Elis, The Last Devil
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once we landed on the city square we were met with a large statue in the middle. The statue bears striking similarities to that Shinki statuette.

"Whoever this Shinki is, I think this city is possible to exist because of her."

"She must be a goddess, Cirno-Chan. A good goddess, I hope."

"There are no 'good' goddesses, Dai."

"Why'd you say that?"

"Is the way those soldiers greet us, are good? They seems to be very devoted to this goddess."

"Maybe someone caused them to attack outsiders on sight."

"Perhaps."

We walked closer to the statue, and I touched the base of it. There is a small gem decorating the middle, and I touched it.

The ground shook.

"What did you just do?"

"I touched the gem... Oh, crud."

The ground beneath me cracks open, and I fell down into the abyss below. I managed to land on my feet, and because the ground below is sand, It kinda dims the pain a bit. Lucky, I wore shoes today.

"The intruder... The elemental."

"Who said that? Show yourself!"

"I am one with the darkness inside this formerly Ruins of Vina. Now, a huge square is built on top of it... Considering that you have unsealed my way out, I have to thank you, after I also beat you of course."

I turned around, and I see a barrage of danmaku heading my way. I quickly took cover behind one of the rocks.

"Former Fairy Turned Elemental... You are now facing Elis, Creation of Shinki, and The Last Devil alive in this world."

Last devil? So there is nobody else? Well, I did defeat Koakuma back then. But given the nature of Makai, shouldn't there be an abundance of devils? Why is there only the last one?

I raised my sword before noticing that I still wear no armor. It was removed by Louise back during the fight with her.

I looked at what is behind the stone, and her figure is seen.

Cirno vs Elis

Long blonde hair, which color resembles Rumia's, a pair of bat wings, a red bow as a headwear, a long sleeved blouse with a large red bowtie, and a red skirt. She also wears a pair of red shoes. Her eyes have slit irises, and on her left cheek is a red star mark. She is carrying a wand with a golden star on the edge of it.

"Now, show yourself Elemental, and prepare to be vanquished, so I can finally get my freedom."

"Not a chance."

I jumped on top of the rock and hopped off, with my sword drawn. I intend to thrust my blade into her while she is still midair, and giving her the element of surprise.

But to my surprise, she then transformed into a small bat and flew behind me.

I feel her arms wrapping around my body, before she then flew up and then diving back down to the ground with our heads heading straight to it.

The impact manages to ring a bell in my skull, my vision becomes blurry, and the pain is unbearable.

However, it seems that Elis has somehow let go of me before the impact before rebalancing herself. She taunted me by saying "Is this all?"

"No!" I shouted as I took a sip from my flask, removing the pain and restoring my sight.

"Ice sign - Icicle Fall!"

I manipulated the cold air inside the caved-in city square, and a rain of icicles pour down into the area. Elis managed to gracefully dodge each icicles which were slow on the fall.

She then used her wand to fire off more danmaku, and lasers which missed because I jumped back into cover behind one of the rocks.

I came back out, and I shoot out multiple icicles at her at full speed. However she dodged out of the way, and continued firing back.

"I need to bring her down somehow."

But then I realized that the size of her wings are bigger than her own body, which is a dead giveaway.

With a concentrated charge, I shoot a high speed icicle, as sharp as a needle which hits her in the right wing.

She grunted out in pain, before falling down to the ground. She pulled the icicle off, leaving a hole in her wing.

"I can't just shoot danmaku you know..."

She then spins her wand, and it turns into an axe. I conjured a crystallized greatsword in return, before we ran at each other and leapt in the air.

Our blades, from the greatsword and the axe locked onto each other, sparks flying as they grinded each other.

I managed to push her off, making her off-guard and I manage to land a slash on her stomach.

It hit her, but then she jumped back, before she flapped her wings, to glide at me. But because of the wound that I created on her right wing her gliding is slowed down.

I managed to dodge out of the way by rolling to the side, and I see her colliding with one of the rocks, before falling back to the ground rubbing her head in pain.

I dashed forwards, and leapt into the air before swinging my sword down on her, but she turned around with her axe, and hooked it around my blade before kicking me off.

"You fell for it."

She widened her eyes, as I conjured a lightning bolt on my left hand and threw it at her while I'm still mid-air.

The bolt hits her in the left wing, stunning and crippling her. Now she couldn't even fly properly with that wound.

I flipped once, and landed on my feet before I ran forwards and thrusted my greatsword into her chest. It went through, as she coughed out blood, and when I pulled it out she knelt down, before her body falls apart into dust.

"Cirno-Chan! Are you alright?" A voice called out from above.

It was Daiyousei, flying down searching for me. I called out to her, and she flew towards me, and lifted me out of the hole.

- To Be Continued

1