Errors (Arc 1, Chapter 7)
114 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
An incredibly short chapter, I apologize for the wait and for the shortness of it. Hopefully with what I have planned for the next one it will be longer. I have thought about delaying it even more just to add the next chapter into it. However, I feel like chapters deserve a good ending point, did I accomplish that here? I don't know, have a good night though, or good day depending on where you are.

"I know it hasn't been that long for us at all, but, it feels really weird to already be back to work" Seeker says, walking alongside Amber and Lapis.

"Do you ever stop talking" Amber groans, rubbing her head. When he proposed that they all stick together to do the mission rather than split up, she didn't mind that much. He just wouldn't stop talking, at least Lapis had the excuse of answering questions from his livestream.

"Hey guys? They're saying we are being followed and haven't noticed" Lapis says, stopping an argument from breaking out by finally bringing up the news he's gotten. He had been aware himself because of chat for a good five minutes that they were being followed, but wanted to wait for the right moment.

Seeker quickly looked around, his eyes narrowed. He really wasn't paying attention before. Quickly he signaled out a man dressed in a heavy looking cloak wearing a mask that covered his entire face. Meaning he should effectively be blind, yet he continued to stare at them. 

Amber followed his gaze, and quietly put a hand on the hidden knife she was given by the armory as she waited.

Lapis hummed "Sir, you're Trojan aren't you?" he says, nudging Amber to signal her to scan him rather than try causing a scene. 

She nods subtly and begins to preform the scan, just hoping the man wasn't going to attack  or was someone exceptionally powerful.

"Yes, my codename is Trojan, leader of The Null Cult of Pure Blood" he admits without any sound of lying. "He said you would be here, Null did himself. Which means I have something to give you three, he, called it a mission" he remained totally collected, giving off this feeling of not being quite human.

Amber finished her scan as he talked and nearly did a double take, her eyes widening slightly. Knowing the others would learn the information soon because it was relevant, she stepped forward "We will take it Trojan. Thank you very much sir, what is the mission?" she asks, stepping on Lapis' foot. He understood something and the stream shut off, normally this signal was if something really important was happening. It didn't seem fair to stop others from seeing the main story. However, he still did it, waiting to see what she saw.

Trojan nods "Null wants you to meet him at a specific location, he said you'd know where regardless of if I told you it or not" he says, and turns to leave "Null, he's someone really powerful, but I also can tell with what he's taught me you're not normal people. See you later" he disappears with those words into the alleyway.

The three players looked to each other, now knowing what the status showed, and what the mission was.

Announcement
"Trojan"
Alignment: Neutral Good, Trojan is a man who follows a person or power that only calls itself Null. He has never compromised his morals for this force, and has not needed to. Making him a neutral good person. Willing to do the right thing, perhaps to the law, perhaps not, but never to an extreme degree.
Class: [Error]
Skills: ???
Abilities: ???
Statuses: None
You cannot view this person's stats
Notes: [Error] cannot evaluate
Announcement

Null: Hidden Story 1
Mission: Meet Null at the following coordinates at midnight.
Rewards: [Error]
Failure: Cannot be failed
Notes: [Error] 

"It's riddled with errors, I didn't even think it was possible for the screen to show those" Seeker mutters to himself, before smiling. "This means something is up with this NPC. Just his name is suspect, Null, meaning nothing! What if it's?" he doesn't finish due to Amber covering his mouth.

"Do not get your hopes up, I know, so many errors, something clearly isn't right" Amber sighs "Lapis, turn the stream back on, we need to hide the other things. I have a feeling people are watching that will quickly take action against anymore issues so early into the patch. It hasn't even been a day" she says.

"I have a better idea, midnight is pretty late isn't it? Let's all get off and I'll sign off. We meet up tonight" Lapis suggests.

"Fine by me" Seeker nods, still smiling regardless "We will figure out what's going on before we report then. See you two later" he hums as he logs out.

Amber doesn't say a word, just crossing her arms before mentally logging out herself while Lapis signs off. Saying he's a bit tired and wants to eat food.

3