Chapter Two: Late Like Always
67 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The koalas and pandas danced as I ate cookies. I was just about to join them when I heard some screaming.

“Amruta! Get up! If you don't get up in the next five seconds I’m gonna eat your pancakes!”

“Huhhhh… What’s going on?” I wondered as I rubbed my eyes.

“What’s going on? What’s going on?! You, missy, are going to be very late to school if you don't get up!”

“What?! Ack! I forgot to set my alarm,” I screamed jolting to consciousness.

“Finally awake aren’t you. Took long enough,” frowned my sister.

“Sorry sis… But that doesn’t mean you can threaten my pancakes,” I replied.

“Yes I can. I am not the one who woke up late and has to get ready for the bus in the next ten minutes.”

“Agh… sorry…” I apologized as I rushed out of the bed and into the bathroom. Footsteps faded into the background and I sighed.

My sister, Janya, was a scary person. She pulls my blanket, tickles my feet, and turns off the fan to get me out of bed. Today she threatened my pancakes. Everything is fair game to her. The toothbrush moved in my mouth as I reminisced about the many mornings similar to today’s.

A few minutes later I was in my closet deliberating what to wear. In the end, I chose black leggings and paired it with a cute camo crop top.

“Is the bus here?” I asked as I ran down the stairs.

“Nope, but it will be in a few,” answered my mom.

I ran to the kitchen table and gobbled down my pancakes. My sister appeared behind me and handed me my bag.

“Thanks!” I yelled before I rushed out of the house to get to the bus stop. 

The talking of excited teenagers drifted in the air as I neared the bus stop. The roaring of the bus grew louder and I ran faster to reach before it left.

“Woohoo! I got here on time!”

Amara, a friend of mine, stared at me and said, “This isn’t on time. This is getting lucky.”

“Maybe, but I don’t care. I’m here anyways.”

“Yeah, I know. It happens more often than it should.”

“It’s great isn’t it. My luck.”

“Kinda.”

The bus arrived just then, so we stopped talking. I entered the bus and sat on the same seat as always. I pulled out my phone and turned on some music. I was still kinda sleepy, so I dozed off.

0