Why Does Your Quirk Hurt? [Comedy/Romance]
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey, you there! Greenie! Midoriya! Izuuuukuuu Midoooooriiiiyaaaaa!”

 

Izuku looked up as he heard the voice, confused. His confusion grew even further as he saw a girl with bright blue, butt-length hair, floating around with her PE uniform on. She was floating around head height through the corridors, and was currently zooming right towards him.

 

He ducked and grabbed his hand, to protect his broken fingers, as she went whizzing over his head, before letting out a squeak and stopping abruptly, landing on the floor in front of him, her hands behind her back as she smiled at him.

 

“Hey hey! You were really cool out there! That guy could take over your body, right? How did you break out of that?”

 

When Izuku was about to respond, she moved even closer, getting right up in his face.

 

“And you didn’t use your Quirk in the other two events! Is it cause it breaks you? Why does it do that? Are you just that strong?”

 

Izuku stammered and nodded. “Uh… who are y-“

 

“Oh, yea! I’m Nejire Hadou! You can just call me Nejire! Or Nejire-chan! That’s my hero name!”

 

She had gotten even closer, her face now so close he was looking right into her eyes. There was also the issue of her boobs pressing into his chest. Damn, they were nice.

 

“I, uh, I didn’t use my Quirk cause it was going to break me if I did! I’ve only had it for a little while so I’m still working in control!”

 

Nejire bounced up and down, looking curious. “Ooo! That means your like, a super late bloomer! That’s cool! How long is a little while?”

 

Izuku scratched the back of his head, taking a small step away from the girl. “Uh, around 2 months now? It manifested in the entrance exam…”

 

Nejire’s face brightened, her mouth open wide in surprise. “Whaaaaat?! That’s so weird! And cool! You took the exam without a Quirk?! That’s so cool of you!”

 

Izuku blushed and dropped his head, before he was saved by All Might turning the corner in his skinny form. “Young Midoriya? Who’s your friend?”

 

Izuku let out an ‘eep’ as the man spoke, turning to him. “Al- Mr Yagi! I uh, this is Nejire Hadou. She was just asking me some questions!”

 

All Might nodded, stroking his chin. “Ah yes, Miss Hadou, shouldn’t you be going back to the third years stadium now? Your match with Young Amajiki is soon, correct?”

 

Nejire nodded quickly, smiling. “Ah! Yes it is, Mr Skeleton man! Goodbye Midoriya! I'll definitely see you around! You’ve made me very curious!”

 

Izuku waved as she floated off, waving to him as she did so, a pretty smile adorning her face, the sight burning into Izuku’s brain.

 

All Might hummed as he watched the girl leave, before turning to his successor. He placed his hand on the boys shoulder. “Let’s have a chat, Young Midoriya…”

 


 

Everything hurt.

 

His arms were shattered, his fingers even more so. His right leg was broken as well, having launched himself at Todoroki with it at the end of their fight. He had been rushed to Recovery Girl’s office, and was currently being given nutrients so that he had enough energy to be healed.

 

Recovery girl entered the room, quickly moving over to him and planting a small kiss on his forehead, allowing his bones to heal slightly, before stopping her Quirk again, letting him regain energy some more.

 

“Miss Recovery Girl! Miss Recovery Girl! Is there any way I can help?”

 

Izuku thought he recognised that voice, but now that his adrenaline was gone, he was having a hard time staying conscious, let alone being able to focus. He could see a blue blob in his blurry vision. Wait. was that Nejire?

 

“Sorry Youngin’, unless you can increase this boys stamina right this instant, there’s not much you can do.”

 

A moment of silence spread throughout the room before the humming of Nejire’s Quirk started again. “Wait here! Yuyu might be able to help with that!”

 

As the girl zoomed out of the room, Izuku vision went black, his last sight being a confused and angry Recovery Girl.

 


 

“Rise and shine greenie! You’re all better now!”

 

Izuku groaned in relief at the lack of pain around his body. He opened his eyes, his entire line of sight a brilliant blue colour. Then the wall of blue moved, bringing Nejire Hadou’s face into sight. “Hey there!”

 

Izuku lifted his arm, noting the lack of pain, and winced as he saw the jagged scars on his hand. “What happened? I thought Recovery Girl said I had to wait to regain energy before she could heal me?”

