Chapter 20
172 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I found myself in another white room. This time, however, I’m with Davida, Duncan and Diane. I looked at Davida, “How are you doing?” I asked. She turned her head towards me before softly speaking, “I’m holding on,” she nodded at me. We chatted for a moment while waiting for the next part.

 

“For this final part, All three of you will control a golem each and guide 4 squads to their objective. You need to work together as the obstacle that the 4 squads would face requires thinking and teamwork.” Unlike before, where I control the golem from a white room, we four are transported inside a golem.

 

I observed my surroundings; seeing my three companions becoming a golem was a strange yet funny experience. I looked down, finding the 4 squads we were supposed to help. They looked like the little green army men toys back on earth, except they don’t have weapons, and their legs aren’t stuck together.

 

“Sooo, what should we do now?” Diane asked the question in everybody’s mind. I shrug my golem shoulders immediately after; we can hear the guardian golem voice, “You will get a minute to observed your surroundings and made plans on how you should proceed. Remember, you must prepare for every situation and use your and your squads' ability to overcome the obstacle and reach the goal.”

 

We four nodded before discussing amongst ourselves. We looked at the terrain ahead; a cave full of stalactite and stalagmite with geyser gushing from below made it difficult to traverse. Maybe our job was to guide and protect them from these natural elements. “Wait, guys, over here,” Diane shouted, calling us to her. “A goblin squad?” Davida curiously asked, “Are they a part of the obstacle as well?”

 

“Might be. We may have to protect the squad from natural elements but also the goblin squad.” Duncan rubbed his chin. “What if we destroy the obstacle now?” Diane suggested. We immediately tried her suggestion, but as if we’re invisible, we cannot hit anything. “This is intriguing. This whole place is intriguing. How did the ancients make this place? Magic technology? If so, can we reach this also someday? But I don’t want it to be someday. I need to figure this out, so exciting!” Me, Duncan, and Diane slapped our golem head; Davida’s switch has been flipped on.

 

Not long after, we were transported by another white light to our original position. “The last and final part of the Giant Stone Tablet will begin in 3, 2, 1. Good luck,” the golem swiftly disappeared, leaving us with the 4 squads that looked at us blankly, without emotions. “Shall we start?”

 

===

 

We finally come across our first obstacle. The goblin squad from earlier blocked our squads in their path. “Battle commences”, an unknown voice reverberated in our head. Then, a HUD appears right in front of my eyes, containing the information of my squads. With a bar above me, showing me and my companions face together with the goblin squad face.

 

Wait, is this like JRPG? Is it isn’t it? While I’m excited, Duncan, Davida and Diane stood dumbfounded. “What is this?” Davida asked, “Amazing, there are floating words in front of me. What does this do? Status? Turns? How does this all works?” Her switch turned on again.

 

“Focus”, I shouted, “I somewhat know what this all means. I’ll explain as we go.” I said while the goblin squads have their turns. They attack Diane’s squad as her squad’s HP went down. “Arrgghh,” Diane shouted in pain. “Diane, what’s wrong?” Duncan concernedly asked. “It’s because she loses HP. Look at your picture on the bottom left. Can you see the green bar? That’s your HP, short for Health Point. You’ll die if it’s depleted.” I explained.

 

“I see.” Davida nodded in understanding, “I’m assuming the blue bar below is related to this magic under the attack command?”

 

“Yes. It stands Mana Points. You need it to cast your magic, or, in my case, skills.”

 

“Interesting,” Davida rubbed her golem chin before trying something for her turn, “I select magic, cast fireball.” Her squads point their hands up as a fireball formed in the air. They put their hands forward immediately after; the fireball was launched at the enemy, damaging them, but it’s not enough to kill them. Instead, their HP goes down to about one-fourth.

“I presume the red bar was the enemy HP?”

 

“Yes, we need to deal until their HP was depleted. But be careful; any single mistake can be fatal.”

 

“Right”

 

===

 

After killing our first goblin squads, we led our squads to the designated spot. A red arrow pointing towards it helped; otherwise, the random encounters and traps were problems. Somehow, we managed to reach the area near our final destination. The room before us had a giant steel door. I bet beyond there, a boss monster awaited us.

 

“Be careful.” Duncan warned, “Something held by an enormous steel door will not be easy.” I’m surprised, didn’t think that someone knew about the final boss aside from me. As expected from a veteran. We checked our squads status; although my squads have full MP, my HP was not looking good. Duncan lost about a fourth of his health while his MP was still full, while Davida HP and MP was almost empty. For some reason, she became the target of attack often. Diane still had her full HP and MP. We gave every restorative item to Diane because she had a healing skill, evident by her real abilities as the former priestess of Vaizeu.

 

We readied ourselves by using HP and MP items and buff item on our squads. I looked towards my companions, nodding, “Are you guys ready?”. They replied by nodding back at me, “Let’s go!” I use my big golem hands to open the steel door.

1