Prologue 1
115 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The night was high with the full moons hovering in the sky. My Master woke up from her light sleep with her wife beside her, slumbering peacefully. Although they've had their differences and just went through a rough patch for the past decade, there's nothing my Master wouldn't do for her wife. Heck, she would even 'die' for her if she wanted to.

 

My mistress' flowing black hair laid behind her, exposing her unblemished nape. Her petit body snuggly fit on my Master's side which made anyone who looks at her want to protect her. Including me of course. My Master pushed back a stray hair from my mistress' face to the back of her ear that warranted a lazy moan coming from my mistress' mouth as she shifted her body for a more comfortable position.

 

'Ahh. . . I wouldn't think twice in burning down kingdoms for your smile. . .'

 

My Master thought aloud. My Master has already burned down three kingdoms and an empire for my mistress throughout their relationship. That goes to show just how obsessed my Master is with her wife.

 

She planted a soft kiss on her wife's forehead before slipping out of the bed, careful not to wake my mistress up. She picked up a hair tie on the bedside table and tied her hair to a ponytail before standing up, exposing her scarred right eye - that no healing magic in existence could heal and return her sight - preventing her from opening it. She heads to the balcony inside their room while stretching her bare body, basking her scarred torso under the moonlight.

 

She looked at the distance, observing the glistening lights of our city, her empire. The still night, the gentle blow of the wind, the lively creatures on the streets.

 

It looks so peaceful. . .

 

No one would think her empire to be Hell's incarnate just by looking at this scene. How ironic.

 

'Fetch me a drink.'

 

My Master commanded, which I happily obliged. The shadow I resided in below my Master's feet trembled slightly. I exited the shadow from behind, slithering across the floor towards a table where the alcohol was. I manifested outside my shadow, rising from the floor, towering the table. Protruding my arms from the side, I picked up the glass bottle and poured my Master a glass of brandy. It's her favorite drink, especially now that she's able to taste it.

 

I smile a little despite not wearing my face and slither back to my Master with her drink at hand, which she received with her stone arm. Even though it's been over a millennium, she still kept the arm she used when we met.

 

She leaned forward, resting her arms on the ledge, and took a sip from her drink, looking ahead at nothing in particular. She's probably lost in her thoughts again.

 

My Master has been doing this a lot lately. Staring at nowhere while getting lost in her own world, a world I can never enter despite sharing her soul. I wonder when the changes began. . .

 

With a melancholic smile, she knocked back the brandy in one go before handing the empty glass back to me.

 

Another drink?

 

I asked while receiving the glass. She shook her head and straightened herself before heading back inside. I knew she would leave the room but she went straight to bed instead. My Master sat on the edge of the bed beside her lovely wife. My Master would always return to her every single time. No matter where we headed, regardless of how long, I would always find her returning to my mistress' side.

 

I liked that about them, the love they have for each other. Although I can't determine how much my mistress loves my Master, I could feel the overflowing affection my Master has towards her wife, and I could see just how much my mistress cares for my Master as well.

 

Even though my Master's the strongest undead and considered as the most powerful demon emperor, her love for her wife would say otherwise. She was both the weakest and the strongest with her wife by her side.

 

'My beautiful wife. . . My precious Queen. . .
I would snatch and bottle up dimensions for your sake. . . All you have to do it will it. . .'

 

I would hear my Master's thoughts towards my mistress once in a while, and it would always be filled with loving words and endearment. I know it isn't fit for something like me to envy love, but seeing them makes me wonder if there would be a time where my Master would look at me the same way. . .

 

After a few moments, she got up once more and headed outside. Rows of creatures waited on both sides of the hallway, bowing a perfect 45 degrees upon seeing my Master exit the room. A butler - who had neatly kept silver hair and traditional butler uniform - offered my master a folded black robe with red accents neatly placed across his hands without breaking his bow. She took the robe, wore it regally before heading down the hallway, not sparing the rest of the attendants a glance.

 

"I'll be in my study." She declared while walking, ignoring the butler's affirmation.

 

Halfway down the hallway, two creatures landed behind my Master out of nowhere and walked with us. A woman with long and messy purple hair, wearing black and purple draconic armor, and a man with short deep blue hair wearing a gas mask that covers his face and a dark green long robe covering his entire body.

 

"Wait outside." She commanded as we reached the doors of my Master's study. They both stopped on their tracks, bowed, and disappeared like thin air once again. She then enters the study and headed straight to the table with stacked documents and folders. She activated the small trinket at the corner of the table which created multiple holographic screens hovering in the air.

 

We spent a few hours in silence as my Master continues to work on the documents, dutifully fulfilling her duties as a ruler as she has done these past few days. Not bearing the deafening silence anymore, I finally let my thoughts be heard.

 

You've been awfully quiet these days. It's creeping me out.

 

'Because there's nothing to talk about. It's the same thing for the past seven centuries; the world banding together to destroy Tenebris Empire and bring me down, what else is different?'

 

Then. . . . Then what about the hero? Or we can talk about the situation here in Ekron? I don't know. Let's just talk about something, anything! I'm not used to you keeping things to yourself.

 

My Master was silent for a while, looking over the document that contained the Technology Advancement Department's petition to increase their number of live experimental subjects for their research. More like a bunch of torture-loving geezers if you ask me.

 

'The hero is nothing but a kid. I've lived for more than a millennia and they keep on sending me greenhorns despite knowing the gap and expect them to eliminate me. Not even the rulers of Akhasia, Genovia, and Orto would be able to ensure their lives if they decided to put me down. Plus, the spies we planted all over the world have already taken root so deep that they've formed their own organizations. Those younglings have their own problems to deal with rather than spare us some thought.'

