Chapter 71: Rewards (2)
971 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello everyone. Hope you are doing well. 

Thank you for reading. Enjoy the chapter. 

Have a good day. You are the best.

‘I should be able to get plenty of good things this time,’ Leo muttered as he opened the system. To be honest he was really excited at the thoughts of his possible gains. They had to be good as this was one of the hardest fights he had up till now. Anyway, the attributes he was going to obtain from the orc’s shaman were already worth the trouble he went through.

As soon as he opened the system, his vision was immediately flooded with a bunch of notifications. Most of them were for the exp he received from the orc’s mob he annihilated at the beginning of the fight. He directly ignored those as the amount of exp he received was quite negligible and he couldn’t even level up right now.

Following those were his skills level-up notifications. 

Previously, he had noticed that his skills tend to level up faster the stronger his opponents were. That was to be expected. So, without any surprise, many of his skills leveled up as a result of his fight against the shaman. Even those he didn’t use that much gained a level. Though, to his greatest delight, the skills that went up the most were the elemental perception that reached level 5 and basic wind manipulation that reached level 8.

Other than that, he also gained two new skills, Basic curse resistance, and Weak fire resistance.

‘That was to be expected. Though, it is funny that the curse resistance directly went to the basic stage,’ he thought as he was once reminded of how dangerous the curses affecting him were.

‘I should try to get some more skills to help me in this domain,’ he thought as he reached the notifications he received after killing the shaman and eagerly checked them.

[Ding……… you have killed the Orc champion. You have received 9000 Exp and 5500 SC]

[Ding………you have reached the maximum level. Excess exp has been stored for future use. Please proceed with evolution to gain a new level.]

[Ding…… Orc champion bloodline detected. Do you wish to absorb it? Yes/No]

Without any hesitation, he chose yes, and immediately after he felt the familiar and delightful sensation of power rushing through his body. Like always, it was a great experience and though it was short, Leo thoroughly enjoyed the feeling of having every part of his body being strengthened by the shaman's power. 

[Ding…… you have successfully absorbed the Orc champion bloodline.]

[You have received 160 CONS, 180 STR, 120 AGI, 200 INT, 175 SPI, 25 CHA, 2 LUK.]

[You have acquired the Fire elemental affinity.]

[You have acquired the following skill:

-Fire mantle

-Blunt weapon mastery

-Wild charge

You have acquired the following talent:

-Magic disciple]

‘This is too good,’ Leo muttered, his eyes shining as he read through the notifications again and again. One could hardly imagine how happy he felt as he saw and felt the result of this bloodline’s absorption. 

The attributes he received were already extremely generous on their own. Though it was a little underwhelming compared to what the shaman actually had, it was more than enough to satisfy him. After all, that much was almost half of his attributes and with those, he certainly filled the attributes conditions required for his evolution. Though he already expected this, he still felt incredibly delighted. 

 ‘I even received some luck points,’ he mumbled as he was really surprised by that fact. Considering that he only received a portion of the target’s attributes, the shaman had to have quite a bit of luck for him to receive any. Still, after thinking about it a bit, he felt it was quite normal for the shaman to have that much luck. Otherwise, he would have been hardly able to do all he did. 

‘Even so, he died at the end.’ Leo understood very well that even though luck was a useful thing to have, it was impossible to rely on it for everything. ‘Anyway, it’s good to have more,’ he mumbled as he checked the description of his new skills.

[Fire mantle: Rank C

Cover your body with a fire mantle that burns anything that comes in contact with you. The mantle acts as a barrier reducing any elemental damage by 15% and dealing 20% of fire damage upon contact.

Cost: 100 MP/sec]

[Blunt weapon mastery: Rank C

You have a basic understanding of blunt weapons. You can efficiently use common blunt weapons such as club, hammer, mace, bludgeon.]  

[Wild charge: Rank C

Launch an unstoppable charge and knock away all enemies on your path. The greater the distance traveled during the charge, the greater the damage your target receives. Damage dealt increases by 5% for every meter traveled. You can deal damage up to 250% of your physical attack. Beware of the backlash if you can’t hit any target before the end of the charge.

Cost: 3500 MP        Duration: 5 seconds]

‘Not too bad,’ Leo muttered as he looked at the three skills’ description. He was sure that the shaman had better skills in store, but he didn’t mind too much. After all, he already had enough skills as is and it wasn’t the opportunity to get new skills that he lacked.

‘Though, it would have been good if I could get one of his skills that is related to curse magic, or at least get the basic or intermediate fire manipulation,’ he thought bitterly. Still, that wasn’t to say that he didn’t find the skills he got useful.

