Ch 38: Favor.
232 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nozomi had gotten up and was on alarm from Ethan, she was preparing to attack him. 

"No Nozomi! He's a friend." 

"What? How is he a friend exactly though? He might be using us!" 

Ethan was getting very alarmed, he didn't know what we were saying but he could certainly see that tensions were rising. 

"This rabbit here is called Ethan, and he was a human like me too, he also saved us after being blasted by that drake." 

"If he was a human that means that he could be planning to use us like the Redhawk squad." 

"Perhaps, but he did help us, and he doesn't seem very sketchy." 

"Alright, but I don't recommend trusting him completely. " 

"Of course I don't trust him 100%, but it's better to make more allies right." 

Luckily I managed to clear it up before anything happens, as I was thinking that, I hear Ethan talking to me with telepathy.

"So? What happened between you two?"

"She doesn't trust you completely"

"Haha, I guess I am a stranger right now, but alas did you tell her that I have a favor to ask?"

"Oh right. It completely slipped my mind, but anyways, why don't you tell me that favor so I can tell her the favor too."

"Well, what I want to ask from you two, is to help me leave this forest."

"Why exactly?"

"Well the place is filled with monsters obviously, but what is even worse, is that there is a wolf pack here that is a little hell bent on killing me, I only managed to survive by staying undercover, leaving only a few times in daytime for a little while and sticking close to the pixie lake, where they didn't get close to."

"Why are they so aggressive towards you?"

"Mostly due to me killing one of them, which is likely to be the son of their leader."

"Yikes, that is bad, you really are in a terrible situation."

"Yeah I know... but how about it? Not a very hard thing to ask right?"

"Well me and Nozomi were planning to leave this forest anyways."

"Nozomi? Is that her name? And is she a girl and was a human? Also can I come with you two?"

"Well she is my sister, she wasn't a human although I think my human side rubbed off on her, also although that your little wolf problem is worrying, I'll personally make sure that you can come with us"

"Ah ok. Also thanks for deciding to help me."

He looked very relieved, he really must've been in a terrible situation.

"Hey Nozomi, he wants to come with us and leave this forest."

"Really? Hm, having someone else with us in combat could either help us or be a hindrance, but as long as he doesn't cause us diversions while we travel then I don't really care, but are you sure that you want to bring someone else with us while we are going to free our parents from that human?"

"That's a good point, I didn't think of that..."

Yeah that was right, how could I drag someone else with us when we were going on a path of vengeance? I should ask him first about whether or not he'd still come with us after I tell him that.

"Hey ethan?"

"Yeah? Did she not agree?"

"No, she did agree, it's that I want to ask you if you'd come with us even though we were going to get revenge on someone."

"Revenge? Why what happened?"

"Someone had killed the remainder of my family except us two."

"Oh my god, I uh I'm sorry for your loss, but I do understand, since the wolf pack were trying to hunt me and my family on that day when I killed the leaders son, before you ask, no, I don't know if they are alright, but hopefully they'd have survived."

"Oh... that's terrible, hopefully they are alright, but does that mean you'll come with us?"

"Well you two are my best hope here, so don't really have much of a choice, plus you seem pretty cool."

And so it was decided that he would come with us, we then prepare to leave the burrow that he dug, although he felt a little sad to be leaving it for the final time since he started feeling like it was home since he apparently spent like 50 days here.

Upon leaving the burrow we see that it was now evening, Ethan felt a little scared that night time was getting pretty close which is when the wolf pack would be most active.

Now we needed to pick a path to continue walking on to find the opposite side of the forest, which might not even be the forest of Naher.

First thing we should consider is where exactly did he take us?

"Hey ethan, where did you take us when we were unconscious?"

"Huh? Well you blasted off to the right and luckily had landed close to my home."

Hm so if we had blasted to the right that means we have to move left then turn right when we get closer to the spring.

This time, I try using telepathy on both of them, it was tough and required more concentration than just normal telepathy, but I managed to do it.

"Okay, so we are going to get closer to the spring then we'll turn right to get back on the path we were on."

After saying that both of them had erupted at me for saying that.

"Rai, you saw the monster there,and you want us to go back there?!"

"Rai, dude didn't you get blasted outta there by the drake?"

"Hey, hey, calm down you two, we aren't going to get close to the spring, and it looks like a few hours had passed ever since it knocked us out so it should be alright."

Both of them had looked satisfied by that explanation, we had finally decided where we were going, and so we set off in the direction of the lake.

8