Chapter 1- Stuck In the Void
147 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucas ran with all his might, avoiding tree branches and gliding past obstacles.

He thought he had been prepared, but it seems he had been mistaken. Clearly, Conner wanted to kill him more then he thought.

Conner was a genius and the son of the main wife. He had literally everything handed to him, yet he goes out of his way to make Lucas's life miserable. Like he didn't have enough on his plate.

Putting more mana into his legs, he started to move faster.

Although he didn't hear any footsteps, his Void magic could sense his enemies approaching quickly. It wouldn't take long before they arrived.

After all, Lucas was barely a Rank 1 mage, while the assassins were Rank 3 Warriors. Even if Lucas had Void magic, with his pitiful amount of mana, what could he do?

While desperately running away, Lucas's mind went into overdrive to find a way to survive.

Threaten them with my status as the son of Count Grey? Nope, they were probably sent by my brother.

Lead them into dangerous territory? Nope, Lucas was more likely to die then any of them.

Suddenly, Lucas's warning signals went off. Barely dodging a kunai that was aimed at his neck, he found that one of the assassins had already made it here.

Lucas cursed under his breath.

"A rare Stealth martial art? Great, just my luck."

His whole life has just been a series of misfortune. His mother died when he was born and he had been shunned by his father. He was born with a rare element but had trash mana and aptitude, his element just elevating everyone's disappointment.

Yet, Lucas kept moving on. He ignored the insults and condescending remarks, constantly training to build up his mana pool and cultivated diligently. No matter what life had thrown at him, he had always met it at full force and survived.

"I have to live! I can't die until I prove everyone wrong! To prove that I can become strong!"

With a flash of determination in his eyes, he summoned all of the mana in his body. His body felt weak and the mana he had gathered could be called pitiful, but it was enough.

Without even forming a spell model, Lucas used his raw Void Magic to tear a whole in space.

A black gash the size of a human was opened in the air, its doors opening to endless darkness.

This was a gate to the Abyss, the source of all Void magic.

Lucas jumped into the gate without hesitation. His mana gave out the moment he passed, making the portal collapse in the air.

All traces of Lucas was gone, leaving a group of very confused assassins. What do they tell their employer now?

7