Alexander Attempts Cooking (Intermission Chapter)
99 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Extremely short intermission

Alexander entered the kitchen of the man he had knocked out through judicious use of taking over his body and telling him that a ghost was talking to him. At the very least, he decides, he can cook something. 

The young man looks through what he has. He didn't need to make anything complicated, but he could make something simply good. Did that make sense? He wasn't sure, but either way he took out a can of soup and stared at the pull tab on it.

His threads could wrap around things, allowing him to grab a bowl very carefully, as well as opening up the can by pulling on the tab. This was already very tiring, dividing the treads to multiple tasks. Not to mention what he just did earlier to 'write' but he continues on.

With the red tomato soup in the bowl he pops it in the microwave, unsure of what to set it to, he uses the pen from before to press ten minutes on it. Ten minutes should heat it up thoroughly right? He remained unaware that the soup had directions for how long it should be heated on the can, as he used all five threads to crush it like one does a can of finished soda before tossing it.

Now with the soup cooking, he could make a sandwich. Sandwiches require little to no skill, but good sandwiches require toast. Good toast was made in a pan. He wasn't getting a pan. 

He finds the toaster, putting the bread inside of it and thinking on how long it should go for, this should be obvious. Well, the more, toast, toast was. The better it was right? Yes, that made sense, he wasn't sure why he thinks it doesn't. He turns the knob all the way up and presses the tab down. 

He floats to the fridge, getting it open and removing cheese and ham from the bread. Now to simply wait for the food to finish.

He lays back, about to check the mission he has to see if it's done by now, when the microwave makes a strange noise. He blinks before moving over to see through the mesh.

"Oh, it's done" he hums, opening the door and shutting it off as he removes the literal boiling soup. Remaining totally unaware that it was so hot it could burn someone. Seeing as his threads don't feel any of the heat. 

As he's putting it on the table, he hears the toaster pop up. He floats through the wall and removes the black burnt pieces of bread from the smoking toaster. Ignoring it as he puts too much cheese and ham on the dry to the bone toast.

Alexander puts it on a plate and sets it down by the soup, smiling. "Perfect" he says, staring at the, attempt, to cook he made. He realizes something seems off, but shrugs it off. 

He was tired, so now just to wait, laying down in the air and closing his eyes. He didn't actually need to sleep, but he could still wait now.

2