Ch 63: 3 Months later.
188 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the past three months, we all had learned the language from Walter, so now we could actually understand what they were saying, I had learned all there was to learn at the village from the respective crafts I wanted to pursue, they weren't masters or anything but they gave me the basics to learn, now I was able to make proper clothes and even dye them, Nozomi had gotten her third tail and we steadily increased our amount of essence. No insanely powerful monsters had appeared although a passing adventurer had informed us that there was a spider monster near the forest of Naher that was slaughtering people and increasing rapidly in strength, this is worrying but we will hopefully not meet with it, but if we do, then we better find a way to get even stronger, we had also learned that he was searching for two spirivulpes near that area, so they had finally put a request on our heads huh? Although the adventurer was suspicious of us we were luckily too different from the description he was given. As for the house we were building, it had got even nicer as time had passed, we had even made more rooms for it and proper beds, definitely a thousand times better than sleeping on the ground. But alas, all good things must come to an end, for now was the time to leave the village and head to the forest of Naher, I use a large space-time technique to store the house into a subspace, the energy usage was quite large and I shouldn't use this technique too often, unfortunately our flax-like plants, which were called Flix, were unable to be brought with us, their roots required too much earth to be brought with us which made managing them incredibly difficult.

My fox body was no longer that of a cub, and I was a full fledged adult, well I think at least, although my human body still didn't age thankfully, if it did, that would make explaining to the villagers very difficult indeed. But now, I do owe the villagers a word of goodbye at least, I turn to face Nozomi and Ethan, the former of which had also grown into an adult, as I was carrying Hope in human form.

"Well then, it's time to say goodbye to the villagers." I say out loud to Nozomi and Ethan.

"Goobye" says Hope.

"Yeah, that's right." I say to her.

"But man, it's already been 3 months, I had kind of gotten attached to this place."

"Yeah Ethan, me too."

"Come on you two, let's get this over with so we can find me and Rai's parents."

"She certainly is impatient."

"Yeah, can't say I blame her." I say in telepathy so she doesn't hear me.

These past three months we hadn't progressed at all in trying to find them, so she was feeling quite frustrated I'd imagine. Anyways it was time to say our final farewells and leave, we walk towards the village in a weird mood, we weren't glum, but we weren't cheerful too. After a while we had finally reached the village, we see that the village chief and the people that taught us the other techniques were all here, August, Rowan, Walter and Alice were all there too.

"Hello everyone, I wanted to thank you all for the past 3 months, and to say goodbye to you all."

"That's it? Boy, do you have any idea where you are going? You'll get killed if you go to the forest of Naher." Said august.

"You ain't leaving till you fight me again, and this time, I'll kick your ass." Said Rowan.

"Please don't leave, you can stay here in the village with me and dad, if you go there you'll get hurt" Pleaded Alice with me.

"Alice, that's enough." Said walter.

Even my teachers were asking me not to go and to think about the importance of my own life. 

"Enough! Boy, are ye sure that's what you want to do?" Asked chief Gavin.

"Yes, I am sure of it."

"Even though you know the dangers?"

"Yes, I will be fine, because I'll never be defeated."

"I see."

I pass them and was about to leave, some of them try to stop me but they don't. Suddenly the chief starts shooting fire balls at me.

"Woah!"

"Come on! Get outta here, I wouldn't care what will happen to you if you get killed. And never return to this village!"

I run to dodge all his attacks, Nozomi starts getting mad and wanted to attack him, stating that "I knew that humans couldn't be trusted," I tell her to calm down and just continue running. As I was running I see that the other people were trying to restrain him, and were shouting things at me.

"Be sure to come back and meet my child when its born!" Shouted August.

"When you come back here, I'll beat you up till you can't move anymore and I'll be the strongest once more!" Shouted Rowan.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me and my daughter!" Shouted Walter.

"Don't forget to practice your techniques!" My teachers shouted in unison.

"Tell me of your adventures when you come back!" Shouted Alice.

I run all the way out of the village along with Nozomi, Ethan and Hope. Goodbye people of the village, may we be able to meet again.

*POV August*

We had finally seen Rai vanish off into the distance, I pray for his safety as he will need to be blessed by god if he doesn't want to be caught by that monster there. The crowd had dispersed and I see Rowan grumbling as he returned to training, I go up to chief Gavin him and question him on what he's done.

“Gavin, did you mean what you said.”

He doesn’t reply to me and instead just walks off away from me, although I could see him clenching his fist as he walked off. The only thing we can do for Rai now is to pray for his safety, after all, no one had the authority to change his decision.

Kid, you better be safe, not just for your sake, but also for the child that is with you.

Yo, the power has been cutting off at my house for quite a while now. It’s pretty annoying.

6