Ch 60: The chief and August.
153 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn't rush as I was leaving the village and had walked the paven path to get closer to home, after I get out of sight from the village I store my clothes in my subspace and return to my normal form, eventually I had gotten back home, I pass by the flax plants that I was growing as I went inside the house, it was a simple two room wooden house that wasn't very large, so when I had entered, I was greeted by Ethan and Nozomi as I entered. The two of them were eating raw meat and were feeding Hope vegetables and fruits only, I guess they didn't know much about cooking.

"Hey Rai! Did you learn where the kingdom of Almond or whatever is?"

"Its called the kingdom of Almot, and no, I had forgotten to ask, but I do know that they do not have a map."

"We should hurry up and find out where they are, our parents depend on this information after all."

"I know, I know, but we should prepare as best as we can."

"Uh, mind letting me into the conversation? After all I don't speak fox."

"Ah, alright, alright."

We were now all connected with telepathy, our conversation could now be between 3 people.

"Is the zoom call working?"

"Excuse me?"

"Ah nothing, it's just a joke." Ethan had clarified to her as he was smiling.

"Well, let me tell you the gist of things, someone in the village is going to teach me the language, woodworking and cooking, and I want you to come with me so you can also benefit from him."

"Rai, you have a human form that can pass as human if you're disguised, while Nozomi has one that is practically a fox standing on two feet, and I don't even have one, so how will we learn from him?"

"Alright, don't be offended by this, but you can pose as tamed beasts so you can come with me, I recall a certain someone had a tamed hawk."

Now that I had remembered Cedric I start feeling pretty guilty, come on shut up brain, that was in the past and it can't be changed.

"But Rai, wouldn't they try to hunt me like how that perky eared human and the squad of humans did?"

"You have a really good point, and I have a solution for that, just cover up your extra tail with an illusion."

"You really did think this through Rai, I thought you were kinda dimwitted but you really can pull through when it matters."

"I'm not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult."

"Depends on if you are a glass is half full or glass is half empty kind of guy."

"Oh yeah, speaking of full or empty, how close are you to an evolution or whatever."

"Well, after all the training and hunting I did, I say I must be a bit closer, it's just that evolving increases the amount required so much it's insanse, you are definitely super lucky that you got the energy from a drake."

"Rai, I feel that I am super close to getting my third tail, maybe a month of training will be enough for that."

"Alright, that's good you two, by the way, tomorrow we will head out to the village, we will also bring Hope with us."

I sit down with them and eat together with them, I had a fun time being with them again, I had played a bit with hope before going to sleep on the wooden floor.

*POV August."

"So, who's the boy ya were with?"

Chief Gavin had started questioning me when he came to my home, Teresa had begun making food for him as he arrived, and that left me alone with him.

"The boy's name is Rai just so you know, and to be honest with you, I don't really know him that well. I only followed him to help him communicate with the villagers."

"Rai you said? Sounds like a name from the western continent, even his clothing looked like it came from there."

"Really? How come you've never told anyone that, and how do you know that."

"No one ever asked me, and these adventurers or slayers that pass through here to the forest of Naher or the Silvercloud would inform me of them, although lately they completely stopped appearing."

"Yeah, I've noticed, I guess having animosity towards every stranger that arrives here will cause that."

"So I am correct to assume he came from the western continent right?"

"Actually, no. He is, in fact, an abandoned child."

"Abandoned child? A miracle he'd live to be that old, poor lad must've fought every second of his life."

"Not only that, but he was picked up by a group of intelligent foxes."

Chief Gavin was taken by surprise by that statement and had leaned forward with his hand on his beard, he looked very impressed.

"Hoh, a group of intelligent foxes? How could he back up such a statement?"

"He showed me a memory, and I saw that they were being friendly to him. And no they are already dead."

"Massive shame, even a village as remote as this know how legendary spirivulpes are, especially finding one with a high number of tails, their intelligence means they can work with humans, or submit to them if they had been bested in strength, they could also be manipulated if caught when they're young."

"I didn't actually know about the last one though."

"Well, now ya do. But anyways, what do you think of the boy, after all, I do trust your judgment of character."

"What I think of him hmm, well, he certainly is strange, very strange I admit, he is very talented in techniques and can use them without too much trouble, he is also very powerful, but he is very secretive and was hiding every inch of himself, he is also quite caring as he decided to risk his life for some Avalyn mushrooms. He may be a bit strange, suspicious or off putting, but he is a good kid."

"From this description I can guess that he must've evolved, whether he evolved into a High human, elf or a more technique dependent Beastkin is beyond me. As for his character he seems like a good fellow."

"Chief? Me and walter promised him something for him rescuing little Alice, coul-"

"Ah yes, that was what I also wanted to talk about, first of all, how dare you make promises to a stranger that required the whole village working for it, and you are also planning to add not just another person, but also his friends to our village, we are barely scraping by with the food supplies we have."

"I am sorry, but it isn't right to return his good will with refusing his one simple wish, it also isn't permanent as he'll stay here until he learns what he wants. I'll even go into the forest with him in order to get more food."

"Now, now, calm down, I also agree with you on your decision, but I do not want to see you promise strangers again without me approving or disapproving ok? Also his fighting abilities might be able to get us more food."

At that moment Teresa had plopped down a tray made of straw on the dinner table, on it were three servings vegetable soups, the amount wasn't very large though.

"Help yourselves you two."

"Hey Teresa, you should take mine."

"But you'll be hungry, and you are also a guard."

"You need it more than me, since you are now eating for two."

I smile as I look at her stomach that was carrying our soon to be child, I go over to her and put my arm over her shoulder and embrace her gently, I feel her brown hair brush against my hand as I looked into her beautiful hazel eyes.

"See if I was unwell my body wouldn't feel in perfect quality like this. So please eat well for our little one."

"Argh enough of that you lovebirds, come sit down and eat since I have to leave quickly."

And Gavin had ruined our special moment together and we sat down a little embarrassedly, we eat together and then say our farewells as Gavin leaves, we had then went to sleep with me thinking about what did Rai mean about bringing his friends.


Hello, it's me, mr. Author dude. Some people recommend for me to talk to you more so, hello. But I mostly wanted to thank you for reading my novel, see ya next time boys, and I'll try to talk more


5