Ch 28: Humans camp.
290 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were there staring at the camp that was placed there, the humans in the camp looked cheerful but tired, they were talking with each other with some of them occasionally laughing, they also had some dried meat that was being stored, my eyes were glued to the camp, it looked pretty fun there, I really wish I was still human now more than ever, I have this humanization technique but it's absolutely useless currently, wait couldn't I use telepathy to communicate with them?

As I was thinking of these ideas Nozomi decided leave the humans alone and go somewhere else, she nudges me over and over to tell me that we should go.

"Wait, they have food there too though."

"It doesn't matter, getting food from them has too much risk."

"Ugh, fine, I guess you're right, but I have an idea to sneak in undetected."

"Why do you want to interact with these humans so much Rai? They brought to us nothing but suffering and agony."

"I... uh I don't know why, but I really want to, come on you don't have to come with me."

"Fine, what's your plan?"

"Well I'll use light techniques to bend light around me and then... Boom!"

By bending light around me, I turn my body invisible... problem is that now I literally can't see.

"Wow Rai! Where did you vanish?"

"I'm in front of you."

I reappear in front of her, invisibility was kind of a disappointment, I needed a way to see, but for them not to see me, also one that wasn't super costly as invisibility was pretty costly and I can hold it for maybe an hour.

"Alright Rai, I suppose you can't be seen with that technique, so you can go."

"Yeah, about that, when I use this technique, I lose all my sight."

"Well then, forget it, let's leave quickly."

"Wait, maybe can we wait and see what they do."

My sister sighs and says "You with your human addiction." Well that really is pretty rude, we lie down and wait and see, the humans had there weapons lying down next to them and some were talking with exaggerated movements using there hands to gesture stuff like fighting with a sword and moving them in an explaining manner. There were 4 people, 3 men and 1 woman, all of them were well built for combat and wore leather armor, their weapons looked to be made from iron and of pretty good quality, but I wouldn't really know.

Overall this squad looked to be a newbieish squad, not really new but also not really experienced, suddenly a fierce looking red hawk comes down and lands on one of the mens' shoulder, he greets it and gives it something to eat, he tells the people around him something and they look relieved, the three of them go to sleep and the only one remaining awake was the one with the hawk.

Now would be a good opportunity to steal some of their food, but y'know one of them is still awake, maybe I'll just give up on it.

Last time I communicated with a human was a long time ago, and last time I saw him he had killed my family. 

But this time maybe we can communicate with each other?

I decide to move towards them, my sister notices and immediately jumps on me, she tries to hold me down.

"Are you insane Rai?! You're going towards the humans!"

"Fine, fine, I'm sorry I won't do it anymore."

"Good. Now let's leave since they went to sleep and you got to watch them."

Yikes, since when was she so bossy? Anyways I guess we gotta listen to her for now, we get up and we continue on going down the road.

Man I really wish I could've talked with them, after all I still miss other human beings, and they seemed like a nice bunch, heh it kinda reminds me of my parents in the previous world. I really do miss them, I wonder what is going on with them nowadays?

We continue on walking down the road, we were now looking for something to eat or somewhere to go, we were truly lost in this world, as we continue on walking we see the most confusing sight ever.

There was a great big mountain close to us over the plains, but what was truly marvelling about it, is that the mountain had a giant cut through it, there was absolutely no way this was natural, but I truly do hope that this wasn't done by a living being.

"Wow Rai would you look at that, that place is cut in two!"

"Y-yeah, I really hope that whoever did that isn't here or something."

We continue on walking and I try to ignore these thoughts, but whenever I try to think about something all I manage to think about is how I really want to talk to some humans and how much I regret not talking with that man, we continue on walking down the road until the sun rises.

*POV Alexander*

"Come on wake up princess!" Says Aaron loudly in my ear to wake me up.

I wake up to him laughing at me after he wakes me up in this way again, I shake my head and say "haha, very funny, now could you stop waking me up that way."

"Then you actually start waking up on time, but the reason why we're waking you up like this is something serious."

His voice takes a serious tone, he might be someone that screws around a lot but when he is serious it's usually something important.

"Today when we were preparing to go on the road back to the town, we found some fox trails they looked slightly fresh so they appeared yesterday, but what is most important here is that One of the fox trails had 2 tails trailing behind it."

My shock appeared on my eyes, a two tailed fox meant that it was a spirivulpes, and a young one at that, if you could capture one, tamers would pay their own weight in gold and nobles even more.

"But how will we capture it? Those creatures are fairly intelligent and these tracks must've appeared overnight, so they must be pretty far right now."

"Well we will follow these tracks as far as they go, once the tracks stop we'll tell Cedric to tell his fire hawk to see from above to find wherever they may be."

At that moment Lea interrupts us.

"What if we get in combat with it stupid? A two tailed spirivulpes is a low tier C rank threat, we wouldn't be able to handle it by ourselves."

"Then easy, we just don't get in combat with it, a 2 tailed one means it's very young so we can manipulate it more easily since that is the reason why they're so valuable."

Cedric chimes in at that moment.

"Man I don't know, it makes me feel a little uncomfortable manipulating a living thing like that."

"Don't worry, I also don't really like it, but we're doing it a favor, the person that buys it will take care of it and we'll get enough money to get a lot of good equipment or even retire, this opportunity is a blessing from god."

We all eventually agree on this plan and so we pack up our stuff and follow the trail left by the foxes.

10