The End (Ascension)
29 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sniffed. Afterwards, I shook my head in refusal after giving it a thought.

"No, I am not ending my life to leave you here, Master."

"Hehehehe~ My oh my... What was it, Marisa? The Journey? The Blood? Or The Horrible Dream? It doesn't matter."

Slowly, Master rose from her seat, and reaches out for her crescent moon scepter.

"It is up to the Magus' helper to clean up after these sorts of messes..."

The scepter glimmered in moonlight, before a menacing voice speaks, "Tonight, Mima joins the ritual."

I threw my broom-spear which she sidestepped, and it got stuck onto a tree. Afterwards she ran towards me with the scepter with the intention to plunge my flesh with it. I took a step backward and pulled out Roukanken.

The both of us clashed with our weapons, my blade hits the shaft of her scepter that she used to block my attacks, while I deflected her own attacks using the blunt side of the Roukanken.

"Please Marisa, let me free you from this suffering. This is the mercy I'm going to offer."

"I am sorry, Master. I choose my own way now, like how you told me... Before you disappeared!"

I struck down the blade, breaking Master's scepter into two halves. Afterwards, she pulled out an exact replica of the Mini-Hakkero to shoot out several star shaped danmaku. I slashed them down with the Roukanken, and I plunged the blade into Master's heart.

She coughed out, and held the blade that impaled her. She looked at me with widened eyes, symbolizing fear. Something that I have never seen Master felt before.

"No... You shouldn't Marisa! Don't do this!"

"I had to, Mima-Sama... After all, it's for your sake!"

I said as I gave her a reassuring grin, before pulling the blade out and using my Mini-Hakkero, I charged up Master-Spark and shot it. Master is engulfed in it's blast, her silhouette tries to reach out towards me, only to crumble into ashes.

I felt my body froze afterwards, and I turned my gaze to the moon to see a humanoid creature bathed with an unknown color that shines brightly. I find myself unable to move, mesmerized by the creature.

The creature landed down in front of me, and I stood up to walk towards it. It then closed her distance to my body, it's arms wrapping around my entire form and everything went into a bright light of unknown color.

However my body reacted with an explosion of white light, and I raised my Mini-Hakkero towards the creature.

"Sayonara."


The house is no longer set on fire. Alice sets her foot down to the front yard garden, looking around until she sees it.

A slimy tentacled creature, wiggling on the ground.

"Are you cold... Marisa?"

She gave a giggle, before petting the creature as it calms down. It slept in Alice's arms a few moments later.

"...Oh, Good Magus..."

True End (Ascension)

Ascension

2