Ch 15: The goblin settlement raid.
375 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were circling around the walls to get as much information as possible about this location, after circling around it we can see that the walls cover all of the settlement, there were 4 watchtowers around the settlement, and there was a mediumly sized gate with two evolved goblin guards.

The numbers of the goblins was completely unknown to us, but thankfully there were tall trees around us, so after some debate, we had decided to climb one of the trees to get a better vision of how many goblins are in there.

"Hey sister remain on the ground and I'll climb up by myself."

"Okay, be careful big brother."

I jump up on branches and climb with my claws, eventually I reach the top of the tree, from the top I can see the goblin settlement more clearly, there were around a dozen huts in there all of them being made of wood and leaves that made them very susceptible to fire, doing a head count of the goblins that are there I can see that there are at least 13 goblins with 5 of them being evolved including the guards.

It was safe to assume that there were more of them either out hunting or in the hunts, so to be safe I will assume that there is probably like 20-30 goblins, one of the evolved goblins looked stronger than the rest, it also looked to be the leader of them as it was shouting something at the goblins, it had an iron war hammer and was wearing more refined leather gear, its gear was probably stolen, the other goblins though were fitted in more common goblin gear, basically just clubs and leather gear.

Everything in the village was pretty flammable and water sources were pretty far away, but the settlement had some buckets filled with water, likely from the pond which was near, I had begun to formulate a plan, I get down from the tree and unite with sister.

"What did you see brother?"

"The settlement probably has around 20-30 goblins, at least 5 of them are evolved and 1 of them is a leader that has human equipment."

"Human equipment?! This is starting to seem awfully dangerous, how can we possibly win?"

"Winning is impossible if we resort to usual means, but almost everything in the settlement is flammable and they don't know about us yet."

"So we will be striking in the night?"

"Yes, our plan is to strike at night and burn the wooden structures with my fire techniques."

"Alright big brother, let's prepare!"

We retreat from the village to wait for night to come, the sun was still at the mid point so we had a lot of time, we decide to train and practice our plan, in our training we had tried to spare with each other like always but I far outclassed my sister that we weren't able to train that way, so I had resorted to practicing my techniques while she was running around and practicing combat on a log, I started trying to use fire techniques, I imagined a small fireball as practice to not waste a lot of energy by doing that it instantly appears, it was pretty small the size of an apple or so, I then fire it towards a rock when it hits the rock it explodes, the rock was slightly destroyed and charred black by the fireball, now I try to make a bigger one around the size of a basketball it takes a bit more time to be made and the energy cost was higher, I fire this larger fireball at a rock that was bigger than me, when the fireball strikes the rock it explodes more violently and swallows the whole rock, the rock was destroyed and the ground under it was starting to catch fire, I kick some dirt on it to prevent a forest fire and then I relax.

Man that could've gone terribly, I really should be more careful with fire.

My sister was pretty surprised by the fireball.

"Don't use big attacks like that big brother!"

"O-Okay, just calm down."

Before she starts training I tell her that we should dig a hole that we can use as both training and to get somewhere we can rest, we both start digging and eventually we had a place where we could rest.

The night came, we get up and exit the hole the sky was cloudy which made it darker than usual, I could still see properly even in the night thanks to night vision, and we had started going to the settlement.

When we reach there we sneak around to a good vantage point, we get to a tree and this time both of us climb up, I prepare 3 medium sized fireballs then I fire them at vulnerable locations in the goblin settlement.

One was fired at the wall, to burn it up, another at the huts to kill some of them, and the final one at the buckets to remove at least a little of their water.

When the first strikes the wall it explodes and starts to catch fire, the goblins were alarmed now and blew a horn to awake the others, before they could awaken though, the second hit their huts, goblins were screaming loudly as they were burning, but a good amount of them had escaped, the leader and some of the evolved goblins were hurt and the huts were catching fire, the goblin leader shouts to the goblins to use the water buckets and put out the fire, then the third one had hit and took out around half their water, the goblins were confused at this attack and the goblins at the watchtowers had already got down due to fear of burning up with the wall.

I was surprised at the effectiveness of the surprise attack, I was slightly drained of energy due to the attack but it doesn't matter as I might actually win this battle without fighting.

The instant I think this essence starts floating from the charred goblins in the huts towards me, I had absorbed it but the goblins noticed where the essence was flying off to, my position has been compromised!

We get down from the tree to change locations, the goblins looked filled with rage and I caught sight of the leader smashing the burning wall with his hammer and going towards where we were with his goblins.

This is bad, we can't face those numbers directly, we'll have to fight with any means if we wanna win this!

11