Chapter 13
41 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days have passed since the kidnapping incident. Right now, I’m walking east, heading to my next destination, Aeolus City. I tried to find a carriage, but they all refused. They said that there’s a monster blocking the way, a giant Rock Serpent. Lo, and behold, as soon as I heard that, the system gave me a quest.

 

*DING*

QUEST AVAILABLE

Kill the giant Rock Serpent. Because of it, people going and coming into the city were blocked. Paved the way for the.

QUEST REWARD: 15 Fate Points

QUEST PENALTY: Become paralysed for a week

*DING*

 

Damn system. Why did it jump out from a day to a week? With no choice but to accept, I then bought a map from the general store nearby before proceeding on my journey. Now, here I am, on the way to Aeolus City, walking.

 

Then, when I finally arrived near Aeolus Great Bridge, I see my quest. A giant, and I mean, GIANT Onyx, lay before me, asleep. How can a rock serpent grow this big? I look at my own arsenal and thought, ‘No way I’m going to do this alone.’ Ordinary Rock Serpents’ weaknesses are either water magic to soften the skin or blunt force weapon, which I don’t have neither, but still can kill using brute force. I doubt I can dent even his skin right now with my meagre 1st Grade Aura.

 

I turn around, trying to leave, but like a detector, the rock serpent opens its eye. The giant rock serpent head moves left and right, discerning me. I tried not to move as to not alarm it, then all of a sudden, it roar. It was so loud even the ground is shaking. I drew my sword, preparing to fight. After roaring, it launched itself at me, ramming me over the trees. The sword I used broke from the sheer force of its rammed.

 

I’m not giving up, “OPEN SPELL, use NR, 3rd Circle Spell, EXPLOSION!”

 

It flings around, roaring in pain after receiving my attack. As I’m still on its head, however, I tried my best to hang on. I tried to use explosion again, but the system told me I had insufficient NR. Fuck me, now I’m in deep shit. It continues to flings around before finally succeeding in tossing me from its head.

 

It flung me far enough into the ravine bellow Aeolus Great Bridge. I tried grabbing on to anything I can, but my hands just slip through. Is this it? Is this my end? I thought as I fall deeper into the ravine.

 

===

 

“There it is, young miss. We found it.” A curvy blond elf said, pointing to an ancient stone gate. “Slow down, Di. Remember, we’re not elves.” A middle-aged man, wearing heavy armour while having a strap greatsword in his back, grumpily said. He walks carefully through the forest while gently leading a red-haired woman, “Be careful, miss.” He gently supports her with his hand.

 

“I’m alright, Duncan,” said the red-haired woman, “Where is it, Diane?” she asks, carefully watching where she steps. “It’s right over here, miss Davida,” the cheerful elves cheerfully said. Davida and Duncan arrived at Diane location and couldn’t help to be amazed. “Wow. It’s beautiful.”

 

The ancient stone gate, although it is ancient, it’s a historical marvel. Its exquisite pattern, coupled with the vegetation that encircles it and where it’s located. One must wonder how on earth that this place hasn’t been discovered yet. 

 

“Now, how do we open this?” Davida pondered. They then tried all sorts of things to open the ancient stone gate. Alas, the ancient stone gate wouldn’t budge an inch. Suddenly, the gem on the upper part of the gate lights up brightly before dimming, then it flashes on and off.

 

“What’s going on?” the three of them are puzzled. Then as if by destiny, the sound of a flowing river can be heard by the three of them and what it brought them.

 

“This is….”

===

 

Groaning, I felt pain all over me when I tried to wake up. Struggling to sit, I clutched my chest in pain. While doing that, I discovered bandages neatly wrapped all over me. I also notice that I’m still alive. Thank Vaizeu, it’s a miracle.

 

“I wouldn’t move too much if I were you,” the middle-aged man approaches me with some first-aid kits. “We met back at Boreas, right? I’m Duncan; nice to meet you,” he warmly introduces himself while getting an antiseptic from the firs-aid kit box.

 

“I’m….”

 

“Eru, I know. To think such a young man could become a 1st Grade Aura Master.”

 

“I hide it that bad, huh?”

 

“You noticed?”

 

“Yeah, the examiner said it to me a while ago.”

 

“Hooh,” he calmly smears the antiseptic upon my wounded body, “How did you get hurt this bad?”

 

“A giant rock serpent flung me down from the top of Aeolus Great Bridge. Thanks to you, though, I managed to preserve my life.” I bowed, albeit painfully.

 

“Don’t mention it. It’s only a coincidence, that’s all” Duncan brushes it aside, “But, if you wanted to thank someone, thank my young miss,” he mischievously smiled.

 

“Young miss?”

 

“Come, let’s go.” Duncan helped me stand up before propping me up. We go out of the tent, my eyes almost popped out of my socket. “Davida!?”

 

“Um, hi.” She waved at me shyly before hiding behind a familiar female elf. “Hello young master, I’m Diane, Davida personal servant.” She’s curtsying in front of me.

 

“Young master?”

Diane’s eyes met with Duncan, and they both smile mischievously, “Yeah, young master. Miss Davida likes you so…..”

 

“DIANE!” Davida embarrassedly pushes Diane away with a reddened cheek. “Hahahaha,” Duncan began to laugh, which makes me laugh as well.

 

“Anyway, where are we?” I ask, checking out my surrounding. “One of the 10 forbidden regions in Zephyr, Abyssal Forest,” Duncan said.

 

“Hooh. I always thought the Abyssal Forest would look creepy, but looking at the sight in front of me,” I see the Ancient Stone Gate, “It’s quite beautiful.”

 

“We’re trying to open this gate when you suddenly drift down from the river.” Diane accidentally said before closing her mouth, “Me and my big mouth,” she mumbled.

 

“Really? What’s on the door?” I curiously walk towards the Ancient Stone Gate. “Actually, we’re on a secret mission from Sylphid Special Forces to investigate the forbidden grounds,” Davida explained her group purposes to me. Diane and Duncan’s face fell after what Davida said.

 

“Is it alright to tell him about it, young miss?” Duncan warily asks. Davida just gave him the eye before Duncan give in.

 

Still captivated by the Ancient Stone Gate, I gently touch it. Something happens as soon as I touch it. The gem above glowed brightly, and immediately after that, the Ancient Stone Gate began to slowly open.

 

“Welcome to the trial ground, Fate Master.”

4