 

He heard a grumble from his right, the old nurse looking very upset. “A certain rat forgot to mention that we had a student that acted like a jumper cable for energy of all kinds.”

 

He heard another voice speak up. “Hey! I am not a Jumper cable! If anything I’m like a mobile charger cord.”

 

Izuku turned to see a girl with short red hair standing next to Nejire, her PE uniform on as well. “Hey there, the names Yuyu Haya, 3rd-year Support student. Good to see you up and at ‘em. Nejire kept bugging me to help you out.”

 

Nejire nodded, smiling. “Yea! Yuyu is really good at charging batteries and stuff for her cool gadgets, so I thought she might be able to give you some of my energy so you could be healed! Don’t worry about me, I have a bunch of energy!”

 

Izuku sat up, smiling at the girls. “Well, I really do have to thank you too then. And you too Recovery Girl, I owe you a lot.”

 

Recovery girl just huffed. “Damn straight you do, kiddo. Now, all three of you get out, I have some more brats to treat. Shoo.”

 

Izuku stumbled out of the infirmary with Nejire and Yuyu as the nurse pushed them, before handing a piece of paper to Yuyu. “Could you please come back here after the sports festival, deary? I want to talk to you about an internship opportunity.”

 

Yuyu nodded dumbly as Recovery GIrl slammed the door. For a few seconds there was silence, followed by a yell of “NEZU!” from the woman. The 3 of them decided to leave at that point, not wanting to incur her wrath now that she was angry.

 

Izuku got ready for another onslaught of questions when the speaker system crackled again, Present Mic’s voice playing over them. “Nejire Hadou and Mirio Togata! Come down to the stadium yo! Y’all about to be fighting!”

 

Nejire pouted, her shoulders dropping. “Oh poo! I wanted to talk with you some more Greenie! You were really cool during that match! I wanted to ask some questions!”

 

She started to hover, yellow energy flowing out of her hands and feet like that old pre-Quirk hero, and moving slowly down the hallway. “Watch my match, Ok? I want to see what you think later!”

 

Izuku watched her fly off for the second time that day, confused as to why he was so interesting to anyone, let alone a girl as pretty as her. After a few seconds, he was tapped on the shoulder, pulling him from those thoughts.

 

Yuyu hummed, crossing her arms. “I’m gonna go too, your welcome for helping healing you, by the way, Recovery Girl said that your hands would have gotten real munted without me.”

 

Izuku yelped and nodded. “Ah! Yes! Thank you so much! Your help was greatly appreciated!”

 

Yuyu just laughed softly. “Don’t worry about it kiddo, just do me a favour alright? Nejire’s got her eye on you now, so don’t disappoint her, alright?”

 

Izuku was confused, but he didn’t let that stop him from nodding. “Of course! I’ll do my best to not disappoint her! Although, I’m not really sure what she wants from me…”

 

Yuyu chuckled a bit louder this time. “Oh, don’t worry about that.”

 

“I’m sure you’ll find out soon enough.”

 


 

“Hey Hey Hey! Midoriya! What's the haps, chaps!”

 

Izuku looked up to see Nejire floating above the doorway, smiling down at him. He let out a small yelp, jumping to the side, allowing Nejire to drop to the floor with a laugh taking a step towards him. “Don’t be scared! Just little ol’ me!”

 

Izuku smiled at her shakily, rubbing the back of his head. He still wasn’t used to how close Nejire liked to get to him. “Oh, hello Hadou, how are you?”

 

Crossing her arms over her chest, she pouted. “A little upset with you actually! Who said you could just go into an alleyway and fight a wanted murderer!”

 

Izuku froze up. “How do you know about that?!”

 

Nejire just pulled out her phone and showed him a text from… himself? When did she get his phone number? When did he get hers? “They arrested Stain right outside this alleyway that you texted to me, a few minutes after the text came through!”

 

Her pout deepened as she put her phone away, poking Izuku in the cheek. “That's was incredibly stupid!  Did you at least get a good hit on him?”

 

Izuku blanched at the sudden change. “I...uh...I think so? I got a smash off into his head, and I got him in the face at the very end there…”

 

Nejire’s face brightened. “And you’re not all broken! Or at least you’re not right now? Did you figure out how to not break yourself? Or does this hospital have someone like Recovery Girl? They probably do, seeing as its a hospital and all, but I’m kinda hoping you figured out how to not break yourself!”

