Ch 2: A strange world
850 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As our father had taken us out of the burrow we see a completely different sight than what we had grown accustomed to.

Flowers blooming, the river and many birds flying around, it was enchanting how beautiful it was, completely different from just seeing it from the entrance.

Wow did the outside ever look so beautiful before? 

I wonder what they think about the outside.

I turn towards them and I see that my siblings are very excited by the new location as their tails are wagging about wildly with their eyes glimmering.

Our father gives a quick bark to inform us to follow him quickly, we follow him until he leads us to a stop.

He sniffs the air then turns to another direction.

Oh he must have found his prey.

We follow him until he gives a bark to tell us to stop, we had also hidden ourselves in a location that allows us to be able to watch him.

I look towards his prey and I see that it is a deer with 4 horns a pair raised high like a deer and the other pair hanging on the side of its head.

That looks like it will hurt like hell if you get charged by one, but what a mysterious place with creatures so different from the ones on earth.

But how will father hunt this giant deer?

I look towards father I see him sneaking up on the deer, then I see his body glow, he charges towards the deer with surprising speed and lunges at its neck, the deer did not expect the attack so it is thrashing about, but then father twists the deer's neck to its side breaking it

Me and my siblings were staring in awe, with them being incredibly excited by father's strength, wagging their tails as though to start a whirlwind.

How is he so strong?! The deer was way larger than him yet he killed it with ease.

I look towards the deer then I see something weird, something was coming out of the deer, it looked like white mist, and it was leaving through the deer's chest.

The mysterious mist started flowing into father, all of us looked incredibly scared, thinking that it was going to do something bad to father.

But he just absorbed it and picked up the whole deer with ease, the glowing from his body still hasn't subsided yet.

While my siblings were thankful nothing bad had happened to him I was still confused.

What was that white mist? Why did father glow? How on earth did he kill that deer so easily?

With my head filled with many questions that were removed only by the sound of my father's bark that felt like it told me to hurry up.

As I returned back home we had a feast with the deer like thing, then went to sleep in the night.

I had dreamt of my parents in the previous world, of a pleasant memory, celebrating my 11th birthday, I see my old father cooking burgers on a grill happily chatting away with my friends' parents, while I was playing with my friends, my mother had brought out the cake with icing on it that has the words Happy Birthday Felix, she tells me to make a wish before blowing out the candles, I had wished that we could have days like this birthday forever and blew out the candles, everyone cheers then my friends tease me for not wishing for a video game or something.

I awake with my heart feeling very painful, with a very sad feeling, I don't remember the dream but my heart surely remembers it.

As I look around after waking I see something different, father's appearance had changed, he looked like a normal red fox but now his fur had changed color into white with reddish gold tips on the ends of his limbs and ears.

Why did father change appearance? But that smell is unmistakably his, did that thing he absorb change him?

My siblings rush towards him while happily barking and yelping at him, mother gives him a nod of approval and looks to him with a happy look.

Father quickly returns it with rubbing his nose against hers in an affectionate manner, afterwards father gathers us once again to go on a hunt.


21