Prologue
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rose on the horizon slowly lighting the world and announcing the start of a beautiful day. The rays of sunlight crept slowly into a dimly lit room. There, on a bed, slept a boy.

His face was breathtakingly beautiful with pale white skin, thin lips and charming eyes. It was no exaggeration to say he had the looks that anyone dreamed of even though he was still a kid who didn't fully mature. His name was Ryn Crestfall, a 10-year-old boy that lived in a village southeast of the Ziortia empire. A calm and beautiful village situated near a forest that gave it its natural beauty.

Ryan slowly opened his eyes as the sunlight touched his handsome face waking him up from deep slumber.  his eyelids separated and revealed two beautiful but unusual purple eyes that slowly started adjusting to the light. Ryn didn't move as he slowly moved his eyes analyzing the room. His room was rather big, with simple decorations: a bed, a table with a chair and wardrobe just beside it. Just a simple room with a warm feeling to it. 

As Ryn was looking around with drowsy eyes, the door was knocked and opened slowly. Behind the door appeared the silhouette of a woman. She was a beautiful woman in her 30s that resembled Ryn, she gave off a mature feeling that added to her beauty. "Honey, it's already morning wake up." Her voice was soothing and serene but full of affection. She's his mother Claire Crestfall. Looking at her face, Ryn smiled and left his bed slowly approaching his mother. "Good morning, mom." He said with a kiss on her cheek. The women accepted this act of affection warmly and smiled at her son. "go wash up and come down to eat breakfast, we're waiting for you."

"Ok, I will be there in a minute." He left the room and walked straight to the bathroom. His house was big and spacious so he had to pass two corridors to reach the bathroom. If you want to describe it in one word it will be: lovely. He cleaned himself with a quick shower and checked his looks in the mirror. He didn't mind his beautiful features as he grew accustomed to them. He then proceeded to the kitchen down on the first floor to eat breakfast. In the kitchen sat his parents. His mother Claire was talking with her husband waiting for Ryn to start eating together. 

His father is Luis Crestfall. Luis was a muscular man with a big frame, he gave a dignified aura befitting his calm and serious features. The only resemblance between them was the dark black hair that was rare in that region. "Good morning dad," said Ryn cheerfully. Seeing his son smiling he smiled slightly and greeted him back "good morning Ryn, slept well?"

"Yes, I'm feeling refreshed and full of energy." 

"Good, you better be ready for today's training, I won't go easy on you." His father was a master at using the sword and it's the main reason for his well-trained body. "He's still a child you should be careful with him." Said Claire seemingly worried about her son. "Don't worry Claire. Ryn isn't a child anymore and he should experience hardships to become a powerful man." 

"He's 10-years old training with the sword at this age is quite dangerous." Seeing his parents arguing about him Ryn decided to give his opinion " don't worry mom, I'm not doing anything careless and I can already use the sword without a problem." Said Ryn with a smile tapping on his mother's shoulder gently. His adorable face was lethal and his mother couldn't argue anymore and continued eating her food. 

The small family continued to eat while chatting happily and joking with the angry Claire. This scene repeated itself every day in the Crestfall family as they rarely argue, the couple were deeply in love with each other and of course, they loved their only child quite a lot.

"Thanks for the food as always my lovely wife. I'm going to the town to get something. I will be back in 15 minutes. Ryn you go and get ready to start training." He kissed his wife and got out of the house. Knowing that he didn't have much time, he wolfed down his food and went back to his room to change into his training clothes. 

After 15 minutes, his father returned home and called for his son. Ryn picked his wooden sword and went out with his father. They walked down the main road of the town. The village was bustling with movement: the shouting of merchants and the voices of peoples talking here and there, "hey Luis are you going out with your son again?" shouted a merchant from the other side of the road. Luis was the village chief and the most respected man in the town, getting greeted by everyone was usual for Luis. He took care of the people and worked hard for the sake Of his family and his people gaining the respect of everyone. But the centre of attention wasn't the bulky man but the little boy, every one was looking at Run and smiling  especially the woman of the town. "Ah! He looks so cute I want to hug him" "Yeah Yeah isn't he so adorable." Such conversations were occurring around the pair. Ryn didn't hate it but he also didn't seem to care about it either. 

After a few minutes, of walking, they reached the town gate. Two guards were standing on each side of  the gatekeeping an eye for any threat nearing the village." good morning chief, are you going out to the forest again?" Said one of the guards who goes by the name of Rodolf. "I'm training my kid a little bit in the forest." After talking with the guards briefly they got out.

The red emerald forest as they call it is a huge forest covering nearly half of the region and was the home to countless species of animals and monsters. As for why it was named like that? No one knows the full reason, but they say that deep into it exactly in the core exists a beautiful red emerald that has an astronomical amount of magic power and it's the reason for the existence of the monsters in there.

Luis walked in the front followed by Ryn who was moving his eyes around for any signs of dangerous ambushes. His father told him to always keep an eye on your surroundings "Ok, this place is perfect. Let's start." He said choosing a place and then added." As I told you before. A sword is not just a tool, a sword is the 3rd limb for a swordsman, something that he can control like his hands. To become strong you need to feel your weapon and communicate with it. That's why you always need to make the sword your pal or Conrad not your weapon. Try to channel your magic slowly into the blade." He threw an iron sword to Ryn and instructed him calmly. As he heard his fathers instructions he closed his eyes and focused on channelling his magic power slowly into the blade. A few seconds later, a transparent aura appeared around the sword, the aura was barely visible to the naked eye. 

"Good, now I want you to keep chanelling your magic power while slashing and thrusting repeatedly." And with that Ryn kept following his father's instructions with perfect execution. 'What a monstrous potential. His magic control and quality are outstanding and his sword skills are rapidly growing even though his body is still developing. I can't wait to see his growth.' Thought luis watching his son with a look of pride.

4 hours later, Ryn was sitting under a tree catching his breath after training hard for 4 continuous hours. 'we should go home soon for lunch' he thought. After regaining his strength. They took the way back home chatting about Ryn's flows and the way to improve his skills. As they neared the village they saw a big cloud of smoke rising from what seemed the inside of the village. 

Luis was the first to react as he felt that something was wrong. He picked his son and started running to the village boosting his speed with magic, he crossed 600 meters in a few seconds. 

But for some reason he abruptly stopped. Run was still surprised from his father's actions. He looked at his father who had a shocked face, a genuinely shocked face. Knowing Luis for so much time, Ryn knew how composed he was and getting such a reaction from him was no easy fit. Then he followed his father's gaze. It was the most gruesome thing he ever seen.

In front of him layed what was the corpses of the two guards or at least what was left of the two corpses. They were both decapitated and their head were thrown beside the body. While there guts where sticking to the walls of the village. The blood was everywhere and the smell was heart wrenchingly disgusting to the point where Ryn straight away puked what he eaten that morning.

Luis recovered from the shock but he was way too late to cover his son's eyes from this cruel view. ,"What the fuck is going? Who did this?" He muttered to himself. Then he started looking around scanning the area with his magic. Nothing was there except for the corpses and the blood of the two guards.

But what was even more scarier was that the village gates were wide open and someone or something barged into there hometown.

_________________________________________

Hey, so this the prologue of my torie that I hope will be to your liking. Anyway, hope you guys can heart this prologue and write a comment. Thank you. Hopefully tomorrow will be the first chapter.

 

0