 

Izuku nodded, allowing his Full Cowling 5% to come to life, the green lightning that came with it appearing around him as he jumped up and down a few times to show off the enhanced strength.

 

“I figured out how to control the output a bit, but my body can still only really take around 5% of my maximum before I start to break myself a bunch.”

 

Nejire’s eyes widened as her Quirk activated, floating off of the ground and doing a loop. “You can jump that high and you’re only using 5%?! That's so cool! OOO! Maybe I could help you train sometime! I have to train a lot to keep my energy levels up, so I could probably help you!”

 

Izuku thought the offer over. According to All Might, Nejire was one of UA’s ‘big three’, a trio of students who were close to All Might himself in power and skill, even among the pros… who was he kidding, of course he was going to accept!

 

“That would be amazing of you! Thank you so much Hadou! I’d be honoured to train with one of the ‘big three!’

 

Nejire laughed, smiling and bobbing up and down, still floating in the air. “No problem! But It won’t just be with me! The other 2 of the big three train with me every day! I’m sure Mirio’s gonna love you, but Tamaki might take some time to warm up to you!”

 

She then grabbed onto his arm, pulling him into the air, ignoring his fearful yelps. “OOO I can’t wait! Let’s get back to UA so you can get to sleep so that you can wake up early and train with us! It’s gonna be so much fun!”

 

She then looked down at him and laughed. “Remember to close your eyes and mouth, Midoriya! Don’t want you eating any bugs! Onward we go, Homeward bound! Oh right, where do you live?”

 

Izuku ignored the deja vu he felt, shutting his eyes and mouth, cutting off his screams as Nejire pulled him through the sky incredibly quickly, chatting to him the whole way there, Izuku responding when he could. They were back at UA within 30 minutes.

 

Izuku let out a grunt as Nejire plopped him down on the front steps of his apartment building, and then landed next to him, helping him to his feet. “Alright! Now go to sleep really early ok? I want you up bright and early so we can train together!”

 

She then rushed forward and crushed him in a hug, squeezing him into her chest and whipping back and forth. “Now don’t go doing something like that ever again OK? You’re super-duper interesting! Can’t have you getting all murdered by a villain now can I?”

 

Inko, of course, chose that exact moment to open the door, shutting it quickly and laughing as she left her son to be crushed in Nejire’s embrace. Eventually, Izuku was able to escape from the hug, and take a deep breath. Suffocating between tidd was not happening this night.

 

Nejire than blasted off, leaving a small burn mark on the concrete out the front of Izuku’s apartment building, her light blue hair flying off into the distance at record speeds.

 

Izuku just waved, before turning around and entering his apartment robotically, still a little overwhelmed by the hug, and stain, and Iida, and just… everything. He stayed like that for most of the night, but eventually fell asleep.

 

He dreamt of blue fairies and incredibly comfortable pillows.

 


 

“Yuyu! I did the boob hug thing!”

 

Yuyu held the phone away from her ear as Nejire yelled that out. “That's great, do you think he got the message? He seems like a shy one to me.”

 

A huff came through the phone. “That's the thing Yuyu! I don’t know! I basically told him I didn’t want him to go away any time soon, squeezed him into my boobs, and invited him to train with me and the boys! And I still can’t tell if he’s getting the hint!”

 

Yuyu sighed. “Well, just keep trying then, I guess? Guys are notorious for being oblivious to hints and shit like that. Just keep it up and I’m sure he’ll get it eventually.”

 

“Gah, why does it have to be so difficult?”

 

“Hey, if it doesn’t work, you can always just become a lesbian with me.”

 

“Yuyu!”

 

"I'm not hearing a no."

 

-Caller disconnected-

 

“I still didn’t hear a no.”

 


 

Nejire became a much bigger part of his life after that.

 

It started with him seeing her every morning at their training, alongside her two friends, Mirio Togata and Tamaki Amajiki. Mirio has practically leapt at the chance to have another training partner, while Tamaki was a bit more closed off.

 

The training was absolutely brutal, but after a few weeks, and a rescue race held by All Might in between, Izuku could almost feel the improvement that training with the ‘big three’ had made.

 

And then there was the other change that happened over the weeks. Nejire showed up more and more, sometimes at his house, chilling in his lounge room with him, sometimes she would drag him out of the house to the mall, sometimes she would keep him late after school to spar.

