Chapter 9
64 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I don’t know how long it has been. Ever since I said yes to that annoying voice, I’ve just been here, staring at a black hole in this infinitely white open space. No matter how I can’t get this freaking black hole out of my sight. After a few hours, I gave up. I slumped onto the floor, sighing in exasperation.

 

“Memory scanning completed, changing form suitable to Master preference. Exiting mind space in 3, 2, 1.” A mechanical voice popped up out of nowhere before the black hole ate me whole.

 

“…ru, Eru, Eru.” When I woke up, the worried face of my mother greets me. “I’m alright, mom.” I tried to stand up, but my body wobbly fall down. My mom catches me by the arm, “No, you’re not. You need to rest more.” She said while bringing me to my bed.

 

“Thanks, mom.” I gently said to my mother. “Your welcome. Now, rest and don’t even try to train tonight; I’ll know.” She threatens gently with a smile. I could only smile wryly; she knew me too well.

 

I lay back down on my bed, trying to get some sleep. Just as I’m about to close my eyes, a familiar mechanical voice popped up out of nowhere

 

“System Initiating, Welcome Master”

 

“Wha…?” surprised, I jumped off my bed, but with my body still sluggish, I tripped out of my own feet. “Ouch.” While rubbing my back, I tried to stand up. “Who are you?”

 

“I am a Fate Master helper. If going by your memories, I would be like an AI designed to guide a Fate Master to grow. Your predecessors, #%#$@&#$, make me to assists his successors.” The mechanical voice explains

 

“???”

 

“Ah, you’re not sufficiently strong enough to know your predecessor’s name. I’m sorry, Master.”

 

“Not strong enough…. Not strong enough….” I mumbled it a few times. “I’ve had it. First, my dad, now you.” I said irritably. I drew a long breath calming myself down, “Fine, so, what is a Fate Master? I remember before I was sent to that weird space, that annoying voice said something about Fate Master.”

 

“Fate Master is someone who can control their own fate and influence the fate of others.” The mechanical voice said. It added, “Only someone who defies their own fate and survives can become a Fate Master.”

 

“Someone who defies their own fate and survives? I’m not that, am I?”

 

“You are one, my master. I’ve seen your memories. You’ve died and brought back to life.”

 

My eyes widen in surprise. “How do you…. Wait, see my memories?”

 

“Yes. It’s a necessary process for a Fate Helper like me.” The mechanical voice explained. “As such, I found the best way to help you grown as a Fate Master.” A strange blue window appeared in front of me.

 

“Now way…. Is this a status window?” Amazed, I scroll along the status window and found that the window in front of me is similar to a really old MMORPG I used to play a lot.

 

“Yes. Every Fate Master has a system unique for them. For you master, status windows represent power in your mind, so I adjusted.”

 

“Then, for now on, can I call you System?”

 

“Yes, I’m called System for the time being.”

 

“What can you do?”

 

It began to explain all the complicated functions it had, but it was like the old MMORPG I used to play, Card Masters. It wasn’t a popular game; in fact, being a worldwide MMORPG, the player base was tiny.

 

Basically, battling requires the use of cards. There are three kinds of card, World Card, Summons Card and Spell Card. World Card is a field type of card which you use to generate resources. Summons Card is divided into two, Equipment Card and Champion Card. While the Spell Card is, well, spells, magic you can cast if you have the resources.

 

Resources are split into two different types. Neutral Resources can be used for everything. It is also the resources that a player gains from the start and the resources that can regenerate without the World Card. The rates vary; of course, it depends on how strong you are as a Card Masters. Then there are Elemental Resources. This, by itself, is divided into six; Light, Dark, Fire, Water, Earth, and Wind. They need a World Card to generate, and it is generally better for players to use Elemental Resources for their summons, as it is cheaper than when players use Neutral Resources.

 

To get new cards, you need to have a blank card. Blank Card can be found outside when you’re adventuring or whenever you level up. Whenever you defeat a monster or finds some rare treasure, you can use a blank card to trap it inside. It will then automatically determined whether it is a World Card or a Summon Card. Spell Card is a little different, as you need to get hit by an enemy spell for the blank card to register it.

 

The system version is a bit different from the game. Instead of levelling up, it has Fate Points. To gain Fate Points, the system explains either I gather experience from training or a quest that the system will provide.

 

Hooh, living 16 years in this world, finally I get a system. It’s like I’m living in a web novel someone wrote. Haha, I’m really excited now. I lay back down to my bed. Looking at the ceiling of my bedroom, I clenched my fist in excitement. “I will become strong.” I declared wholeheartedly.

3