Friends But Actually Lovers (7)
46 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meeting Carlos was a lot easier than how Klick thought it was going to be. By some kind of luck, the beta bat who was still fuming over his latest interaction with Bruce bumped into someone on his way back to the dormitory. It wasn’t his usual route and Klick was somewhat unfamiliar with it.

“Careful there,” the person he bumped into said and Klick froze for a whole before quickly putting on his act. Who would have thought that he would meet Carlos here of all places? Lady luck must love him right now.

Carlos initially thought that this was a beta but upon a closer whiff, he realised that it wasn’t the case. The bat demon matched the description of his potential stalker and Carlos was now interested. Why would an omega decide to conceal his identity as a beta?

“Are you Klick?” Carlos asked with a charming voice and Klick wanted to empty his stomach at that sick tone. He knew a fake sweet voice when he heard one and Carlos wasn’t fooling anyone. The rumours about this man were true and Bruce had every right to dislike him. Yet, business was business and Klick nodded as shyly as he could.

“Y-you are…?”

Carlos grinned. Lovely. The bat seemed like his ideal kind and his academy life would be entertaining for a while longer. His last partner flaked on him and Carlos decided that maybe he would give this omega-beta boy a try. Seeing as Klick was obviously smitten by him for some reason, Carlos couldn’t not take advantage of the situation.

“I’m Carlos. I think you know me already.”

Klick pretended to be surprised and stuttered more, making the cheetah alpha laugh in a haughty manner that made Klick cringe. Yet, he had to get this man’s contact in order to create an opportunity to become eventually closer for the deed.

“I-I’m sorry!” Klick quickly apologised. “I didn’t know that it was you but I heard many things and admired you so…”

It took Carlos a while to understand that this bat was actually blind and he quickly became more interested. “You’re blind?”

Klick nodded. His disability often made people less guarded around him. It was easier to take advantage of them like that. Carlos was no exception.

Acting gentlemanly and wanting to get closer to this blind beta, Carlos offered to escort him back to his dormitory, taking the chance to ask more personal questions. Klick seemed like easy prey and Carlos didn’t discriminate between gender. The disability only served to turn him on more. 

Before they parted, Carlos asked if Klick would be interested to hang out again in the future and the bat demon pretended to be thrilled. They exchanged contact methods before Carlos waved goodbye to Klick who entered the dormitory. Whistling a happy tune, the cheetah alpha left in high spirits. 

Likewise, Klick was happy that his plan had been pushed forward. Once he entered his room, the assassin locked the door and realised that thanks to Bruce, he missed the timing for his heat suppression medication. Thankfully, nothing actually happened and the bat assassin took it at once, thinking of a good way to charm Carlos into taking action. Library dates were nice but he didn’t think Carlos was a person who enjoyed studying or reading very much. It was probably just an excuse to be alone together because the library was relatively devoid of people. Klick didn’t mind. In fact, it was a good opportunity to be somewhere that Bruce wouldn’t follow them. The shark merman preferred to spend his time near the forest training or in his room doing his things. If he wasn’t doing that, he would be spending time with Klick or his prince and Floopy.

>>Xxx Destiny Aitsuji xxX<<

Bruce had just left Dr Iason’s office and was a lot soberer. He decided that an apology was needed and texted Klick if they could hang out tomorrow for lunch. The bat demon had every right to be angry at his meddling. If Klick wanted to date an alpha, who was he to stop him? However, a small part of Bruce wondered if a relationship between a bona fide beta and an alpha would work out. Klick might not want to become an omega like Floopy and there was no telling when a fated mate would appear. All alphas and omegas had a fated mate somewhere out there. Things between a beta and alpha were fickle even if it wasn’t impossible.

The reply came quickly and Bruce’s heart fell. Klick had something on tomorrow afternoon and he wasn’t mentioning any reasons. It was just a simple apology and Bruce couldn’t help but wonder if his beta friend was still angry at his unreasonable behaviour. He felt bad on the inside and trudged all the way back to his dormitory.

Seeing Carlos’ face didn’t improve Bruce’s mood. He was about to go on minding his own business when Bruce caught a whiff of someone familiar.

“Hey,” he growled at the cheetah who was lounging on his bed in only his underwear with a comic book in his hand. “Were you hanging out with a bat demon earlier?”

Carlos’ eyes widened and he grinned widely. “Wow! You must be a mind reader! Yes, he was quite the cutie so I asked him out tomorrow. Why?”

Hearing that Klick and Carlos finally met each other made the merman feel all sorts of unpleasant feelings.

“Nothing,” he brushed it off coldly. Yet, the fire inside couldn't be quelled. Klick actually decided to go ahead despite so many people telling him not to. Was the beta really that in love with this alpha trash? He didn’t want to concede but at this point, Bruce was starting to hate himself more and more.

Carlos noticed the tense atmosphere surrounding his new roommate but shrugged it off. It was none of his business what happened between Bruce and the bat boy but for him, Klick was a good catch. He couldn't wait to bait that innocent thing into a bed or a mattress or maybe up against a wall if he didn’t mind. It’s been a month too long since he had his last fix and honestly, Carlos didn’t care who it was as long as they were consensual.

3