Brother Che
265 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Chu Yuechan and Cang Yue were busy chattering with each other, Yun Che was preoccupied asking things from his system.

[Ding!]

[Host cultivation base is now at 3rd Stage of Sky Profound Realm]

'Hmm... In these few days, skipping through the two stages is good. But System... won't you grant me some profound arts or something of that sort?' asked Yun Che.

It has been more than a month by now since he transmigrated to this world and has yet to practice any profound arts. Till now, Yun Che succeeded in defeating profound beasts and others whose cultivation was way lower than him. So, it was no big deal.

Even in the Blue Wind Empire, there was no one who possesses a threat to him. That's what his system assured but he highly doubted that possibility. Not every time he can face with brute strength alone, he needs to have some tricks up his sleeve.

[Host need not worry. As Host's comprehension isn't that bad, Host will have an easy time dealing with enemies]

[System will present some profound arts if at all the Host is in difficulty]

Once again, the System affirmed.

[Reminding Host, Unless Host completes respective quests, System is restricted from offering any rewards.]

[Only in life-threatening conditions or some special circumstances will System be forced to reward Host.]

Yun Che sighed. Looks like he won't be getting any profound arts from his system anytime soon.

As for why his system isn't giving him instant mastery over any skill is that Yun Che knew if it at all it did, he wouldn't be much different from any other. And without his system's help, he would be nothing. So, the system was restricted from doing such and was tasked only to aid Yun Che.

Yun Che slowly drifted his consciousness into the Sky Poison Pearl as it has been a while since Yun Che talked with Jasmine alone.


Jasmine was seen sleeping in the Sky Poison Pearl peacefully with a little drool oozing from her mouth. Her body wasn't that petite as before and showed signs of developing. She now looked to be of 15 years.

When Yun Che asked, the system answered that her soul's aging speed is enhanced to reduce the healing time. It wouldn't be a surprise to say Jasmine would look to be 18 years in just a span of 1 year of the healing process in the Sky Poison Pearl, in fact much older than him.

'Will she be matured accordingly? Or will she still act like a kid with a mature form?' Yun Che didn't know the answer and he had to wait up for that.

Some books laid by the side beside Jasmine. They were regarding cooking lessons. Jasmine, in the meantime, has been reading them to impress Yun Che with her cooking but would never admit that.

Yun Che sat on the bed looking at Jasmine's sleeping face and tenderly wiped off the drool. Sometimes, she acts aloof, cold, distant but at the same time, she has this side of her that makes others mesmerized by her. Not by her looks, but by her attitude.

Feeling movements on her face, Jasmine slowly opened her eyes.

When her eyes turned clear and seeing Yun Che sitting in front of her, she sat up and quickly covered the books with her blankets hoping that Yun Che still hasn't seen it.

"W-What ?" asked Jasmine mimicking her usual tone.

Yun Che didn't answer and kept staring into her eyes to which Jasmine didn't dare look into.

Jasmine nervously started rubbing her toes but didn't lift her head.

"Jasmine..." Yun Che called softly.

"Y-Y-Yes" Jasmine stuttered.

"Call me by my name," said Yun Che.

"....."

Looking at Jasmine's puzzled expression, he continued.

"It's been some time since we were staying together. Why don't you start calling me by name?" asked Yun Che.

Whenever Jasmine talked to him, she used 'This princess' referring to herself but never did she call Yun Che by his name which kept them apart and acted as barriers. Losing her tsundere behavior can't be succeeded in a very short time. But Yun Che decided to break it up little by little and let her mature through it and realize she isn't still a kid.

Jasmine was seemingly in thoughts.

Usually, she would boss around others with her superior lineage and cultivation. But it's all different when it comes to Yun Che. He for one is never dependent on her and does things by himself. And honestly, she is the one who is dependent on him.

At first, when Yun Che's cultivation kept on rising up, she can't make herself to ask as she didn't want to pry over his secrets when she herself was a mystery to him. As time passed, their relationship progressed to such an extent that never did the thought passed her mind about asking his secrets.

