Ch 55: Learning how to make leather.
194 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now was the time to plan for how we were going to be able to get any disguise to go into the village.

"Alright, first of all, the clothing we will need will be a mask, clothing to cover me from head to toe, and shoes probably."

"How will you be able to get that?" Asked Nozomi

"Well, we have several options, the first is to try to steal some from a travelling merchant, it is quite risky but will likely get us clothes the fastest, the second is to try and make them ourselves."

"Do you know how to manufacture clothes or even obtain the resources?"  Ethan asked.

"Well, no, the second option will take a lot longer, perhaps a month or two until we understand how to manufacture clothes and how to get the resources."

"Yikes, that is seriously long, but you would also learn something new so I guess there is also a positivity there, but there is also another option here, we could take some clothes from an adventurer we could knock out."

"The clothes would likely not fit me, as my size is completely different from adventurers or slayers, unless you could find one the size of a 12 year old."

"You do have a good point."

"Well, we aren't in any hurry and a traveling merchant might not arrive on this road for a while, so I think that we should at least try to manufacture clothes."

"Alright fair enough, I also kind of know how to make leather with the hide you got from that deer, although I just read a wikihow that I don't even completely remember."

"Hm? Are you two done yet?"

Nozomi had mostly been listening silently as she didn't know much about this subject, but she finally talked when she thought we completed talking.

"Yeah, now it's time to start working."

I take out the deer hide I had in the sub-space, hmm, what was I supposed to do with it? Well, I guess I better remove all the fat and meat still on it, I do that as best as I could and remove it, although I did damage the hide a little bit as I was an amateur.

"Ok, now I think you should clean and rinse it."

I create some water and then start cleaning it, I couldn't manipulate it all too well as I didn't have an affinity for water, after a while I had finished cleaning it.

"Now repeat what you've done until all the membrane is gone."

"It isn't getting off!"

"What do you mean?!"

"It means that it isn't getting off, something else must be missing."

"Ah, damn it, I don't know what is missing."

"Maybe it'll be fine though?"

"Well, we should at least try."

I try as best as I could, the end result was a bit messy and damaged but it did look like leather, we left it for 4 days to dry and when I picked it up it was hard, it couldn't be made into clothing, during the four days that we waited we had made a very simple but for Hope, and realised that traders are actually quite rare on paths that lead to villages, as not a single one was in sight , although watching the villagers was quite interesting, and it looks like they also have some people that work on clothes, I was watching them to understand how it was done but 4 days of just watching didn't give a ton of knowledge, but it gave some nonetheless, I had also hunted another deer and practiced cooking a bit, we had also trained with each other a bit, although I mostly trained by myself as I was stronger than the two of them.

Now we had the problem of the leather, what should we do? The previous one didn't really work that well, I observed the leather workers and saw that they had put a liquid on the leather before washing it to better remove the membrane, I don't know what kind of liquid that was but maybe I should either watch how they make it or steal some from them, although if I was gonna steal I'd rather just steal some clothes that might fit me, but I was determined to see this to the end, to be able to make my own clothes, so I fly high above the village then cloak myself with the sky, then I observe the village and what they were doing with light techniques, I waited for hours as my energy was decreasing gradually, until eventually I see some leather workers making some of that liquid, they took a brain and mixed it with water and then made that liquid, so it was something that simple... but I was still excited since now I knew what to do, I go back down and then with the hide I left in water 3 days ago I do the same steps that they had done, and then I leave it out to be smoked for another day.

I can hear Hope laughing from the hut as I worked, she really liked Ethan but didn't really get along with Nozomi, so Nozomi tries to get along with Hope any chance she gets, this kind of living isn't too bad when I think about it, but this was all in preparation for entering the village then leaving after I get what I want, I go inside after I completed working, the hut was very small and had a bed made of grass for the kid, very simple but at least it was something.

The cloth that the baby had on was basically the only thing it had to wear and so it was cleaned pretty regularly, man taking care of a baby was a metric ton tougher than I thought, but now I just go to sleep without talking to the others as I awaited tomorrow.

When the next day arrives I quickly leave the hut and then eagerly check the leather, it was now a brown color after I removed all the blue hair on it, when I touch it, it turns out to be soft, this was a massive success that I couldn't help but celebrate loudly, but now came the harder part, how can I make clothes with it?

6