(2) I Was Rude to the Wrong God
63 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Ah what?'

Blinking repeatedly, Julius questioned what he was seeing.

⌈ REINCARNATION ACCEPTED ⌉

⌊ WELCOME TO TURELSIA, JULIUS DORVIIR ⌋

'Reincarnation? Turelsia? Dorviir? What the hell is going on? How-how did I get here?'

Suddenly, as if a keyword was spoken, Julius remembered the events that transpired moments ago. He remembered running down the stairs. He remembers the women he "dodged". He remembers the feeling of his bones shattering and protruding out of his arms and legs.

Shivering, Julius decided it was better not to dwell on the past. Now that he knows how he got here, he decided to analyze the situation. 

'Hmm, there's nothing out of the ordinary, well, actually there's just literally nothing.'

Around him was darkness. No colors could be determined. As he assumed- being dead and all- he appeared to be a floating...something. Maybe a spirit?

'Okay, surroundings checked.' 

Now focusing on the only other thing near him, the message, Julius began to slowly read it over once again.

'"Reincarnation Accepted" it says. So I'll be reincarnated. But I wonder why I've been 'accepted' as it says. 

Continuing to read, 'So Turelsia huh, what a generic ass name. Lemme guess, it'll be a typical fantasy world, with monsters and magic.'

Julius chuckled despite the circumstances, there were limits to how much he could rationalize what's happening.

'And lastly, the most confusing part. My last name was most definitely not Dorviir, last I checked.'

This is true. Originally his last name was Smith, the name the orphanage gave him.

Then, as if it cared not for Julius' analyzation, a voice came.

"Ah, I see you've awakened."

Looking around, Julius could not find the source of this voice. The direction which it came was near incomprehensible.

"Don't bother looking for me. Your not at a level to do so yet."

'Level? And hey, that was pretty rude.' Julius thought to himself.

"Rude? Ah, I suppose I was being a bit rude. Here, let me apologize."

Suddenly a searing hot pain erupted from within Julius. If he had a body he would have collapsed on the floor and shook as though he was having a seizure.

"There you go. That'll teach you to be more respectful in the future."

"Ah shit! What-what the hell did you do?!" Julius spoke while gasping for breath.

"Nothing much, just marked your soul." The seemingly omnipresent voice spoke.

"I-I don't understand." Julius said, in utter confusion.

'Marked my soul? What does that mean?' He thought to himself, making sure he didn't come off as disrespectful, since this Being could apparently read minds.

"Look for yourself. Simply wish to see your status."

Recoiling at the mentioning of a status, Julius hurriedly did as the Being asked.

'Umm, ah..."Status"?'

Name Julius Dorviir
Level 1
Class None
Subclass None
Vitality 1
Intelligence 1
Endurance 1
Strength 1
Dexterity 4
Faith 1
Luck -4
Titles Description
'Chosen'

You have been chosen by the Forsaken God, Dorviir.

???

*Note, this is Hidden.

'The Unfortunate One'

Having bad luck is quite unlucky.

 -5 points to Luck

'Living Dangerously'

Really? Running down stairs?

+20% boost to experience gained in dangerous situations

'Evasive Maneuvers'

You dodged someone while running down the stairs. Nice.

+3 points to Dexterity

'Learn Some Manners'

You were rude to Geradeus. Thus he's cursed you.

All followers of Geradeus dislike you.

Skills

Description

What it Means to be Alive I

+15% boost to experience in dangerous situations.

Passive

Coolheaded I

You remain calm in most situations

Passive

To Be Beaten I

All physical damage taken is reduced by 30%.

Passive

Unremarkable I

You stand out less, whether it be in a crowd or in a shadow.

Passive

Blessing of Dorviir I

Mediocre resistance to all magicks.

40% boost to experience when ???

Your presence is fainter at night.

Passive

*Note, this is Hidden.

 

 

 

 

'Wow. That's a lot to take in.' Julius thought to himself as he skimmed through the extremely long window.

"Just so you know for future reference. You can shorten what appears by specifying what you want to see. Such as wishing for Stats to see your class, Titles to see your acquired titles, and Skills to see your skills. Pretty self-explanatory."

"Really? Uh, thanks for the heads up." 

"As you have probably figured out already, my name is Geradeus. I'm the God that focuses on Reincarnation, the Afterlife, and the Status you just saw. I oversee many other things, but these are my priorities."

"Ahh, Sir Geradeus...why don't I have a class?"

"I see you've learned some manners. You do not have a class since that is something that occurs in one of four ways."

The God continued his explanation, "The first is naturally. The 'Farming' or 'Chef' classes are some such examples, since as long as you do the activities pertaining to the class, it will eventually be granted. However, only common classes occur like this, a 'Knight' class for example, cannot receive a class for what they practice. The best they would receive would be 'Squire', which is rare to earn even after several years of training."

"The second way to obtain a class is through blessings from beings like myself. 'Clerics' or 'Priests' can often receive specified classes pertaining to the God or Goddess they serve. Mages also can fall into this category."

"The third, and most common, is through Class Tomes. These can be forged by an extremely high level mage, or dropped by monsters. Any monster could drop a tome, but the chances of say, a Goblin, dropping one is as likely as Turelsia being wiped out by a meteor."

'The last way is gaining a class through heredity. Some classes have a chance of being passed down among generations, a 'Knight' class, for example, can be passed down through these means. However, it is more uncommon than it is common."

As the God finished his explanation, Julius nodded his head as he attempted to absorb all of this newfound information.

"Furthermore, regarding your class and subclass, although you cannot do it now, since you have neither, these can be switched by will. The only change this makes is regarding the amount of experience the class receive. Main classes receive 70% of the experience, while subclasses receive the other 30%."

"Wait. Why do classes need experience?" Julius asked bewildered.

"Classes have levels, once maxed they have a chance to 'evolve' so to speak." The being said bluntly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the universe.

"The last thing I will inform you about is your level. Every level up gives you +3 points to spend on your Stats. That is all."

A few minutes passed as Julius attempted to take everything in.

"Why, why are you telling me all of this?" Julius asked.

"What? I tell this to everyone who's been reincarnated."

Julius stood there dumbfounded for a moment.

"Wait wait wait. There's more people from Earth on Turelsia?!"

"What? Of course. Did you think you were special?"

'That's a good point...'

"Anything else you want to know?"

"Yes, how do-" Julius began to ask before he was cut off.

"Too bad, leave me at once."

Suddenly, Julius felt as though he was being transported through space itself. 

♣     ♣     ♣

1