Positions (16)
54 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“No problems,” Dr Iason confirmed.

Rusty was healthy and strong enough to bear pups for Wilson. Even if he was a rabbit beastman, his genetics were closer to a hare than a rabbit. It would explain his independent nature and less social personality. Wilson didn’t want to investigate too deeply why there would be a hare in a rabbit family. All that meant for him was that Rusty would be able to crossbreed with them effectively. The wolf pups and cheetah cubs will not suffer from an active herbivore gene. They might be omnivores, but that was it. The others would be carnivores.

Rusty didn’t speak much and thanked the doctor as Wilson escorted him out.

“Do you need more time?” he asked, but the hare werebeast shook his head. Even after finding out that there was something strange about his bloodline, Rusty remained calm. His poker face rivalled Wilson, and the werewolf knew that he wanted Rusty to be part of his and Carlos’ complicated relationship.

“I will sign the papers. Are we going to meet your partner?”

Wilson didn’t know if he should break it down for Carlos to understand. He hasn’t spoken with the werecat about this, even though it has been about three days since Carlos turned his alarm off. Their relationship was a little ambiguous now as the werecat tried to sort his feelings out. 

“Let me speak to him first before I set up a meeting for both of you to discuss further terms and conditions. He can be a little… fickle and skittish.”

The term ‘skittish’ gave Rusty a very strong feeling that Wilson’s partner was a cat species. He didn’t comment on that but let Wilson know that he would refrain from accepting clients in the meantime.

“Some of my clients will be unhappy and difficult. I hope you can help me resolve that until you can confirm things with your partner.”

Wilson gave his word, and they parted outside the infirmary only to run into Carlos, who was glaring at Wilson like a wife who just caught her husband cheating on her red-handed. The surge of jealousy Carlos felt took the werecat by surprise. He was the one who didn’t want to officially confirm things with Wilson. What right did he have to be angry over his watcher’s choice of partners?

“Carlos? Why are you here? Did you get hurt?”

When Wilson showed concern for his roommate’s well-being, Rusty’s mouth made a small “O” shape in realisation. Now it made sense! That childish drawing on a post-it, the need for secrecy, the need for heirs and the need for a three-way relationship.

Unconsolable, Carlos ignored Wilson completely and stormed into the infirmary. He initially dropped by because he heard that was where Wilson was. The werecat was worried about his watcher, but when he arrived, Wilson was escorting Rusty. Every alpha knew that Rusty was the queen of omegas. He would sleep with anyone for the right price. Didn’t Wilson tell him to have open communication? Even after Carlos gave Wilson all the names of the people he normally played with, the werewolf went behind his back to fool around without letting him know.

Dr Iason was just organising the test results report when his door was unceremoniously flung open by a fuming cheetah. The noise startled the poor doctor and sent his papers scattering all over the floor.

Feeling bad for startling the innocent doctor, Carlos bent down to help collect the documents when a familiar name on one of the documents made him pause. 

Wilson, who was also helping to pick up the scattered documents, froze. Carlos stared at the results and was very silent. Dr Iason sighed when he saw the tension between these two alphas. Asahina informed him that Amanda would make a special exception for them if they found a third partner in their unusual relationship. However, the boat looks very rocky at the moment.

“Can I have my health reports back?” the Caladrius asked.

Numbly, Carlos passed the documents back, forgetting what he wanted to do when he barged into the infirmary in the first place. Wilson closed his eyes in resignation and gently tugged Carlos along.

“Come on, let’s go back. I’ll answer all your questions.”

Without much of an opinion or choice, Carlos let Wilson hold his hand and lead them back to their room. The action attracted many stares, but Carlos was simply too out of it to notice them. Wilson glared at everyone, daring them to say something about it. His fierce possessiveness made everyone look away. Nobody wanted to get into trouble with the lone wolf with a bloody history.

