Myouren Temple
23 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up, to find myself beside Daiyousei who is still sleeping. We were at the schoolhouse, but it was declared a day off due to current circumstances.

The eclipse still darkened Gensokyo, only bits of the sun was able to light the land, causing it to look like a new dawn.

I still wonder, who is exactly the Soul of Nature?

"You met her everyday, perhaps."

Those words from Koakuma haunted me. I met the Soul, everyday? Who could it be?

"Good morning, Cirno-Chan..." I looked over to Daiyousei, slowly opening her eyes.

"Morning. Hey, Daiyousei... We meet each other everyday, right?"

"Well not everyday. Sometimes during the winter you left me so that you can play with Letty."

"I see..."

If it isn't Daiyousei, who could it be? Does Koakuma mean that I met her every single day, ever since I was created? Who?

"I'm worried, Cirno-Chan. Maybe we need to find you someplace to deal with this dilemma."

"Myouren."

"What?"

"Maybe the Priestess there can help me. Come on, Dai-Chan."

"Shall we let the others remain here to rest?"

"Yes. They've been through a lot."

Both of us then got off from the porch, and walked over to where the temple is. It was nearby, if I recall. Once we set our foot onto the streets we got some satisfying looks from the Human Villagers, who once scorned us.

As minutes passed, we reached the temple gate. However just as we were about to open the gate, we heard screaming from behind us.

We turned around to see the villagers running away from a wolf eared figure.

Kagerou of The Bamboo Forest

She carries an odd weapon around, which is a stick but with a large spiky metal thingy on it's end.

She approaches on all fours, before standing the weapon up with her left hand, and she roared at the sight of me.

"Dai-Chan, get inside."

I conjured my ice sword, and took a stance as the wolf girl approaches. I walked towards her, as she slowly swings her mace which I jumped over, before landing 3 quick strikes on her back, sending her body dropping to the ground.

She got up, and began to growl. All of a sudden she charged at me like a raging beast, although I dodged the first charge, she is agile enough to pounce me on the second time, which I couldn't dodge.

The wolf girl howled as she claws at my armor over and over, breaking it and unattached it off my body. Great, I just lost some heavy protection. However I won't be food for a wolf!

I managed to kick her off, and she readied her mace again. And to my surprise she stood up on two legs and began to swing the mace wildly, forcing me to step backwards to avoid getting hit.

As my back hit the gate, I had no other choice but to use my ice powers. I conjured an icicle large enough, to impale her.

I chose the right moment, and in a flash the icicle surged forwards, passing through the mace, and hitting the wolf, sending her flying to a house behind her. The icicle pinned her onto the wall as she aggressively tries to get it off but to no avail.

Seeing as she is no longer capable of combat, I walked inside the temple area.

And again, more stairs. Great, just what I wanted. After climbing what seems to be Miles towards the temple building, I was met with Daiyousei who is talking to a girl with mouse ears.

"Like I said, no entry during incidents!"

"Please Nazrin, for Kami-Sama's sake, let us in!"

"You. Ice fairy, you a friend of hers?" Asked Nazrin as she saw me behind Daiyousei.

"I need to see the Priestess."

"Oh, and what for?"

"There is something that is bugging my mind, so..."

"Not valid enough for a reason. Now Go. Away."

But then a woman, who has the characteristics of a tiger walks from behind Nazrin, and gave her a whack to the head.

"Pardon my subordinate. Please head inside if it's important."

"What the hell, Master!? Get off me!"

As they wrestled against each other me and Daiyousei walked inside the temple building to see the head priestess meditating at the end of the room.

"It was rare to have fairies, out of all people to visit the temple. Pardon Nazrin's behavior, as she is paranoid in times like this. My name is Byakuren Hijiri, Head Priestess of this temple."

"I am... I am Daiyousei, of the Misty Lake. This is my... Lover, Cirno. An Ice Fairy."

"An Ice Fairy, you say? I heard that you were the person responsible for bringing the daylight back."

"How did you know?"

"The Moon Rabbit of Eientei has been spying on your progress ever since she found you traversing along the Road of Liminality. With her subterfuge, we finally managed to convince the village that the incident is not caused by Lunarians."

She stood up, and asked again. "Now then, what is your purpose here in the temple?"

"Cirno-Chan is having a dilemma ever since her last battle with a devil. The devil said that whoever caused this incident to go further, is a fairy. And that fairy is someone she had met every single day."

"I see. You don't need to worry about such things, Ice Fairy. It is possible that she said so, just to lower your confidence. Forget about it, and you'll be fine."

"But I can't help but feel worried even more."

"Come with me."

She led me to a quiet room, where she then let me meditate, and that Daiyousei had to wait outside to not disturb me.

As I meditated, I feel my mind being at ease and I heard a voice.

"You're finally here, Fairy."

I opened my eyes to see a blue haired girl, standing in front of me wearing a hat adorned with peaches.

"Do not be afraid. I am a celestial, on your side. Not on The Current Soul of Nature's shell's. Before you ask my name, I am Tenshi Hinanawi."

"I am Cirno... Ice Fairy."

"I know. Me and Iku had both been observing you this whole time as well."

"Remember this, Fairy. If you ever hesitate or show any signs of worry, you will lose. Now reach for my hand, as I am going to give you one last element that you had yet to achieve."

I held her hand, and the both of us were covered in light. When my sights normalized, I find myself back in the meditating room.

"What Tenshi said is true as well, right? Do not worry." Hijiri told me.

"Maybe both of you were right. I should not worry over things like this."

All of a sudden, a bird came in with a rolled paper on tied on it's right leg.

"A message for Cirno?"

She then passed me the paper, and I read it.

"Thank you, Reisen! She found her, The Soul of Nature!"

"Is it? Where?"

"Youkai Mountain... That means I need to head north, towards home, and onwards."

"But you are not going there, unprepared are you?"

"I think so. That wolf girl clawed my armor off, I need a new one... Well, that's simple."

With a flick of a finger, I conjured a strengthened ice, as hard as crystal, and formed an armor out of it. It consists of a chest plate and shoulder armor, in which the left one has ice shards adorning it. Afterwards I conjured a double handed greatsword, out of the same strengthened ice.

Cirno's Third and Final Armor

But during the creation I find my strength in using my ice powers waning away. I tried to conjure a shard, which then melted as soon as it's created.

"Creating this armor and sword sure eats out my power a lot."

"Does this mean that your ice powers are now..."

"Yes. It's weakening, probably due to the over usage... But that's strange, since ice is my primary element."

"Could it be that because you are now an elemental, each element is balanced and has limits whenever you use them?"

"I don't get what you were saying, Hijiri. But I think I should get going."

I dashed out of the room, and Daiyousei followed.

"That fairy never changes... She sure is a stubborn one."

- To Be Continued

3