Magus’ Nightmare
19 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up, finding myself in... I don't even know how to explain where I am. I see my home, the human village, the Scarlet Devil Mansion, even Eientei all jumbled up in front of me. However standing tall in front of me is the Moriya Shrine's main building. There is a lone lamppost standing beside me, however it crumbles when I touched the lantern attached to it's post. It fell to the ground, and lit up in a black light.

"Ah... You! You're trapped in here as well, do you!?"

I looked up to see a girl with angelic wings and short blue hair who looked familiar. She resembles that Ice Fairy who lived near the Lake.

"Cirno?"

"Oh, pardon me! Who's Cirno? I am not whoever this person you are referring to. I am Mai, one of the magicians who came from The Mystic City."

"From Makai? What for?"

"I have heard about a school in Gensokyo that would teach us magic. So me and Yuki went there, but I guess we died because of those beasts scouring the lands. And here I am, still looking for Yuki!"

"Who's Yuki?"

"Yuki's my best bud! She looked a lot like you, but I couldn't find her! However I do fear that she is somewhere inside the shrine. Please, if you are a magician as well, then you can find her! It's simple if you avoid the beasts along the way..."

"Why won't you find her and stop wasting my time?"

"My spirit is bound to this front yard of the nightmare. I couldn't go anywhere beyond it."

I accepted her request, and headed inside the Moriya Shrine building. In front of me is the altar, but there is a large figure sleeping on top of the offering table, looking up to the hole in the ceiling. Another Acolyte Beast.

However she didn't seem to respond, and I went down the secret passage that the altar has. I walked down the stairs, as I pulled out my torch from the magic storage to navigate through the dark.

After reaching the bottom, sure enough I encountered more beasts which I dispatched easily with my broom-spear.

Deeper inside, I managed to find the room with the bookshelves inside to find that the place is ransacked unlike the place in the real world. I used the elevator to go down, and I reached the lowest level of the shrine where I encountered Sanae. However there is no Sanae in here since I already killed her. Instead, I find a skinned remnant of a human girl wearing a witch hat crawling towards the elevator.

"You're Yuki?"

"Ah... Save me... Save us!"

But then the ground shook, I readied my broom-spear and looked up to see a big pair of hands slammed themselves down to the bloodied floor.

"An unsightly beast... A great terror looms, Good Magus! She's coming..."

"Who's coming?"

"Youmu... Youmu the Fallen is coming!"

Another shaking in the ground made me gulp in fear as I raised my torch to see what is in front of me.

And I dropped my torch at the sight. A large creature with pale skin, small breasts and the lower body of a horse. Two human hands are lowering down to the floor making the stance of a crawling wolf, and there is a head on the right side of the body with white rabbit ears, it's mouth spewing out wet, slimy tentacles. The creature raised it's main head, which has white hair, and a blurred out right eye, and a disfigured right side of the face, making it look like a wolf's head while the left side is still human.

Youmu the Fallen

She made an ear-splitting screech upon seeing me. I dropped my torch in fear, and held my broom-spear with both of my hands. This is either life or death, and I must win.

- To Be Continued

2