All Carlos could think of as he was pulled along back to the dormitory was the first page of Rusty’s test report. Apart from the general health status, there was also a compatibility report for crossbreeding. The name that Rusty was getting tested for compatibility for was no other than Wilson.

Not too long ago, they decided to scout for omegas to continue Wilson’s bloodline. However, Carlos didn’t know if he was ready for this. Logically, Rusty wasn’t a terrible choice for the third partner in their relationship. The rabbit werebeast didn’t talk a lot, trusted nobody and was only after money. In many ways, they were similar. It was this similarity that made Carlos afraid. For now, Wilson might be smitten by him. However, against an omega like Rusty, who could give him everything the wealthy werewolf wanted, what did Carlos have?

Carlos didn’t realise that they were already back in the dormitory. He absentmindedly accepted the glass of water that Wilson poured and handed him. His mind reeling from the shock and spiralling down the pit of negativity.

“What are you thinking about?” Wilson asked and sat beside his soon-to-be Luna. 

Carlos did not answer at once. He couldn’t even lift his head to meet Wilson’s eyes, afraid that the watcher might see through all his insecurities if they locked gazes.

Taking the chance to get closer to Carlos and make up for the lack of intimate contact for the last few days because Carlos was running from him, Wilson snuggled the big cat in his arms and showered him with butterfly kisses all over his face. With every light feathery kiss, Carlos felt those thoughts melt under Wilson’s touch. It was magical how his actions could convey so much more than his words at times.

They eventually snuggled together on Carlos’ bed, legs curled around each other’s legs and tails wrapping around each other while they shared soft open-mouthed kisses. Carlos thought that things would escalate, but neither felt the need to start getting hot and bothered. It was a first for Carlos, and honestly, he preferred this sort of physical connection more. If only he knew about this earlier.

Wilson could finally see a glimpse of Carlos returning under his affectionate touches. He inhaled Carlos’ scent deeply and nuzzled his neck, placing kisses and sucking gently on the skin, leaving bright red marks on the fair skin.

Carlos didn’t know what got into Wilson, but the werewolf was unstoppable, marking every inch of skin he could find while they were both still clothed.

“Hey! Don’t suck there,” Carlos protested when Wilson sucked on the tender side of his wrist, leaving a dark mark. “I can’t hide that under my clothes!”

Wilson growled a little in disappointment, his ears drooping. Carlos swallowed. Wilson wasn’t playing fair when he did that.

“You have a little explaining to do. Why were you with Rusty? Also, what were those test reports about? I saw your name under the compatibility section.”

Wilson looked up. Carlos was finally ready to talk about it, and the werewolf decided that the matter shouldn’t be put off any longer.

“Remember the candidate we wanted to find? I talked to Rusty to find out a little more about what he wanted in return for a contract to become my legal mate but not Luna. All he wants is for me to take care of his family financially. However, we were unsure if he could fulfil my condition for birthing heirs for wolves and big cats, so I asked him to get tested for compatibility with me first. You found out before I could talk to you about it.”

Hearing the explanation, Carlos blushed. “Why didn’t you let me know that you were thinking about asking Rusty first? It could have avoided so much misunderstanding!”

At that, Wilson could only apologise. He was too used to acting on his own and not needing to consult anyone.

“I’m sorry. It’s a force of habit to act alone and swiftly. I’ll remember to discuss it with you next time.”

Convinced, Carlos relaxed into the embrace. “Why don’t you want him to be your Luna as well? He would be a good choice. I’m not the only one who could satisfy your desires. I heard Rusty is very experienced.”

Sensing jealousy and sulking in Carlos’ tone, Wilson smiled. “I already have a Luna I chose. He’s not the smartest, but he is kind and loyal to his family. I’m just waiting for him to agree so that we can make it official.”

When Wilson said that so sincerely, Carlos blushed. He couldn’t give his answer now, but it was right there at the tip of his tongue. Just a little more time and convincing, Carlos knew he would be falling head over heels for this eligible bachelor.

2