Friends But Actually Lovers (1)
100 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Klick sighed in relief when Dr Iason gave him the green light. He finally made a full recovery and can resume his normal duties. There was no risk of him running, flying, jumping or even kicking someone in the shin. His leg was fully recovered and Bruce no longer had any reasons to manhandle him into resting.

“Oh, before I forget,” the good doctor stood up and reached into his drawer. “The principal told me to give you this.”

Klick felt for the packet and frowned. It was something familiar and he stashed it away at his back pocket.

Dr Iason sighed. Amanda told him about this special student. Yet, as a doctor, he couldn’t just let Klick do as he pleased. He might be a trained spy and assassin but the small bat omega was going to be very vulnerable in a place full of alphas even if he was using heat suppressants.

“I know you feel confident in taking on any alphas if required. However, as a doctor, it is still my duty to remind you to be careful and stay clear of them if possible. You wouldn’t know if your fated mate is somewhere in this academy and when the heat triggered by the presence of a fated mate happens, the medicine will be rendered ineffective.”

Klick was annoyed. It wasn’t the first time the doctor handed him his special medication but why did he have to give the same speech every time?

“You don’t have to tell me that every month,” Klick gritted his teeth in annoyance. “Besides, my target is an alpha. It’s ridiculous to not make contact with them if I want to finish the job.”

Dr Iason didn’t say anything. Klick was a stubborn person and according to Amanda, he was a recessive omega. That meant he would appear more beta-like and don’t experience heats because he hasn’t been awakened as an omega. The second gender transformation in Klick’s case wasn’t complete and the assassin did that on purpose just to be accepted into the academy. He didn’t drink the archmage’s second gender transformation potion even though he took the test. Still, Amanda made him drink the pregnancy prevention potion just in case something happened. Technically, Klick was a half transformed omega with pheromones but no functioning omega reproductive organs. Yet, Dr Iason knew the risks of it developing if Klick met his fated alpha. The boy would be forced into an omega’s awakening heat and that would be terrible for everyone. Alphas nearby would be driven insane by the pure omega calling of a first heat and death could very well happen.

“Just be careful,” the Caladrius insisted and shook his head as Klick kicked open the door to leave his office.

In a foul mood, Klick wasn’t paying much attention to his surroundings. The voice near him by the door made him jump and Klick almost smashed the person with his fist. If not for the fast reflex, Bruce would have gotten a handful of teeth knocked out by the small blind beta.

“Careful there!” the shark merman grunted. Even if he managed to block the punch aimed at his face, the violent beta wasn’t holding back when he swung his fist. His webbed hands were slightly sore but Bruce decided to ignore it. Instead, he was more curious about what the doctor said.

“Did he say you were fit enough to punch people?”

Klick snorted and retracted his hand. He should have known better than to think the shark would leave him alone. Ever since Syris moved out of his dormitory to room with Floopy, the shark merman had decided to cling onto him as company in the name of people who’ve lost their besties. Klick didn’t really mind Bruce’s constant company because fighting with him was a good way to make Klick forget that his only friend was now happily adapting to his new omega lifestyle.

“Not just punch,” he grinned and swung a foot out. “He said I was good enough to kick other people in the shin if I wanted to!”

Bruce jumped and dodged that kick narrowly. This beta was playing foul again, using his shortness to attack where he was weak. If this was how Klick wanted to play, Bruce was more than happy to oblige.

Klick heard the change in air currents and flapped his wings so that he could move out of what sounded like a swipe to his midsection. Bruce wasn’t holding back today and Klick could feel the adrenaline pumping in his veins as his heart raced. He missed this workout and Bruce was a good warming up partner.

They exchanged blows and Bruce cussed when his punch missed, creating a whole in the window. They were still just outside of the infirmary and Dr Iason walked out with a furious look. 

“Again? What’s wrong with the both of you? Can’t you fight somewhere else for once? Wait! Don’t you dare run!”

Bruce didn’t need to think twice before bolting for his life down the corridor. It wasn’t the first time they’d gotten into trouble with Dr Iason. The doctor was surprisingly scary when he was mad and Bruce didn’t feel like cleaning his medicine shelf again.

Likewise, Klick jumped out of the window and fled the scene. Bruce was quite fast on his legs for a merman and the bat demon grinned. The feeling of being able to stretch his wings and fight again was great! He would have to ask Bruce to spar with him more often now that he has recovered. That was the least the dumb shark could do for him after breaking his leg and causing him to be so miserable for the last few weeks.

Satisfied at the adrenaline fix, Klick decided to head back to his room for the afternoon. Bruce might call him out again for dinner later so he should get his homework done now if he wanted to spar later. Hopefully, Bruce was up to the challenge.

3