 

But rumors are going around, vile rumors saying that the TA, MR, and Bio E departments are colluding to create something powerful enough to match your prowess. Even if those countries are across the world and are too busy dealing with their own problems, once they get wind of how the Tenebris Empire itself is close to successfully create something remotely like you, they'll come and rain down on us the first chance they'll get.

 

'I know, my wife is personally handling it. She offered her services herself when she heard the news. She even said that it was the perfect opportunity to bring about the rightful change to the world. Once it's complete, I can finally take the world for my own, and who knows? I'll reach divinity once I do.'

 

I internally chuckle at the words of my Master. That indeed sounded very much like her. After our conversation, she continued back to her work until the sun rose, dyeing the empire of its light. There was a time during the empire's construction where my Master and I discussed erecting a weather barrier to prevent sunlight from reaching the empire in consideration of my Master's undead, but my mistress voted against it due to vegetation issues, hence its absence today. There was no way my Master would say no to her wife.

 

As the light reached the office, coloring its dim interior with its light, my Master looked outside, chuckling to herself with a slight shake of her head with a solemn smile.

 

What a beautiful day to be alive. . .

 


 

The day went on without anything significant occurring. Both my Master and mistress ate breakfast with the rest of the 'family. They spent most of the day together. It's been a long time since my mistress went with my Master as she does her business for the day, and of course, being who my Master is, she spent her day spoiling her wife instead of her duties as Tenebris' ruler.

 

Another night came and while the 'family' was eating dinner in the grand room, a servant approached the table, saying that she had something to report to my mistress and was asking for permission to do so. We were all curious about what it was but my Master just allowed her wife to do whatever she wanted. It's not like she would have the guts to deprive my mistress of anything. My mistress stood from her seat and followed the servant while the rest of the family continued their meal.

 

My master looked at the retreating figure of my mistress. I couldn't understand why she was looking at her wife like that, a look that was sorrowful with a tinge of resignation yet full of love and affection. They were a happy couple leading a bountiful land. What would my Master be sorrowful about? She would still be happy even if the world burned as long as she was with her wife, and it's not like death would ever be a threat to my Master, his wife, or the rest of the 'family' for that matter.

 

After a few minutes, my mistress returned, announcing that the device that would allow my Master to achieve her dreams is finally complete. I suppose the rumors are indeed true and that my Master was right in leaving it to her wife's hands.

 

She invited the entire family to head to the other room to see the device. She boasted happily that although it took some time to complete it, it was still better than its initial expectations. My mistress' happy actions caused a smile to form on my master's face, but she still had the same look in her eyes. She may be able to hide it perfectly from the others but it's near impossible for her to hide her emotions from me. I knew full well how she's currently feeling, but I didn't understand any of it.

 

The room was filled with numerous other weapons strategically placed to look like a museum. Each weapon looked powerful, artistic even. Each member had their jaw dropped upon laying their eyes on each weapon. My mistress said that each one was designed for the members of the family and that they should look for theirs, which they happily obliged.

 

The members stood by their chosen weapons, looking at my mistress leading my Master to the center of the room where a pair of daggers were positioned on a podium. It looked majestic, perfect for my Master. They looked like they were made to be wielded by her.

 

Seeing that my mistress has picked up the daggers, the rest of the 'family' had picked up theirs, gawking at their weapons, hungry to test them out. My mistress on the other hand looked at the daggers and offered them to my Master. My master was surprised at the offer which only lasted for a second.

 

'Ahh. . .'

 

I could hear my Master's thoughts; sorrow, resignation, content, love, pity, regret, affection. . . It was a whirlwind of emotions. I didn't understand any of it. Why would she feel this negativity? Shouldn't my Master be happy about these weapons? She can finally take over the world and reach divinity. Isn't this what she meant by being alive despite being undead?

 

My Master reached out to receive the daggers, but before she could, my mistress plunged a dagger into my Master's core, shaking the entire empire.

 

I couldn't believe what was happening, my mistress just stabbed my Master in the core. My mistress stabbed my Master!

 

I can't react properly, why? Why can't I save my Master? Why did my mistress stab my Master? How dare she raise her hand against my Master?! HOW DARE THESE LOWLY VERMIN AIM A WEAPON TOWARDS MY MASTER?! AGGHHH!

 

No matter what I did, I couldn't leave my Master's shadow, why?! Even the members of the family were dumbstruck at the scene.

 

A dagger plunged in my Master's core with its ends protruding from my Master's back. My mistress wouldn't even look at my Master in the eye. WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!

 

MOVE YOU ASSHOLES! YOUR MASTER IS IN DANGER! YOUR MISTRESS RAISED HER HAND ON YOUR MASTER! KILL HER!

 

My master was looking at this bitch with such loving eyes, no more sorrow, no more resignation, no more regret, no more pity. . . Just overwhelming love and acceptance. . . Why? Why?! WHY?!

 

Why? Why are your emotions calm Master, why do you keep saying you love her?! She's murdering you! She's putting you down! Why aren't you doing anything?! Why are you preventing me and the family from rescuing you?! WHY ARE YOU PROTECTING HER!

 

MAAASTEEEER!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

Heyy, so this is my main story. This is actually connected with my side story 'The Gigolette's Rulebook to Survive the Fantasy World' in a sense that the MC is the same but at the same time not? Haha, but it's not a spoiler or something since they don't really affect each other that much, and that both stories can be read independently.

Thank you so much for reading!

Don't forget to check out my website nihilumcreations.wordpress.com where I mainly post my stuff.

2