Descent
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I held the Soul's light onto my hand, and I closed it, trapping it inside it.

"W... What are you doing!? Cirno-Chan..."

I couldn't answer. I've made my choice. And the eclipse enclosed the sun, totally. Darkness came back, surging across the lands I once call home.

And in this darkness, the cold rages on. I looked over to see Daiyousei, shivering in the extreme cold.

Pitying her, I conjured a ball of fire, and asked her to hold it within her hands. She slowly and nervously complied, and the flame floated gracefully above her palms.

I begin to wonder, after I made this choice, what is the fate of Gensokyo's denizens? I stood up, and said, "Come on, Dai. We need to go now."

She nodded, and stood up from her kneeling as well. As we walked towards the path leading down the mountain, we took one last glance at the body lying on it's own pool of blood.

"Piece... If only I can convince you that time..."

"It's not totally your fault, Cirno-Chan. She started the argument herself."

Slowly, Piece's body begin to fade away into cinders. Perhaps she would respawn in Hell, if it's even alright there as of now.

We turned our backs once again, towards the path descending the mountaintop. As we walk down, we see more of the effects of my choice.

Flowers, trees and other plants alike begin to die out because of the cold and the lack of sunlight.

There has to be a way to get rid of the eclipse, and restore light to the land. Maybe someone might know... Who still survived this armageddon.

We stopped in our tracks as we heard rustling from the nearby bushes. Conjuring a crystal sword, I took a stance as Daiyousei hid behind me.

A second later, the creature from the bush emerges. One of the white wolf tengu, with glowing white eyes, and her skin has dark marks all over.

"What happened to you...?" I asked myself.

Daiyousei trembled behind me as she looked around. More of the wolf tengus begin to encircle our position. They never say a single word from their lips, which makes the eeriness even more spine chilling, for Daiyousei, that is.

Some of them were carrying broadswords, while the rest carried a short sword and white shields, with a red leaf painted onto the latter.

One of them approached first, and proceeded to swing her broadsword horizontally which I dodged by stepping backwards once, with Daiyousei.

As she still recovers from her attempted attack, I swing my sword wildly with both hands, until she falls and her body reduces into cinders.

But there is no time to celebrate as there are still like, 5 of them left.

I put the sword in my left hand, while I raised my right hand up, and a bolt of lightning is conjured. The wolves begin to raise their shields, while the ones with only swords hid behind them.

Smirking, I threw the bolt upwards, before making a barrier above myself and Daiyousei.

The bolt that hits the sky above us, returns as a hail of homing bolts which strikes down on the tengus, reducing them into ashes afterwards.

"Let's go."

I said, and Daiyousei followed me, continuing our descent. When we finally reach the bottom however, I see the path ahead is covered in a gray mist.

"Something tells me that there's something dangerous beyond that mist, Cirno-Chan."

Wasting no time, I turned my short sword into a curved one before walking forward.

"Hey wait up! Don't leave me behind..."

We slowly walked across the mist, leaving the Youkai mountain behind us.

- To Be Continued

0