21. Dolly in Hyderabad
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Hello, everyone!

I hope you're enjoying the story so far. While I realize it may feel like a one-sided conversation at times, I'm eager to hear your thoughts and feedback. Your engagement means the world to me.

I'm contemplating expanding my storytelling by creating short stories for my blog and YouTube channel. This would be an exciting new venture, and your input would be invaluable in guiding this journey.

Please let me know your preference by participating in the poll below:

  • Yes, I'd love to see short stories on your blog and YouTube channel!
  • I prefer the stories to remain in their current format.

Your support and interest inspire me to explore new creative avenues. Thank you for being a part of this storytelling adventure!

Now the story will be from Dolly POV

Waking up next to Ashwin, who had transitioned from a formal 'Sir' to someone akin to a husband, imbued the morning with a surreal air. My belongings were still mostly packed, in stark contrast to the flurry of activity around me. Ashwin and Sharad's family moved with purposeful haste, their actions underscored by the urgency of our impending journey to Hyderabad. Amidst the bustling preparations, a wave of confusion mingled with my excitement.

Soon enough, we found ourselves at Sambhaji Nagar airport, immersing ourselves in the familiar routines of check-in and security. The thrill of my maiden flight stirred a mix of excitement and wonder, much like scenes from movies and TV shows. With a touch of humour, I mused about the bustling departure, half-joking that without it, I might suspect a grand escape plot with my belongings in tow.

Seated on the aeroplane, my curiosity prevailed, prompting me to tap Ashwin's shoulder with a barrage of questions about the airport's happenings. Expecting perhaps a chuckle or a dismissive gesture, I was instead met with warmth and patience. Ashwin, along with the others, graciously indulged my queries, their kind explanations transforming my nervousness into a feeling of inclusion. Their patient responses filled me with a comforting sense of belonging, heightening my anticipation for the adventures that lay ahead in Hyderabad.

Upon landing, Anjali Bhabhi led me to the restroom, sparking my curiosity further. She produced a beautifully wrapped package from her bag, offering it with a reassuring smile. "Dolly, I thought you might like to wear this at home today. I hope it pleases you. And, if I may be a tad nosy, how was your first night?" Her glance, teetering between inquisitive and gossipy, brought a flush of embarrassment to my cheeks.

With my gaze cast downward, I barely whispered, "We... we opted to pace ourselves. Ashwin favoured a gentle approach." Anjali Bhabhi's soothing response, laced with understanding and a hint of encouragement, resonated, "That's so like Ashwin Bhai—always considerate. But remember, Dolly, it's perfectly alright for you to initiate when you're ready, just go with what feels right. I don't intend to intrude." Keen to change the subject, I smiled appreciatively, "Your empathy means a lot, Bhabhi. Shall we join the others?" As I placed the gift in my bag, the thought of indulging in authentic Hyderabadi Biryani momentarily lifted the veil of embarrassment, igniting a pang of hunger.

Clutching Ashwin's wrist more firmly, I ventured, "Could we perhaps have lunch soon, if your schedule allows?" Ashwin's apologetic tone conveyed his regret, "I'm sorry if you're feeling peckish. How about some snacks for now, and then a proper meal during our meeting?" Sharad chimed in, "Actually, Dolly, we've arranged a working lunch with the client, anticipating the lunch hour. Rest assured, we've planned to order something delightful for you." Pleased with their thoughtful arrangement, I expressed my gratitude, "That sounds perfect, thank you."

Sharad, with a playful nudge, then suggested, "Feel free to call me Bhaiya or simply Sharad. It might be time to drop the formal 'Sir' for Ashwin—after all, he's your husband now. 'Bhaiya' might not quite fit, but how about 'Sona Babu'?" Ashwin's immediate reaction, a playful shove to Sharad's shoulder followed by an amused eye roll, settled the matter. "Let's stick with 'Ashu,' as everyone else does," Sharad, now affectionately termed 'Bhai,' amiably conceded. "Alright, Sharad Bhai, and Ashu it is," I agreed, noting Ashwin's bashful grin. It struck me then just how handsome he was, his tall, dark, and compelling presence belying his 35 years, giving him the aura of someone in their late twenties. Caught in a brief daydream, I reminded myself, 'He's your husband, after all. A bit of admiration is only natural, isn't it?'

 

Glossary:

  • Babu: Traditionally, "Babu" is an affectionate term used in many parts of India, often addressing a child or a younger person. It conveys warmth and care, akin to 'dear' or 'darling' in English.
  • Sona: Meaning 'gold' in Hindi, "Sona" is used endearingly to refer to someone precious. Like "Babu," it's often used for children but has found its way into the affectionate vernacular among couples, symbolising someone valuable and cherished.

Both "Babu" and "Sona" have evolved from terms primarily used for children to nicknames that couples might use for each other, reflecting intimacy and fondness.

Poll

I am going to write short stories on fanfiction which shows you like I will write on them. I will write few names which I have watched little bit. I am opened for other shows also comment the name below on which you want ?

Shaurya aur anokhi ki khani

Madhubala ek ishq ek junoon

Rabb Se Hai Dua

Yeh Hai Chahatein Season 1

Bhagya Lakshmi

0