter form, he felt his power grow once again.

Right now, the power coursing through him wasn’t that far from what he had when he fought against Blake. Feeling that insane power brewing within him, even Leo couldn’t hold it and let out a powerful roar that shook the whole mountain.

‘Hehe, this feels good,’ he thought as he saw the orcs looking at him with expressions of awe and fear. However, this didn’t last too long as it would seem that whatever spell those orcs were under had made them immune to the fear of death. It should be. Otherwise, they wouldn’t charge at him so readily even after clearly feeling the gap between them.

‘Let me remind them then. How fearsome death could be,’ he muttered as he activated ethereal presence. Then, as brusquely as it appeared the oppressing aura covering the settlement vanished as if it was a lie.

“What is happening?” the orc’s chief asked as he started looking around with confusion. He couldn’t understand how that monster could just vanish in front of them. Though he didn’t have to look for too long.

After using ethereal presence, Leo charged amidst the orc’s army and went on a rampage. The orcs were completely powerless against him as not only were they unable to find him, but they also couldn’t resist any of his attacks. Everywhere he went, the orcs would be turned into mincemeat as his wind-coated claws whistled through the air and cut them apart. Killing those orcs was as easy and boring as cutting grass. Though some orcs were able to feel his presence when he attacked them, they were still unable to react as they were way slower than him.

This way, in less than a minute, almost a third of the orc’s army was destroyed while the rest was in complete disarray as they tried everything to resist Leo.

“Leo, you should go after those two. I will take care of everything here,” Celia, who joined him, said. She was worried that he would tire himself while fighting against those mobs.

“I can’t,” Leo said sullenly as he fired a wind bomb toward an orc. The moment the bomb reached the orcs, it literally obliterated him then exploded, filling the area surrounding him with violent and sharp wind blades that shredded everything apart.

“Why?” Celia asked, surprised.

“The bastard put a barrier around himself, and we can’t break the barrier unless all those guys die,” he replied as he glared at the shaman.

He obviously thought of getting rid of the shaman before taking care of the mob. It was without doubt the most optimal solution. However, when he used elemental perception earlier, he noticed a barrier surrounding the shaman and the chief. What was weird was that the barrier seemed connected to the hundred orcs he was fighting.

He was unable to understand what it meant at first. He tried attacking it with a wind bullet, but it did nothing. It was when he killed one of the orcs and noticed that the barrier was weakened slightly that he finally understood how he could break the barrier.

“There is something wrong. It is as if their goal isn’t to kill us. It is more like they want us to kill their subordinates.” Celia frowned as she heard Leo’s words.

Leo too reached that conclusion. With the power he displayed, it was clear that the orc’s army alone was far from enough if they wanted to beat him. To have a chance, they should have attacked him alongside their army. Still, the shaman and the chief didn't do that. They sent them after him and then stood back and watched as he slaughtered his subordinates. It was clear that they were being sacrificed.

‘But for what?’ Leo wondered as the ominous feeling in his heart grew stronger. He wasn’t sure what they were plotting and whether that plot could harm him or not. But he didn’t like the feeling of dancing in someone else’s hand at all. Had he had the choice he would have retreated a long time ago.

Unfortunately, he was in a position where he couldn’t.

“Leo, that blood burning thing they used should be killing them, right?” Celia asked.

“Yes, it is.”

“What about we let that skill kill them? If their goal is for us to kill them, we can just restrain them and wait for them to die,” Celia suggested.

“Well, this is a good idea, but..” Leo he didn’t want to let them go like that. From his standpoint that would be a waste.

So, the question here was whether he was going to agree to Celia’s proposal and waste this opportunity but lessen the potential danger or pursue his goals regardless of the risks.

‘Well, I am sure I can deal with anything they have planned,’ Leo thought as he decided to not listen to Celia’s suggestion.

“It would be too complicated and risky to try to restrict them,” he said as he resumed his slaughter.

“Okay, let’s hope this wasn’t the wrong decision,” Celia said.

22