Annulling Marriage Contract II
247 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Xiao Lei's Courtyard)


Xiao Lei taking a brief pause, lifted his gaze from the table, squinting at Xia Hongyi who stood near the entrance.

Xia Hongyi's eyes darted, stopped for a while at Yun Che, then once again stayed at Cang Yue. Her dignity which she exuded was similar to a royal which surprised him a little. It was something that even his own daughter, Qingyue lacked.

'Is she the new bride of Xiao Che?' he thought.

He walked to the dining table taking short steps where everyone has already sat ready to dine.

"Greetings, Father," Hongyi greeted bending his waist as a sign of respect to Xiao Lei who was a fatherly figure to him. It was because Xiao Lei usually treated him the same way he treated his own son Xiao Ying as they were sworn brothers in the past.

Yun Che and Cang Yue stood up, as juniors, and greeted the uninvited guest to which Hongyi greeted back.

Xiao Lei gave a nod in acknowledgment and directed his gaze at the empty seat next to him gesturing Xia Hongyi to sit down.

"Looks like you've been through a lot, Son.." Giving a light tap to Yun Che's shoulder, Hongyi walked to the seat and said.

Xia Hongyi comfortably sat down in the chair while Cang Yue served him a new bowl which he was eager to taste as the aroma was already filled in the entire room the time he stepped inside.

Taking a bite, he was dumbstruck and left with no words to describe how it tasted. It kind of reminded him of the days his wife has personally tried cooking it for him, and tears formed at the corner of his eyes which he wiped off.

'But these dishes were a lot better than those.' he thought.

Cang Yue leaned closer to Yun Che and asked.

"Brother Che, who's this?"

"hmm... my father-in-law," answered Yun Che disinterestedly and continued to have his lunch.

'Huh?..' Cang Yue was nonplussed but looking at Yun Che's lack of interest to explain further, she didn't emphasize over it, added more share on Yun Che's bowl, and furrowed her brows paying close attention to her Grandpa's side curious to find out more details.

Xia Hongyi was busily munching over his own food but half-way through eating, he suddenly remembered the purpose of his arrival.

"Father, It's been a while since we had a talk together," Xia Hongyi said trying to ease the atmosphere between them. Since he came to know the news of his daughter's departure, it was his first time to meet Xiao Lei, hence the untimely meeting was a little awkward.

"What is it?" asked Xiao Lei impassively, his gaze fixated on the bowl.

"...It's... regarding my daughter,"

"What's there to talk?"

Came a sudden hoarse reply along with Xiao Lei shifting his eyes to Xia Hongyi. The pair of eyes looked as if boundless anger is contained within them, but at the same time, something restricting it from the brim of exploding.

"Father, I'm at fault here, I know it's rude of my daughter to leave. But as a father, I can't stand against my daughter's ambitions. This marriage is one of them. I hope Father understands," Xia Hongyi said trying hard to maintain his composure. He was always calm and composed but with Xiao Lei beside him, he was tensed and wiped off the excess sweat oozing out from his temples.

He was prepared to cut all ties with Xiao Clan the day Qingyue left with her Master. And he didn't regret it. If it could be for the better of his daughter, what much can he ask for?

"I don't understand.." said Xiao Lei faintly closing his eyes, his words carrying a heaviness along with it.

"It might be that my age is catching up... But I still don't understand any of it," he said.

"Father, It's true that I kept the details of Qingyue being selected as a disciple in the prestigious Frozen Cloud Asgard a secret but it was in no way meant to deceive you," Hongyi's voice turned a little louder as he replied desperately.

He was distressed hiding it from Xiao Lei all the while, but revealing it now made his heart a tad bit lighter. Yun Che, by the side, raised an eyebrow but quickly waved it off. While Cang Yue was surprised to hear about someone being Frozen Cloud Asgard's disciple and wanted to know more.

"Haha...." Xiao Lei snickered. "You speak so highly of your love for your daughter. Then what about my love for my grandson?"

"....." Hongyi remained silent.

"It might be that the marriage contract is something done hastily, but everything lied in your very own hands... You could reject it at any time.."

"F-Father, It is for what Brother Ying had done... I can't..."

"It was nothing more than a joke." Xiao Lei said with a cracked voice.

"It was just a facade for you to repay for what my son had done. A contract just in paper with no value. If you, yourself, came to me, saying Qingyue wasn't interested in marrying my grandson, I wouldn't bother and cancel it right away. But you didn't."

"It was a marriage in the name. And you think you're done with it?" questioned Xiao Lei.

Xia Hongyi had no reply to answer and sat there with slumped shoulders, lowering his head in guilt. He wanted to reason with Xiao Lei but couldn't.

"Che'er, do you take Qingyue as your wife?" asked Xiao Lei turning to Yun Che.

[System requests Host to kindly think over the decision]

[Host may receive some benefits by accepting the deal]

The System which was dormant for a while, informed.

"No, Grandpa," said Yun Che without a trace of hesitation resuming his lunch. From day one, he didn't want to put up with Qingyue and with his Grandpa giving him a choice for him, he can't help but refuse.

For him, someone like Qingyue who puts her own cultivation in the highest regard, he was the last person to take interest in her. Aside from their marriage, there was practically nothing that was binding them together. And he wanted to get over with it fast.

Xiao Lei and Cang Yue had a smile on their face when they heard that. Cang Yue now understood more or less about how Qingyue was as Yun Che's wife. But she was also puzzled as to why she would treat Yun Che so low.

"N-No, Father, T-That is something I promised Brother Ying. I can't go back on my words now." Hongyi said gloomily.

"Disannuling this marriage isn't going against any promises." Xiao Lei said. "Because Xiao Che is only my grandson but isn't Ying'er's son. This marriage is invalid from the start." Xiao Lei revealed.

"W-What?"

Not only Xia Hongyi but even Yun Che and Cang Yue's eyes widened a little by the sudden revelation.

2