Origin and Moving Forward (Arc 1, Chapter 2)
99 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander flew for awhile, he wasn't able to move fast, maybe as fast as he could normally run. Although the thing was he didn't get tired. So as a couple hours passed, he continued to move. Deep in thought on how to answer the question the first mission of the new origin chain posed.

Despite not being tired, as a city came into view, he decided to fly down and land on one of the taller buildings. There were no massive sky scrapers, but they were still several stories tall. He quietly made himself sit down on the edge, looking over everything. He laid on his side, thinking out loud to himself.

"When I first came here, my goal was to not be forgotten. To do so, I worked with The Ark and made myself as powerful as possible physically" he hummed "Well, that first goal failed. Making myself physically powerful also caused me to, push myself too far. I also don't HAVE a physical body anymore, so there's no point to repeating that mistake" he says.

"If all of my power now comes from spiritual abilities, well, I have some ideas for that. The question becomes what I want to do now" he closes his eyes, which was strange to do that it actually afforded him some darkness to see. Considering his own body was see through. 

"A hero, it's a worthwhile thing to be, but, a hero needs to have presence. Even those who don't get seen often, their stories and their appearance still inspires fear into criminals after awhile. I have quite literally no presence, other than the chill of a ghost. It could work, but the other issue is, heroism is idealistic. I want to believe the best can happen, but, it won't" he says, crossing that origin idea off the list.

"Ah yes, villainy, no. It won't work, I don't want enemies, or maybe I do. Enemies could make me be remembered better, but once again we come to the part where I don't have any presence myself. Feeling a chill doesn't substitute for that. Not to mention, I don't have a goal that is worth being a villain over. Besides all that, villains never win, not in the end. They may win one battle, the heroes may struggle for a long time, but in the end they fall, dying or otherwise, by some twist of fate or a prophecy they accidentally set in motion. Then the cycle just repeats, heroes becoming corrupt, or a new villain rising" he sighed, crossing a villainous origin off of the list.

"It also mentioned a so called, mysterious figure. It is a good idea, while a presence could be appreciated, my lack of one may just do better in accomplishing some things. I do like showing off though, being mysterious isn't quite my thing. That's really that isn't it" he laid on his back and opened his eyes back up, staring up at the by now, starry sky.

"I see what the system is trying to show, good, evil, and neutral right? Well, previously I identified myself as lawful neutral, loyal to the law. I also enjoyed companions and doing what's right however. Law, doesn't really apply to me anymore? Not even the laws of physics. I am no longer under the control of the Ark, and I am unrestrained by even a physical form anymore. Does this mean I am chaotic neutral? Not, particularly, while I would like to say I do what I want, I know that isn't true. I still want companions, and to do good. Chaotic neutral would be looking out for myself alone I believe" he was talking so much as he thought about what to choose, what to say he wanted to be.

He laid on the rooftop for a long time "A presence that only causes a chill, a being that is beyond law" he closed his eyes "If I didn't know better, I'd argue that sounds like something of an eldritch nature" he paused after saying this. 

He floated up slowly and turned, opening his eyes as he looked down the building "System, what would you say about, something like not necessarily an eldritch god, but an eldritch being?" he asks, staring downward at the ground. He gave the system a few moments to answer before receiving a new screen in his vision

Announcement

Origin (Eldritch Being): A being who's true form is incomprehensible, for whatever reason they cannot truly be perceived. Stricken from history, yet still existing. Your origin is that of a being that exists but is beyond mortal scope now.

"I select this origin" he says, humming as he nods. Perhaps it didn't make a lot of sense, neither did he though, he shouldn't exist but he did.

Announcement

The Ultima Error: Origin Story, Completed
>>>Opening Class Creation<<<
Class Creation
 You have 3 points of creation. Due to your unique physiology, you are unable to use magic in any capacity, and you cannot use physical abilities, therefore, you are only able to use spiritual abilities. This means abilities that use your own being as the focus and catylyst.
Please make two skills, and one ability. Also due to the uniqueness of this situation, level restrictions on power of abilities and skills has been raised to an approximate level.

 

Alexander turned, laying on his back in the air as he put his hands behind his head "Let's begin then, create skill" he hummed, beginning to input the first thing he wanted to gain as a passive


"It's ridiculous!" Death Seeker yelled, slamming the table in the live chat room. Making it shake before he sat back down "Three whole months! By that point who knows what will happen to the world? Not, not to mention they deleted Alex!" he growls.

Amber bit her lip as he yelled, before she took a deep breath "I can't say I'm surprised, you can't be either idiot. He was dangerous, regardless of how he was as a personality. He literally has caused people to be hospitalized. There's no way that he would stick around if there was a way to get rid of him"

Lapis shifted in his seat, closing chat as he streamed this conversation quietly, thinking on his own about what to say.

"You shut up Amber!" Seeker said, looking to the woman "I know what you think of him! I get it, he hurt you, gave you nightmares, but he clearly was also aware of that wasn't he? Hell! He felt regret, so can't you feel regret that he's, dead!" he asked.

Amber sighed, laying back in her seat, quietly nodding "You don't think I do? I do, I do feel regret okay? That I never got to tell him I'm doing better, and to say thanks to him. The fact is, he's gone though, and we aren't going to be getting him back. He was dangerous, to everyone else, so he's gone" she says.

Seeker trembled as he closed his hands into fists and looked down. He couldn't refute her, and it annoyed him so much.

Lapis finally spoke up "Hey you two? He may be gone but, that doesn't mean we just give up. I mean we are the Amissa Lumina. We are sort of the leading force for all The Ark players. Why don't we, make it our goal to make sure this doesn't happen again?" he proposed.

"Meaning?" Seeker asked, looking at him. Amber closed her eyes and remained silent, just letting Lapis continue talking.

"There have to be others right? I mean, the game is infinite. Not to mention, just the NPCs in general. I say, we formally announce that we are joining as a group the NPC rights group" He says, sitting up "Other people will follow us, and we will basically continue to act against people like The War Guild, the battle will continue on, and, what is Reality Entertainment going to do? Delete all NPCs that pose a problem? We know they CAN'T just do that, deleting one has already made so much trouble for them" he explained.

"The NPC rights group is, not a bad idea, I do think there is something, weird about the NPCs of the game. Not just Ultima, although in my opinion he was the strongest I got that feeling from. It doesn't mean he's the only one" Amber admits, opening her eyes "I'm not voting though for it. This is all on you, mister table-slammer" she hums.

Seeker paused, seeking through the words of Lapis and Amber. "My guild's goals, my own guild, is to find stories, and secrets. I think, preserving NPCs works towards that. I, also think Ultima would like use helping others like that. So, I vote for it" he says. 

Lapis sighed in relief "Thanks, I spent awhile thinking about that speech" he smiled "Then" he opens chat back up, waving his hand "We formally join the NPC rights group, in remembrance, and in the spirt of helping NPCs just like Ultima" he announces to his stream. 

Amber closed her eyes again, thinking while Seeker stood up and nodded. The three disbanded soon after to manage their own social media, and get in contact with the group.

3