The Village
30 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon entering the village, I was met with looks of surprise from the villagers, hiding from behind their homes' doorposts.

One of them, a little boy looked at me with looks of longing.

"I'm sorry, humans. I'm not the rescue worker."

With that the villagers creeped back inside their homes, disappointed. Heh! Why would they think a fairy like me would be a rescuer for them? Unless...

I took a walk along the streets, apprehending a couple of muggers assaulting a young woman along the way. I need to walk over to the school where Keine-Sensei was supposed to teach at.

When I entered, I see the classroom being lit with candles and the students are learning. But isn't it night already...?

The students were also shivering, out of fear. When I looked at the cause of it, my eyes widened as well.

In front of me, a figure with long bright colored hair, with 2 curved horns on top of her head. But from the blue dress that she wore, I know who she is...

"Keine-Sensei..."

"Ah, Cirno. I'm surprised that the moon didn't claim your mind." She turned around to face me.

"Is this... Your true form, only during full moons?"

"It is. And it was a secret to most children... Until now. They still love me like the teacher they know me to be, although fear still lingers."

"I... I see... Sensei, what exactly is going on? Why is class in session in the middle of the night...?"

She didn't answer. Instead she pointed over to a clock hung on the wall, which is unusual. It was round, like any clock but above the number 6 there is 2 letters... A.M?

"What time is it, Cirno? Do you see it?"

"It's... 9 A.M... What does it mean?"

"It means that it's supposed to be morning, but this incident... Or whatever is happening stopped the morning to shine over the lands."

"So, you don't mean that Gensokyo is... Darkened?"

"It seems so. Most of the other denizens who were outside the village became insane from the moonlight, although I was lucky enough to construct a barrier surrounding the village, one that you can't see."

"But why is Kokoro...?"

"She was corrupted by the moon, and for some reason she decided to prevent you from entering the village. There may be a reason for it... But as far as I concerned, you were outside too. But you're not corrupted by the moonlight, for some reason."

"That's what I'm figuring out too, I mean I saw Wriggle, and I put her out as well... What if..."

"I had a feeling, Cirno. That you're the one fated to save this land, although you are not really prepared. Spell cards now kill for some reason, and you needed more protection from physical attacks."

"She's right. You do need protection, Fairy." Said a voice coming from a girl with long white hair, wearing a white shirt and red pants.

The immortal Fujiwara no Mokou. I asked her "You're not crazy too... Well, seeing the circumstances if you went outside the village you might become like them too."

"That's why I'm entrusting you with some gear. Follow me."

With that I followed Mokou to where she is heading, An old shed behind the school. She opened the door, and rummaged through the contents of the shed, until she finds 2 pieces of wooden pads.

"Wear these on your shoulders. You might want to create your own gear on your travels, if they strengthen, that is."

I put on the pads on my shoulder, giving me this look.

Cirno's first armor

"Before you finish this incident, there are some of your former teammates wanted to kill you outside the village. You can hunt them down if you want... Put them out of their insanity. Also, can I ask for a request?"

"Ask away."

"I need you to go to the Hakurei Shrine, and find Reimu. She was never seen since this incident started, and the whole village is worried. You can refuse this request if you don't feel like doing it, though."

I had some conflicts with Reimu in the past, like attacking her when she's trying to stop the scarlet mist incident, stopping me from trying to head out to the Outside world, and many more.

"I'll look for her."

"Good, and be careful, Ice Fairy. You'll never know what dangers might lurk outside."

Since I'm all geared up, it's time to leave the village... And head to Reimu's Shrine.

- To Be Continued

3