Chapter Six: Useful Items
51 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This time I wasn’t lying on the floor. I was sitting in a chair. I opened my eyes and warily looked around. I reached my hand towards the knife to protect myself. Fortunately, there was nothing around me.

I was in some sort of shack. It seemed to be night outside as there was no light coming in through the many gaping holes in the walls.

I took my goggles off my head. I wanted to look at them more to see if it was a special item.

The goggles had a black strap and almost green-tinted lens. There didn’t seem to be anything abnormal about it. I put them back on my head, but covered my eyes with it this time. 

The world seemed tinted in green. I could see more than I could earlier. They must be night vision goggles. These will be helpful.

I took them off and looked at my knife instead. It had a glaring sheen to it like it had just been cleaned. It had a jagged edge on the sharper part of the knife. It seemed to be well made, but I wasn’t really sure.

Then I pulled the gun. The gun seemed like a handgun and seemed to be pretty easy to use. Luckily, I asked the glowy? screen to give me an instruction booklet on how to use it earlier.

I put down the gun. I took my backpack off and looked inside. There seemed to be something else other than the cloak. It seemed like dried jerky.

Ahhhhh. So they give us some food. That’s good. But it looks really unappetizing. Maybe I should rob some grocery stores later.

There also seemed to be a few extra pairs of clothes.

I zipped up the back pack, but kept the cloak. Then I noticed something on my gloves. There seemed to be some sort of metal chip in it. I tapped on it to see what it was and a screen suddenly appeared in front of me. It said ‘Sector S7.’ It seemed to be a mapping feature. I could only see a little around me, but at least I wouldn’t get lost with this.

I tapped on the chip again and it disappeared. Then I said, “Skill Status.” Then a screen appeared. It said this:

[Skill Status]

‘These are all the skills you have so far and the levels for each. It also tells the cooldown time and restriction on the skill.

[Comms]Active Lv.1~ None. Needs both people to have skill to work.

[Target]Passive Lv.1~ None.

[Appraise]Active Lv.1~ None. Needs to be at a distance of 3 meters or less from target to work.

[Gun]Passive Lv.1~ None.

Say the skill name to activate.’

Hmm… there seems to be some skills I didn’t know about. As soon as I wondered what they did, an explanation of the skill appeared.

[Appraise]- A skill that allows you to see an item’s description. The level of the skill is proportionate to how descriptive the explanation is. Cannot appraise humans at current level.

[Gun]- This is the starter skill in an evolutionary pathway. Every player of the gun game has this skill. Can evolve.

Appraisal. That would be useful. Then I appraised a few of my items.

[Goggles]- This item will allow the user to see in the night. Durability 50/50.

[Knife]- This item will allow the user to slash and cut. Durability 25/25.

[Handgun with 9mm Bullets]- This item will allow the user to shoot. Durability 30/30. Durability does not decrease during the first seven days.

{Shadow Cloak]- This item will allow the user to blend into the shadows. The user should quiet while using this item as it does not block sounds. Durability 50/50.

[Jerky]- Food? Can this be considered food? Anyways, it has all the nutrients you need though it won’t taste good and leaves a horrible aftertaste. Amount 15.

No. Not the food…

0