The Passage
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We took another step up on the stone steps that leads up to the shrine.

"Always makes me wonder, why do all shrines have steps this many? Who built this, a fitness teacher?"

"Couldn't agree more. Moreover, I'm tired of flying us around, Cirno-Chan."

"Sorry to have been a burden to you, Dai."

"Don't apologize. No hard feelings, though."

"Right."

We managed to reach the top of the hill, and we see the torii gate standing tall, but it was broken in half. Presumably by lightning? I will never know.

We walked around the shrine area, to look for things that we might have missed. As the both of us are inspecting the donation box, which is empty as always, we heard movement.

It was quick. We begin to turn our gazes as quickly as we could until we see the shadow of a horned being.

"Time sign - Clock Up"

After chanting that, I moved in a speed of light and managed to capture the being. It appears to be a dog spirit of some sort, which I have never seen before.

"Who and what are you?"

"I am... Komano Aunn. This shrine's komainu... I thought you were intruders so I tried to scare you out for a bit."

"If you're this shrine's koma whatever, tell me. Where is the Miko?"

"Well, I oversee the shrine area... But here's what I can tell you. She kind of opened some cave entrance at the small mountain behind the forest, behind the shrine."

"Where does this cave lead?"

"I don't know! Maybe you can find out... Just let me go already!"

"Cirno-Chan, let her go!"

Hearing Dai, I loosened my grip on Aunn.

"Go. But just because Dai wanted to. Go back, and oversee the shrine again."

Aunn quickly ran off, as Dai then approached my back, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Should we really head there? We don't know what's over there!"

But I do remember seeing that cave in my vision, and that's where I'm going. I walked ahead, as Dai then followed. We walked through the dead forest behind the shrine, and found a small pathway leading up. Reaching the top, we find a cave entrance.

"This was never here whenever we came to play, Cirno-Chan."

"It is now. Because that Miko's gone through here."

Outside the cave is a small campfire, which I froze before we went inside. I presume that Miko made camp here before finally finding a way to open up the cave.

Inside is dark, as expected of a cave. I called over to Daiyousei, conjuring a fire ball for her to grasp.

It floats gracefully on top of her hands, giving warmth and light to it's surroundings.

We walked through the caves. We didn't stop to take a rest. Whatever lies deep inside this cave, I will try to brave the dangers it will give me.

Because, I, and that Miko are this world's last hope.

- To Be Continued

1