The Survivors
2 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continued our walk towards the Village, and as we walk even closer, rain falls.

Instinctively, I erected a barrier above Daiyousei, so that the flame she is holding didn't go off.

"You know, you don't need to worry about me too much, Cirno-Chan."

"You can barely fight, Dai. You'll only be safe when I'm around."

"W... Well..."

"No more words. We need to head to the Village. Find out if there's anyone still alive."

"Y.. Yes."

The path ahead is dark, with not even a spark from a fire. Maybe my choice really doomed even me.

Slowly, we walked forwards, until we feel our feet being slowed down.

"Umm, Dai."

"Yes, Cirno-Chan?"

"Is the ground here always make our walking heavy?"

"No... Not at all."

Looking down, we see bones... Finger bones, and their hands grasping our feet.

"Damn, Ambush!"

"Cirno-Chan!"

I pulled out Roukanken, and slashed the hands off, and afterwards they emerge from the ground. Bony remains of humans, rising from the ground beneath us.

"Dai, on 3... We run."

The bones begun to walk towards us, as I see an opening in the middle.

"3!"

We dashed forwards, never looking back. We ran, not caring our legs are killing us from the long run.

We didn't look back, not until we see the Village gate ahead of us... Which is narrowly opened. I let Daiyousei squeeze herself inside first, as I turned around to see those bones running towards us, with stakes and stones.

"Water sign - Flash flood!"

I chanted, as I manipulated the mist around me into water, and a wave washed over the bones. Afterwards, I freeze them using "Ice sign - Perfect Freeze!"

They stop in their tracks. I use this opportunity to squeeze myself through the gate, and closed it behind me.

"Look who do we have here."

I looked up, to see Mokou and Keine-Sensei. Their faces are clearly unpleased, and they both folded their arms.

"Have you realized what have you done, Cirno?"

"I have doomed us all, Keine-Sensei."

"Why did you come back here?"

"Making sure you people are still alive."

"We are still alive, because Mokou's immortal, and I'm half human, although we still have hope in us. Look at what you've done. The humans here... They became hollow."

I looked at the people behind them. Their skins are deadly pale, and their eyes are glowing white. They had clearly lost the light... And hope in them.

"Hollow?"

"They had lost all sense of hope and positivity from your actions. The end of the world turned them into these vegetable like state."

"But there's maybe a way to fix it... Even though I absorbed the Soul inside me, maybe I can still somehow stop this!"

"Hmph. You need to get to Myouren... Perhaps someone would know what to do."

"Got it."

I walked pass them, and I see Daiyousei kneeling down in fear of seeing the hollowed humans.

"Let's go, Dai."

"Yes."

We walked over, exploring the village first. We stopped at a place called Suzunaan at first, which rents book. What's renting, again?

I walked inside, and I see the proprietor standing behind her desk.

"Welcome to Suzunaan... Even though in this state, I can still welcome even fairies. How can I help?"

Her skin is also pale white, her eyes still had her life in her, although they are greying.

"How are you feeling?"

"Cold. So cold, empty, hopeless. But at least part of me still have hope."

"And why is that?"

"People still rented books."

"I... I see."

I bid my goodbye to her, as she waved her hand slowly. We walked out, and headed towards the schoolhouse where we last left Remilia and her group.

They were still there, with the maid being half hollow. Her skin is pale, and her eyes are greyish. She still smiled, as she seems to still have a purpose, to serve that vampire.

"Although me and Flan are both comfortable knowing that we don't have to worry about the sun anymore, I'm afraid that I must not be grateful for your actions to doom the world."

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Look at Sakuya's state. You don't get to be sorry."

"I said I'm fine, Remilia-Sama."

"But Meiling's--" Flandre is about to speak, but a hand covered her mouth.

"Don't mention that, Flan." Koishi said, as Flandre continued to muffle out her words.

"At least I still have friends at the temple... And Seija." Nue said.

"You're too flattering, Nue."

"Shut up."

As they continue to bicker, I turned around after saying "I should go. My quest is still not finished."

But then Flandre and Koishi stopped me by holding my shoulders.

"You're not going alone with that Greater Fairy. We're both coming with you as well."

"You don't know how dangerous our quest may be. You should stay with your sisters, don't make them worry."

"We're doing this on our own free will, not our sisters' stubborn ones."

Sighing, I said "Alright then. But don't even think about slowing me and Dai down."

"Got it, boss." Koishi replied as Flandre just nodded.

We then headed out, not as a couple but a party of people, aiming to find a way to solve this incident. We headed over to Myouren this time, and we see that the temple gate is wide open.

We walked in, and as soon as we did that Mouse Youkai greeted us again.

"Congratulations, on dooming us all."

"Well, you weren't there to stop me." I said back to her.

"Whatever. You don't wanna get inside though... Ichirin's acting weird."

"Weird? How so?"

"She's muttering things about you, some 'Mystic City' and other things."

"Mystic City?"

"I think that's in Makai, though. Never been there since forever. Now just get out from my sight, will you?"

Deep down, I want to give this mouse a slap across her face. Too bad I'm not so much as a person who would attack for pity reasons... Well, I was once that Fairy who would do so. But now, in this incident I won't let emotions get the better of me.

We marched into the temple building, and in front of us we see a giant being, clad in smoke.

"Huh... Unzan."

"Hmm? You're that Ice Fairy... Turned elemental aren't you? Bring Ichirin-Sama... To me... We need to talk."

"But I don't know where she--"

Then we heard a voice behind us, cutting my words.

"Fear not, Unzan. I'm here already."

The 4 of us turned around, to see a blue haired girl wearing a dark blue hood, carrying a scythe on her right hand and a large metal ring thingy in her left.

Priestess Ichirin, Phase 1

My companions looked at me with worry, as I conjured a lightning bolt on my right hand.

"What do you want with me, Priestess?"

"Free the Soul from you. Then Gensokyo and the world will be saved."

"But you would kill me in the end. And if you do, You won't be able to get me to give it back all of the elements I have acquired."

"I have no reason to believe those words... Of a being that has brought doom to this world. Fear not, Unzan... Byakuren... Let me end this."

- To Be Continued

1