The Crystal Apocalypse – Prologue
131 6 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Hello everyone :D ! I am completely new to this site and decided to try to write something. I have literally no plan at all for this series, so we'll see how it goes lol. If you guys enjoy it, please leave a comment! It'll really help me keep my motivation to keep writing :D. I hope you all enjoy the ride! 

P.S: This Prologue is different than the synopsis! Extremely important stuff is added throughout it, so make sure you don't skip it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like usual, it was pitch black by the time Jimmy left his internship in the city. Though he was only 19, his body was completely sore from his colossal workload. It was a few months since he added this internship into his already busy schedule filled with classes and a part-time job. Despite the stress, Jimmy pushed himself to the limit day in and day out.

He began his hour-long drive from the outskirts of the city to the suburbs while utterly exhausted like usual. Feeling his eyes betray him, Jimmy turned on the radio in an effort to keep focus. With small woods on both sides of him, Jimmy continued his journey home down the dark, quiet road.

The moment the clock struck midnight, the music cut out and harsh static took its place. Perhaps due to his fatigue, Jimmy did not flinch at the sudden change and instead glanced down, fiddling with the dial out of confusion.

THUMP!

Jimmy jolted forward and slammed on the breaks; a burst of adrenaline rushed through him, making his exhaustion seem like a facade.

"Oh no, please tell me that was not a person!" he prayed as he ran out of his car to inspect what he hit.

His heart stopped when he saw a human-like shape sprawled out on the road behind him. Wasting no time, Jimmy rushed over to check if the person was still alive, only to stop a few feet before reaching it. The figure was not a human. Its skin was nearly as dark as the night around them with thick muscles and gross tendons all over its body. Its face was the most obvious giveaway, with razor-sharp fangs and pitch-black eyes situated on an oddly-shaped skull.

Without hesitation, Jimmy dashed towards his car only to trip over a black crystal about the size of his palm. A strange attraction to the crystal caused him to snatch it off the ground, but he was already back to the car before he had a chance to inspect it. Slamming on the gas, Jimmy dropped the crystal on his lap using his now free hand to call the police.

No connection.

Jimmy tossed his phone onto the passenger seat and picked up the crystal in its place. Stressed out over what just occurred, Jimmy unconsciously strengthened his grip on the crystal, which then shattered into thousands of glowing particles that were absorbed into his hand.

A weird feeling of power surged through his body, masking the shock and confusion that clouded his mind.

 

[ Crystal User Registration Requested ]

 

"What the heck!?"

The startle from the robotic voice that suddenly spoke inside Jimmy's mind nearly caused him to veer offroad.

 

[ Registration Complete. Sector 179 Registration Number: 001 ]
[ First Registration in Sector 179 Detected. First Registration Bonus will be applied shortly]

 

A wave of drowsiness suddenly washed over Jimmy, leaving him no choice but to pull over.

 

[ First Registration Bonus confirmed. Title The First has been granted. ]

 

Jimmy could hardly pay attention to the voice as his mind began to fog up. He turned off his car and locked his doors knowing he wouldn't last much longer.

 

[ 5,000 bonus Crystal Points have been awarded. ]

[ Crystal User has gained the Tier III ability Elemental Shield. ]

[ First Registration Bonus applied. Crystal User has gained the special ability: Crystal Drainage. ]

 

What's even going on? Is this some sort of weird dream? I'm already at home asleep, right?

Jimmy took deep breaths in an attempt to calm himself down and stay focused. 

 

[ Crystal Evolution is necessary for abilities to be granted. Crystal Users will be rendered unconscious during the process. Would you like to undergo Crystal Evolution now?]

 

"No-"

 

[ Decision overruled. Crystal Evolution will now commence. ]

 

Oi, why even give me the choice if you were just-

 

Jimmy's thoughts got cut short as he was hit with an overwhelming wave of fatigue. With no chance of resisting, everything around him quickly faded to black and Jimmy fell limp back against his seat. 

 

6