It was for this reason that she didn't disrespect or flaunt her dominance over Yun Che even to Cang Yue and silently observed the couple from the shadows.

"Brother Che..." muttered Jasmine with a blush that rivaled her hair.

As Yun Che was older than her, she decided to call him Brother. Not that usual brotherly way which she used to call her brother but more like someone closer to her... only her...

"That's it." Yun Che nodded in satisfaction.

"Whenever you talk to me, you need to call me by the same name," said Yun Che in a serious tone.

"W-W-What? This princess should call you that?" asked Jasmine clearly embarrassed by what Yun Che said.

"I can't hear anything you're saying." Yun Che acted completely ignorant.

"B-Brother Che, Should this princess call you this way," Jasmine asked tapping her forefingers together.

"Mhm," Yun Che believed that the distance between them will not be that distant as before. And there would be room for much progress.

Yun Che spent his time with Jasmine in the Sky Poison Pearl. They became much closer than before when Jasmine started calling him by his name.


After a while, Yun Che returned back.

Turning to look at Cang Yue who was still busy talking with Chu Yuechan, Yun Che stood and walked out of the cave.

The rain did not stop and was as heavy as before. As it was close tonight, Yun Che started working on the dinner.

Cang Yue soon joined Yun Che with the cooking and it was completed. Chu Yuechan kept looking at them from the side remaining silent. From time to time, she inhaled the pleasant aroma and can't wait to taste it but was too embarrassed to ask.

The dinner was then set up nearer to Chu Yuechan as she was still weak and couldn't move.

Chu Yuechan took her share and took her first bite while Yun Che and Cang Yue were looking curious at her hoping to get a reaction from her. There was a momentary pause and Chu Yuechan resumed her eating all the while maintaining her cold and stoic expression on the outside.

Thanks to her cultivating Frozen Heart Arts, Chu Yuechan could somehow resist letting any sound out but only she knew how tough it was the whole time...

Cang Yue wanted to exchange turns with Yun Che but with Chu Yuechan's presence, she refrained from doing that.

"Senior Sister, You are recuperating fine. It will take 3 days at most for Senior Sister to get back to her full health," said Cang Yue.

Usually, it wouldn't take much time to recover but as Chu Yuechan's Frozen Heart Arts were not as effective as before, it would take much longer.

"I'll have to trouble you these few days, then," said Chu Yuechan.

Even though the voice sounded a bit icy, it was the warmest tone she could muster up at present. With her condition, surviving alone in a place full of profound beasts is alike to heading to death. She could use the Frozen Cloud Bead to defend herself only for a short amount of time.

If at all, Cang Yue and Yun Che were in a difficult situation, she decided to use it at least to repay for what they had done. As the duo already ventured deep inside there would be no turning back now.

Cang Yue was surprised to see Chu Yuechan herself initiating to stay with them and agreed.

The next few days, Chu Yuechan was slowly recovering her profound energy while helping Cang Yue in her training. She knew a thing or two about using short swords and kept instructing her as an elder.

The Phoenix training continued in the evening with Yun Che instructing her and comprehending the other stages by himself.

These days were peaceful for the trio even though they were staying in the Wasteland of Death where everyone feared to set foot.

Chu Yuechan didn't understand the reason why the profound beasts never attacked them though. It's because, with Yun Che killing numerous profound beasts, his aura turned into a wild one which other beasts didn't dare approach.

When Chu Yuechan first saw Yun Che's appearance in broad daylight, she was dumbstruck but quickly reverted back. They didn't grow that closer but their conversations weren't that awkward either. She spoke five words at most and Yun Che didn't bother as he was well-aware of the restrictions they were imposed.

At last, the day came when Chu Yuechan completed her recuperation. Actually, she recovered much earlier but postponed her departure as she wanted to spend her time with them. These few days felt like an eternity which she didn't want to end.

Returning back to her Sect will once again be the start of the cultivation schedule. Even as reluctant as she was, she had to do it. But she was hopeful of meeting the duo in the Blue Wind Tournament soon enough.

2