 

Hugs became a common occurrence, sometimes she would even take advantage of his strength and have him piggy-back her around, hanging off of him like a koala. That happened quite often, actually. Made it hard to think when her boobs were pushed into his back like that.

 

Izuku had a sneaking suspicion that she was trying to accomplish something, but he couldn’t figure out what it was for the life of him. Or at least, he couldn’t figure it out until the dorms came into existence.

 

To be more specific, the first time that Nejire came to visit him in the dorms.

 


 

It had been a hard couple of weeks.

 

First, he had to fight a powerful villain on I-Island with All Might to save the entire facility, then the training camp they went to had been attacked by villains, then All Might had fought All for One and used up the last of his Quirk, and then he had moved into the dorms that had been created for all UA students.

 

It was the first Sunday that they had been in the dorms, and Izuku found himself sitting in the common room, writing away in a new notebook while watching a report on a new hero to debut.

 

He heard the soft buzzing of Nejire’s Quirk in the edge of his hearing, a skill he had picked up over the month and a half he had known her for, and unconsciously perked up, a smile forming on his face.

 

“Izuuuukuuu!”

 

Izuku stood up and braced himself, staying upright as Nejire slammed into his back, her arms wrapping around his shoulders as she pressed her chest into his back again. “Hey there Izuku! Aren’t these dorms just awesome?”

 

Izuku chuckled, nodding, walking over to the kitchen. “They really are. They even have a gym down here, and the roof is reinforced so we can train up there! How about yours? Anything different?”

 

Nejire shook her head, squeezing him a bit more. “Not really! Although one of my classmates kinda already blew up our kitchen trying to make pancakes! Anything gone wrong here?”

 

Izuku hummed. “I mean, we had to get Todoroki to stop trying to make toast with his Quirk, and Kaminari fried the TV the other day, and Iida stubbed his toe the other day and accidentally kicked the front door off its hinges…”

 

Nejire pouted. “That sounds like so much fun to witness! Maybe I should just come live here with you so I can see all this cool stuff? Wouldn’t that be cool?”

 

Izuku nodded. “Yea! That’d be cool! I doubt Mr Aizawa would let you thoug-”

 

“Wait, when the fuck did Midoriya get a girlfriend?”

 

Izuku let out an embarrassed ‘eep’ and covered his blushing face as Kaminari entered the room, a few other classmates entering the room behind him, seeing him standing in the kitchen with Nejire stuck to his back like a baby koala.

 

Nejire just laughed, leaning her head to the side. “Finally! Someone gets what I’m trying to do! Izuku here hasn’t picked up on it yet! And I’ve been doing this for a month and a half!”

 

Izuku froze. Did she just… was he really that dense? His brain went into hyperdrive, going over all of the memories he had of Nejire now that he had this new information. 

 

Holy shit he was dense on an ‘anime protagonist’ level.

 

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Mina starting to laugh. “Wow, you’re legit pushing your boobs into him. Midori, dude, how have you not gotten the hint yet?”

 

Izuku just opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish, trying to form words, when suddenly he felt Nejire kiss his forehead as she leaned over him, smiling brightly. “Don’t worry. Now that you do know, we can make up for lost time!”

 

She then activated her Quirk, picking Izuku up and flying away, hugging him tightly. Izuku yelped. “Wait! I haven’t said yes yet!”

 

Nejire laughed. “But we both know you will! So let’s just skip the awkward confession and go on our 10th date already!”

 

Izuku’s eyes widened. “10th date? What?!”

 

Nejire kissed his forehead again, laughing softly, looking like an angel as she carried him through the air, the sun behind her head. “Yea! You didn’;t think all those times we went to the mall together, or had lunch together, or saw that movie together… you know those were dates, right?”

 

Izuku just shut down again, a blush on his face. Wow, he was an idiot. Nejire had been dropping hints that she liked him for this long, and it took someone for him to even realise it.

 

As Nejire arrived at their destination (an arcade), Izuku smiled, making himself a promise. He wouldn’t be dumb anymore. Now that he knew that Nejire liked him (and was like, his pseudo-girlfriend at this point), he would do his hardest to make her happy.

 

Nejire smiled back at him and dragged him along at full speed towards a dancing game, laughing and chatting the whole way there. Izuku nodded to himself, smiling like an idiot. 

 

He would make her as happy as she made him.

 

For as long as he could.

0