Fire mantle was going to help him put his new fire element to use. Though it wasn’t that strong, it could serve as a deterrent and make him look more badass. He was sure few people would willingly fight a monster covered in fire. Or maybe they would. He wasn’t too sure. Anyway, he wouldn’t say no to the additional layer of defense it was going to grant him.

The blunt weapon mastery was the one he was more conflicted about. After all, he had no way to use a weapon in his current form. So, him having a weapon skill was well completely useless.

‘Well, unless I can use my paws like they are blunt weapons. Or I can get a telekinesis skill and use it to control my weapons,’ he mumbled, thinking of a few ways to put this skill to use. ‘Though the simplest solution would be to get a human body. The problem is that I had no idea when I would be able to get one.’ 

Done with the skills, he moved on to check the talent he got. And he had to say he felt like  Christmas came early when he saw its description.

[Magic disciple: 

-You have been initiated to magic and have gained a basic understanding of the working of nature and the elements it is made of.

-You can easily grasp basic spells and proficiently use them.

-The power of your spells is increased by 15%]

‘With this, it is going a lot easier to level my basic elemental manipulation,’ Leo thought happily. Immediately, he tried to use his wind manipulation and noticed that it was a lot smoother. The wind particles responded a lot more easily and his control over them was way stronger than before. Naturally, it wasn’t only the magic disciple at work. The fact that the wind manipulation leveled also helped a lot. But things were also easier when he used basic sand manipulation. So, it was clear that the effect of magic disciple wasn’t negligible.

‘Now, I am more confident in my chance of learning all the elemental manipulation without the help of the system,’ he thought before starting to check the mission rewards.

[Ding… Congratulations you have completed your mission. 

Completion grade: High

Do you wish to claim your rewards?]

‘Yes.’ He nodded, eagerly. The first part was already good, he was sure the second part wasn’t going to be disappointing. And he was right.

[You have received: Level +2, 60 AP, 30 SP, 100000 SC, LUK +3, Restoration elixir x1, Rank D dungeon crystal x2, Skill: Restore, Skill card x1, Skill upgrade card x2, Dusk core]

‘Let me see my status first,’ Leo muttered as he reigned in his excitement and decided to check his status before using the reward he got. He was curious about how strong he was right now.

[Name: Leo

Race: Winged Atlas Lion

Rank: D

Qualification: Advanced

Title: Reincarnated, Amarach overlord, Pride Leader, ???

Status: Recovering

Level: 15/ 15

Exp: 35530/-

HP:61700/61700

MP: 117440/117440

Stamina: 49360/49360

CONS: 373 => 537 (80)

STR: 373 => 557 (83)

AGI: 380 => 503 (125)

INT: 409 => 612 (122)

SPI: 249 => 426 (85)

CHA:  94 => 119

LUK:  15 => 20

AP:  0 => 74

SP: 11 => 41

Skills: 

General: Weak poison resistance Lv5, Insight Lv2, Weak cold resistance Lv7, Weak fire resistance Lv2, Basic curse resistance Lv1, Blunt weapon mastery Lv1

Rank E: Dash Lv5, Cleanse Lv1

Rank D: Shadow spike Lv5, Iron Claws Lv5, Poison Cloud Lv3, Toxic Ball Lv5, Earth armor Lv4, Fly Lv2, Wind bullets Lv3, Wind Slash Lv3

Rank C: Basic wind manipulation Lv7, Wind steps Lv3, Shadow jump Lv4, Fatal strike Lv2, Ethereal presence Lv3, Poison bite Lv1, Elemental conversion Lv1, Wind bomb Lv2, Fire mantle Lv1, Wild charge Lv1

Shadow Cat: Shadow cloak Lv4, Shadow Body Lv4, Shadow Ball Lv4

Winged Atlas Lion: Dominating Presence Lv3, Earth Shattering Stomp Lv2, Intermediate health regeneration Lv5, Mighty Bite Lv2, Basic sand manipulation Lv4, Sand summoning Lv1, Cursed Riddle Lv1, Spirit Tongue Lv1, Earth guard Lv5, Elemental perception Lv5, Quicksand Lv2, Sacred Halo Lv1, Atlas Blessing Lv1

???????: ####### Lv Max

Talent: Quick Learner, Predator, Wise Spirit, Intermediate Physique Enhancement, Swift, Shadow dweller, Night Prowler, Toxic genius, Magic disciple

Element: Shadow, Poison, Earth, Sand, Wind, Fire

Resistance: Poison: 17%, Ice: 23%, Fire: 8%, Curse: 40%

Currency: 100 gold

SC: 230480]

22