The Error Class (Arc 1, Chapter 3)
227 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I accept this version of the ability" Alexander says, having been working hard to try and create a version of his idea that worked. The sun was beginning to rise, he gave extensive detail rather than mechanical functions for his skills and one ability. Allowing the system to fill it in. 

He had to think on his ideas, and his new origin as a being beyond normal comprhension. Ultimately though once he finished the ability, he was more than happy to test it out.

The spirt of Alexander reached forward, and he concentrated his feeling onto his five fingers, slowly, thin threads formed out of each one. He realizes that despite not having a gauge or feeling tired, his arm felt heavy just from making them manifest. He didn't stop there though, finding that they were short, he elected to move down to ground level. 

He was roughly a few feet away from a market stall in the city, selling fruits. He moved up behind the man, making a chill go down his spine before Alexander's strings wrapped around one of the apples, he tilted his hand, softly tilting it to the side. 

Announcement

Ability: Threads of Fate
A spiritual ability, meaning that the effectiveness of this is related to the strength of one's soul. Only someone who possesses this ability or something similar can see the thin threads that come from the fingers of the user. This skill cannot be auto-activated through the menu. It creates five invulnerable strings that interact with the physical world, stemming from the fingers of the user

Satisfied with the results, he let his strings go, and they slowly faded. He didn't feel tired, but he moved slower he notices as he backed up. The ability was not extremely good, but it could be practiced, he knew he was starting from the bottom. He had figured out the most pressing issue of how to interact with the world now though.

Along with that though where his two skills. He flew up into the sky, and took a deep breath. The first skill only worked if he focused, but it wasn't an ability. It was always active, but it required a clear mind. He closed his eyes, hoping for a miracle. 

He sat still for about the time it took him to draw five breathes, even if he didn't need to breath. Slowly, small balls of light appeared in his darkened vision. He did not move, observing them. 

He was observing the souls of those walking by, his first skill, to see the souls of others. He notices most of them seemed, sort of pathetic. He expected ghosts, or perhaps even burning wisps. Yet all the souls of these citizens was just small blue marbles. 

He opens his eyes and lays back "It makes sense, this is a technology focused planet, it's not magic or cultivation based. I know there are other planets out there. I also can't even begin to make the assumption I know what it MEANS to cultivate. Leveling up can be considered cultivation in a way. Except it's far shorter in execution for players, no matter how they go about it"

"I hoped I would be able to find someone with a strong soul, maybe then I could make better use of my second skill, but, no matter, if they're all weak spiritually like this then my best bet is to just try it on anyone"

Announcement

Skill: Spirt Vision
The eyes of a spirt know a spirit, allowing you to see the souls of others around you, being a skill this cannot be turned off, but it may require relaxation to truly glimpse the souls around you.

For his second skill, he formed his threads again, and moved over to a random man.


A man rushed through the crowd on the street, carrying a water bottle and briefcase as he coughed into his mask. He wished he got off, but his boss insisted he come in.  It was just a cough, yeah right, he'd love a chance to have some reason to sue this company. He needed the money though, he knew that.

All of a sudden, he stopped, he felt like his legs just stopped moving. He tried to move, and mutter to himself, but found that he couldn't open his mouth. 

A chill suddenly went down his spine as he began to, clumsily move against his will. He was terrified, stumbling into an alleyway looking drunk. Even his coughing had fallen silent, up until the moment where he collapsed to the ground like a puppet falling from strings. He caught himself, coughing violently and gunking up his throat. 

The man reached for his water, only to stop and stare. On his metallic bottle, a symbol was carved into it, a unity symbol. He knew it didn't have it before. He shuddered, still freezing. He quickly grabbed it anyway and ran off. The boys at the office wouldn't believe this.


As Alexander watched the man walk off, he was astounded by the fearsomeness of his skill, he expected to maybe be able to jerk him around a bit, and make a scratch. When he realized that he could do far more than that, he decided to make use of it.

Announcement

Skill: Fate's Authority
Being a skill, this cannot be turned off. Strings made using Threads of Fate are enhanced by this skill depending on what they are being used for. If used to attack, the ends become sharp enough to cut, if used to move someone or something, they fight against the other person. How strongly the effect happens depends on a person's soul strength.

He read it through again, and came to a conclusion. His soul was strong, but that made sense, he wasn't a small ball of light or even did have a core of some sort. He was an apparition with his only limits causing slowness, he didn't even feel tired.  His soul WAS him, and despite the lack of stats, clearly he was stronger than what they showed in someway. 

He shook his head, he turned to open his status menu, taking a sigh as he saw information was actually filled in. 

Announcement

Alexander
Class: ??? 4, Eldritch Error 1
Skills: Enhanced Physique, Broken Mind, Emotional Eyes, Small Firearms Immunity, Nerve Regeneration, He Who Exists, Fate's Authority, Spirt Vision.
Abilities: Ultimate Limit Release Mastered, Weapon of Heart, Shockwave Impact, Ultimate Limit Break,  Threads of Fate
Statuses: Unknown
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 10
Endurance: -1
Wisdom: 11
Luck: 0
Notes: Your luck is not rightly displayed, obviously.

He chuckled at the thoughts of the system reflected in the notes, he was inclined to agree. He laid back, a new mission didn't pop up right way. Fine by him, he needed practice. He was sure the next origin mission would come, to help him make a new reputation before the players came back.

4