A Familiar Face(Chapter 15 part 2)
145 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, at the village where Terra lived, they were being tasked by the guild master to investigate the goblin village, but this time doing it peacefully. Sure it might sound stupid to talk to monsters, but several reports in the past few days showed they never attacked on-site, and their leader was a relatively unknown monster. For some reason really likes to use bubbles and even consumes pounds of meat and bones like a kid at a bbq.

Guild Master: Right, Terra, I already told you about the assignment, and I will let you be two C+ rank adventurers with you and a month of supplies for the road. After all the goddam paperwork and coin I was put through, from the death of guild members, I find this task appropriate for someone like you and two others.

Terra: got it, Mam, so funny about who you're talking about. I sort of know-

Before she could say anything, a tall 6ft2 Elf in Heavy armor with a shield bashed the door down, and their much shorter but equally powerful Mage with a magic lap also enters behind.

????: Hello, I was spying on you, and I heard you need two C+ ranks to help a fellow guild member?

????: Shut up, Vulcan, you already dragged me here with you after you promised me some cheesecake. I am so sorry, Guild leader, about my friend here. We can leave.

Before both of them could leave, The guild leader grinned widely and would assign all three of them and quickly send them to the village's gates. Terra would sigh with visible annoyance with supplies and other things needed to do this job.  While putting the boxes of things in the cart, Vulcan and Mimi would be arguing. Where a depressed-looking Mud Mule was forced to listen to two different races, argue, while Terra was the only one trying to make at least plans on where to go. After wasting 2 hours of breaking up the argument, packing some more potions caused someone(Terra glares at Vulcan and Mimi) to break a small crate full of them.

Quickly all of them were now off on the stone road towards a forest a few hours or 2 days away, depending on if the Mud Muel was feeling it or not with two bozos or the blind girl, that was much nicer and even fed it food whenever it stopped to rest. Meanwhile, in the monster forest, A busy Emicha was making sure the goblins who were the guards were given a rough training schedule. As in a few days or 2 weeks, they were going to take claim to a mountain that a very nice Orc shaman told had shiny stuff in it. More of Galbo Ham's hand yelling out orders on how to fight and Emicha fighting like 30 Goblin guards at once and was both losing and winning. Winning cause they were learning how to fight, but losing cause they got scolded whenever they did too much damage to said goblins in training.

Galbo Ham(Trainer): I told you, Emicha, to use your own hands and not your tentacles when fighting! Your arms are rarely used and are more flabby and poorly used!

Galbo scolds and bonks Emicha, who despite the whining like a child who lost their candy. Silently agreeing, they would use their 9(One got cut off)tentacles to move around and their hands which hold a wooden cleaver in one hand and a shield in another, As everyone agreed not to give them real weapons in a mass sparring match. Hours 5:30 pm) later, Emicha was resting on the ground after a nice and long sparring match. Somewhere else was Mimi, Vulcan, and Terra were setting up camp in the forest. All of them were around a magic fire cooking up lots of food, And Terra was busy keeping the Mud Mule company as not to have them be alone. 

Terra: So may I ask what is your name? I can't call you Mud Muel. That doesn't sound nice.

Vulcan: Hey Mimi, The blind girl went nuts and is taking to Muel.

A Light arrow silenced the Vulcan to the chest, which did no damage. However, the smell of fire struck him once Terra made the attack quickly. They shut up quickly, and both Terra and the Muel continued their conversation for an hour. How both of them understand each other is a mystery to Vulcan and Mimi. After that, they all ate and drank water before sleeping inside their own tents, but Terra slept near Tompson(Muel's name) to keep them company. Emicha would be asleep in their home after a long day of training. Known to them, a tamed Wind Halk(Mature) was watching them. And it flew back to the Orc tribe and into the Orc shamans tent after some magic shit happened and a message in Halk noises.

Orc Shaman: So they are training to become stronger, I see? well, I guess this might be more fun. I won't underestimate their leader or that Goblin. Something is not right with that one, I am sure of it.

After passing out like a buff lump, hours passed, and it was another morning. Emicha was having another day of body training, the three adventurers were on the move towards the goblin village, and Puddin was getting used to mimicking a goblin's body (for combat reasons). Terra was riding on top of Tompson as they trusted the young adventurer not to do anything stupid on top of them, while the others were in the sides of the cart to cover both sides. More traveling happened, and soon enough, they got to the goblin village before Vulcan could do something stupid and be a jerk.

Mimi: Let me handle this with my special talents. Now stand back and let me do my handy work.

Mimi would quickly transform into a goblin as their body shrunk in size, color, and everything to look and sound like a goblin. Terra was surprised but was reminded that changelings are still a new and somewhat unknown race to many people, but she does not question it right now. Mimi(Goblin form) would walk over to the goblin guards, who point their spears at this unknown goblin not from around here, but they lowed once the goblin began to talk in their tongue perfectly.

Mimi(Goblin form): I mean no harm, brothers. I am an adventurer with friends who wish to talk to your leader, if we may.

The two goblins would think before letting a notice to their leader, who responded to let them in with their words. Mimi would return to the cart and change back to their normal form. Soon enough, all three of them, plus Tompson, would slowly enter the village, and Terra would feel a familiar face through her Mana sight. Emicha would be dressed in some fine wolf pelt clothes as they waited for the people to come inside, but her emotions went into overdrive as they Saw Terra, who saw them as well. When Terra got a good couple of feet away from the cart and was ready to find the leader, they got tackled, hugged by a semi-familiar face, and figured out who it was.

Emicha: Terra, I missed you, my friend!

Terra: Emicha?! You have grown!

Both of them got up and hugged each other. Both Vulcan and Mimi were confused but decided to let them have their moment. After Terra got to let go of Emicha, they would turn around to a couple of confused faces and a confused Tompson(Mud Muel), who all wanted an explanation. 

Terra: ill explain later. Now, Emicha, how the hell did you grow so much, and you seem to grow in power by a lot.

Emicha would guide Terra, Vulcan, and Mimi to a feasting table, and all of them were forced to wait for food as Emicha was hungry and wanted to tell Terra and strangers about the Epic large-scale battle they had. Tompson, meanwhile, was a little scared of the large teen-sized wolves but calmed down when a youngster began talking to them(In animal language) with a curious barking and growling. When the Goblin chef's assistants placed the food, Emicha began to eat a leg of Horned boar slowly and began to talk after gulping down meat and bone.

Emicha: Well, it all started when I met these goblins after I became their new leader of a small village.

Emicha told a long story that got Terra and Mimi interested and invested in what Emicha was saying, but Vulcan was too busy eating the food like a slop. A long 20-minute story of her growing stronger, evolving, and so many things were told as ooh and awws were made when the mention of battling dozens of strong monsters.  After finishing, Mimi and Lisa clapped and began to eat the mass of food with their hands and teeth like more civilized people than Vulcan. Everything was right in the world, and Emicha would start talking as they finished another leg of horned boar meat.

Emicha: Another tribe had told us about a big rock near here. Do you know anything about the big rock with shinies in it?

Emicha said childishly, and Lisa spat out her food, looked at the innocent Emicha with a slightly surprised look, and began to speak in a more calm tone(to be continued.)

2