Ch 35: A spring full of monsters.
241 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We continued running through the forest after we met with that rabbit, as we ran the only thing we could see were trees and more trees, this scenery went uninterrupted for a while, until, we ended up in the spring.

The spring looked heavenly, its water was crystal clear with a shade of blue to it, although I didn't notice at first, there were living beings in the spring too, I saw huge fish of many colors and flying around the spring were little blue fairy looking creatures, it was truly an enchanting sight.

I got an urge to drink from that spring, even though I could drink by using a simple water technique it was nothing compared to this spring. I approach the spring, Nozomi had followed me towards the spring, we got closed and closer to the spring until we were nearly touching the water, we go to drink from the water when suddenly, we hear a shriek, the fairies that were around the spring were shrieking after we touched the water, then they had begun to change, they were no longer the small adorable fairies,  instead they grew in size and gained an extra pair of wings, arms and a lot more fangs, they were now snickering in a monstrous way, thinking that they had caught us in a trap. The fish in the water became a lot more disgusting-looking, with disturbing-looking eyes, dirty scales, and broken razor-looking teeth.

It looks like this spring was an illusion made by them to capture unsuspecting creatures, as could be seen by all the ground-up bones in the water.

We were now in a bad situation, the pixies had begun their attack by firing uncountable amounts of small ice shards towards us, the fish in the spring had jumped out at us to pull us in the water, I managed to react in time to be able to dodge the fish from grabbing me into the water and jumped into the air while pulling Nozomi up into the air with telekinesis, the ice shards, on the other hand, caught me while I was jumping and had bounced off my side, they weren't strong enough to do damage to me, the pixies recognized that an attack of that caliber wasn't gonna do anything on me, and so they split up into two bundles of groups, the first one was flying away from me and were trying to use water techniques and the other group was trying to circle us, they were glowing because of the body strengthening technique that they used, looking at the fish, even they had used body strengthening. We were still in the air thanks to me holding us up with telekinesis, I decided to move us away from the water to remove the fish from what we needed to worry about.

As I use telekinesis to pull us away from the water, the pixies attack us with their huge numbers, the melee group had swarmed us and we're attacking us with their sharp teeth, individually these pixies would be trivial to defeat, but with their attacks ramping up to the hundreds it started getting a bit more troublesome, Nozomi was getting injured slowly by their bites, kicks, and punches, I could handle a lot more of these attacks but eventually, she'd die from all these attacks, at that moment, she uses a wind technique to blast all of the pixies away from us, dozens of them die from the blast and she absorbs their essence. We fall into the water due to the pixies not holding us any longer, the pixies couldn't get us because they couldn't get close to the water, but the fish now tried to attack us. The fish gets close to us and starts to try and bite us, Nozomi cuts two of them apart with a light sword, and I shoot three of them with light arrows, some of the fish were killed and we absorb their essence, but the others manage to hold us with their teeth and they try to gnaw on us until we die. I communicate with Nozomi with telepathy and tell her.

Make a wind barrier around yourself, now!

She does as I say and then I carry out my plan, I use lightning affinity to build up as much electricity as I could, I ended up using a big chunk of my energy but I charged it up, alright now it's time to use it, full discharge!

I discharge all the electricity I created at once, frying all of the fish around me and shocking the ones around Nozomi, she then finishes them off with light beams to their heads, the ranged pixie group had finally finished charging up their attack, a huge glacial spear made of thousands of small ice shards, they had been charging up this attack ever since the melee group was attacking us, then they had launched it towards us at an incredible speed, I try to stop it with telekinesis, I manage to slow it down to a crawling halt but it was still getting closer to us, my energy was also draining quicker and quicker holding this down, I need Nozomi to intervene. Thankfully my prayers were answered and she had used a wind technique to push against the glacial spear, with our combined might, we manage to push the spear back towards the pixies where it pierces through their big group skewering it in half and killing dozens of them, the essence we got from it was practically split in half between us two.

The pixies had gotten very angry now, they no longer were snickering and smiling, the only thing left on their faces was anger, they lifted us from the water with telekinesis, and now completely focused on both holding us down and firing a water technique at us, I decided to take care of one of the groups and left the other for Nozomi, I used telekinesis to propel myself out of their hold and leapt towards them, I covered myself in lightning and attacked with all of my body parts, I flailed my claws cutting up the pixies into pieces, bit and crushed them with my mouth and hit them with my head and tails, the crackling lightning had struck them down until there were none of them remaining, I had then fallen to the ground, soaking wet and covered in the pixie innards, looking at the second group, I see that they were suffocating, there was a tight wind barrier around them and they couldn't breathe anymore, they were creating more air for them to breathe with an air technique but that was consuming too much energy from them, until they couldn't make anymore and had all suffocated to death, I see that my sister was the cause of their deaths as their essence flow to her, it turns out that she used all of her energy to make that barrier to trap those pixies, I pulled her back to land and we rest by the spring, we were both soaking wet and panting, my energy was around half or so but for my sister, it looks like her energy was at a third or so.

"Hey Rai, I think that I may be able to evolve now." She says to me after we rest a while by this spring.

"Really? That's fantastic, so that is what I was feeling from you."

Now that I think of it, I could feel something from the chest area of other creatures, I've never paid it much thought as I felt it ever since I was born, but that feeling must be their energy level, and judging by what I felt from her, her energy level is indeed similar to what I had when I evolved again.

When I was thinking of those things suddenly, I heard a giant roar coming out of the water of the spring, it sounded as if it was angry, we were not prepared for another fight, and from the energy that I'm trying to sense from it, it's energy was higher than ours!

6