Prologue
90 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night sky is adorned with stars, and the glimmering moonlight. The light shines upon the land below, known as Gensokyo.

The moon's light were outshined by the light of a dozen lit torchwood, all being held by villagers of a small settlement.

This settlement has only been known as the Human Village, and had no other real name... It is the only settlement that is safe for groups of humans to live in Gensokyo.

All of them marched towards the center of the village, where then they started to pray to whom they worshipped.

They never noticed one of them being dragged away into one of the alleyways behind the houses of the village, who was then met with several chops of an axe.

The chopped man's mouth still moved, and it opens as he made a low growling noise, staring at a figure approaching him slowly. The figure stepped on his body, and pointed a wand right through his head before the sounds of blood splattering is heard throughout the night.


I try to open my eyes, but they feel heavy. All that I hear is the sound of wheels rolling across the floor beneath me, and all that I felt is emptiness, and comfort from where I am lying on.

My consciousness decided to let itself fade, and all went black and quiet.

When I opened my eyes again, I looked to see several Youkai Rabbits, all of them with medical utensils on their hands beginning to probe my body.

Slowly I drifted back into sleep, and when I wake up I find myself lying on a soft white bed, typical of a hospital's.

The only light present in the room is the dim sunlight that went through the window. I opened it to see that it is dusk, and I am presumably at Eientei, the Mansion of The Immortal Lunar Princess Houraisan Kaguya. However something is amiss.

It is quiet, too quiet in fact.

I looked down to see me in a white, skimpy patient gown that exposed my cleavage, and showcasing my thighs. My blonde hair is still braided, why didn't they bother to unbraid it during whatever they do to me?

And what exactly happened to me, so bad that I was brought here? Have I been hit with an accident?

I try to recall what happened. I was at the Library at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, borrowing an ornate tome from Patchy. I got away scott-free like usual, which is strange because I didn't see that Ice Fairy trying to stop me along the way, and I went home to open it.

And upon opening it, I don't remember anything else. Now I am here, alone in a hospital room.

I walked over to the bedside table, to see a small cup of presumably water, and I took a sip from it.

Upon tasting the liquid on my tongue, I quickly spat it out due to the strange taste. It tasted metallic... What on earth?

"Hey! Nurse! I need some help! Anyone!?"

I shouted at the top of my lungs, but there is no reply, just total silence filled the air. Slowly, I walked over to the door leading outside, and exited the room.

I find myself in a long hallway, one that I remembered during my time here with Reimu trying to solve the Incident of an Imperishable Night, or so it was called.

"Hello?" I greeted to the empty hallway, which is shrouded in darkness, only lit by rows of candles hung near the patient room doors.

I turned right, since I remember that it's the way towards the front desk.

The floor beneath me creaked with each step I take, which is obvious considering how long did this building stand here. However I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard something.

I hear sounds of liquid and splattering. Slowly, I tiptoed over to the source, which is behind the front desk, and I was met with a horrid sight.

In front of me, is neither a man nor Youkai. It resembles more of a wolf but with a humanoid body, with all those black fur covering him, I can guess that this is a werewolf. But that's strange, it's dusk, and the full moon isn't yet out, why would there be a werewolf be here?

It stopped devouring what seems to be one of the staff, one of those rabbits in their pink dresses, but her face has no features other than a single huge gaping hole. No face, no eyes, or even a nose... Just a hole.

It turned it's sights at me, and growled lowly.

"Good doggy... Good doggy..." I tried to calm it down, as my body trembles in fear because of the fact that I am unarmed and all.

And in an instant, the beast then doubled over to me on all fours, pouncing me over to the ground, it's hands pinning my own, before it then sank it's sharp fangs into my neck, as I scream in agony, and try to kick it off but to no avail.

I felt my strength leaving me as I see the beast tears off my jugular, before bending over to rip off my stomach, and pulling out my innards. Blood begins to splatter all around the floor, as I felt my consciousness fading away.

- To Be Continued

2