Reimu, The Last Hakurei (III)
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The orbs revolved around the caster, Reimu in a violent speed, causing a tornado of sand which surrounded the tomb.

As the sandstorm blew all around the tomb, lightning begins to strike down from the skies onto random areas of the tomb, one of which struck me, before I deflected it using Roukanken, and used the flow to slash Reimu.

The slicing thunder flew straight to the Hakurei Miko, who just knocked it off to another direction using her spear, and the orbs begin to revolve faster as she prepared more ofuda to throw.

She threw the ofuda which starts to glow in midair which follows me around like a homing missile from the Kappa. I managed to evade them by somehow grazing myself through them.

Afterwards I ran to Reimu and gave her a hefty punch on her cheek. She barely flinched, and her grin becomes wider as the orbs around her begins to glow.

"That's... Fantasy Heaven! Fairy, get out of there! You won't survive through that!"

I gasped, as I heard Sanae's warning. The orbs' revolution becomes even more faster this time before they glow in a black light. I conjured a dome of crystallized ice around me, as I see the orbs emitting hundreds or even thousands of ofuda shaped danmaku.

The dome barely managed to hold itself against the ofuda storm which then broke, and a hand reaches out to grab me in the neck.

Reimu pulled me out of the broken dome before she proceeds to slam me into the sand below. She then forces the blade of her spear onto my neck, which I resisted by grabbing onto the spear's shaft.

The both of us struggled, until I see Sanae shooting star shaped danmaku at her former lover. Daiyousei also proceeded to join in by shooting small bursts of danmaku, which all hit Reimu, although she doesn't flinch as if they were just cotton being thrown to a rock.

She stood back up slowly, and she threw a barrage of ofuda at Sanae, which pierced through her body making her cough out blood, but I managed to save her by undoing the summoning, returning her into being a stone cherry.

I stood back up quickly and I wrap my hands around Reimu's neck. I gripped onto it, not letting go as she begins to choke.

She kicked me off, before flipping our positions together so that she strangles me instead.

Her eyes glow brightly as I gaze at them, and she begins to open her mouth. A mysterious force also forced me to open my mouth, and we witnessed what happened. The Soul of Nature, which is stored inside of my body is being extracted away into her body.

I struggled, as the soul is halfway on it's path to Reimu's body. However I couldn't resist her, and the soul goes to her even faster and upon reaching inches from her mouth, I see a figure tackling her away to the sand, before pulling me back up.

The soul returns into my body, and I looked up to see my savior.

It's not Daiyousei.

"What took you so long...?"

The figure stood tall in front of me, wielding her longsword as she floats gracefully in the middle of the storm.

"...Piece?"

"I've learned a couple of things and I am here, to assist you. Perhaps Gensokyo still has a chance, after all."

The Star Spangled outfit wearing fairy took on a stance as Reimu stood back up. I took my own stance as well, with Roukanken on my hands.

"However, I am here not to save Gensokyo. I just learned that perhaps Star's soul is somewhere on your possession."

"Box's at Daiyousei."

Piece took a glance at her and made a small smirk.

"Let's do this, my rival."

Reimu then vanished into thin air, and appeared behind us.

"Go!"

The both of us reversed our blades, and thrusted them to the area behind us, which goes through the stomach of Reimu. She begins to cough out blood, before she giggled a bit.

Thunder begins to strike on the tomb, randomly. We took our time dodging every single strikes which were warned by the small light on the sand before the strike.

"Let's do this, Chills!"

"Alright!"

Piece begins to shoot out a barrage of lasers and star shaped danmaku that should be hard to dodge, and I increased that difficulty by using "Ice Sign - Icicle Fall!"

The danmaku from both our attacks hit her, but not all of them hits. She managed to conjure a barrier, which held back the rest of the attacks until we stop.

"Spirit Sign - Fantasy Orb..."

Several orbs of black light begin to appear behind her, and they surged towards us, which we shielded off using my ice wall I conjured in time. But by the time I undid the wall, she vanished.

"Above us!"

We see her diving down towards us with her spear. The both of us raised our swords, and parried off her aerial attack, pushing her back off to the sand.

"Now!"

The both of us shouted as we imbued our swords, mine with light, and Piece with hellfire, and thrusted them into Reimu's body.

We pulled our blades out, and She begins to scream like how a demon would, and she gripped her head in pain before she knelt down and collapsed onto the sand.

"It's over."

"Yeah."

Piece then showed me her left fist. I looked at her for a second, as she smiled warmly. I smiled back, before I knocked my fist into hers.

Daiyousei came out from her hiding, and ran towards me.

"What are we going to do now...?"

I crouched down, and held a finger onto her neck. There's still beating.

"She's still alive. Let's get her back."

"But won't she...?"

"She won't. The Souls of the Previous Mikos have left her after our last attack."

Clownpiece nodded, before she and Daiyousei carried the unconscious Reimu on their shoulders, and they slowly floated off, as I follow them back to the cave which we came out of to enter The Mystic City.

Piece and Daiyousei went inside first with Reimu on their shoulders. I turned by back once on the once sprawling metropolis, turned into an ashen wasteland with only sands and buried ruins.

I smiled a little, before I turned around and went inside the cave, in order to return to Gensokyo.

- To Be Continued

1