2; The Stranger, pt. 1
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”So, this is a cafeteria that is just nearby and I will just take you here first, to ensure that you're all safe and not hurt from falling earlier. I'm apologizing again for bumping into you. But I'm pretty sure you aren't hurt anywhere as I checked on you and if you'd let me know, where are you living at, Mr...?"

The mysterious man puts Kyle down to a seating that is not far from where he lived and just lets him sit by his side the whole time. He doesn't even seem to be bothered by the fact Kyle reeks of alcohol but finding it to be all amusing. The mysterious man even smiles and crinkles his eyes as he inspects Kyle's stuttering lips. Kyle, however, struggles to talk the whole time he felt his drunkenness starting to sink inside his brain. His eyes kept being half-lidded the whole time the other male waits for his answer.

"...Residential Area A-6, third floor..." Kyle mutters as his body starts to tremble slightly.

Sharp-eyed, the mysterious male seems to notice his behavior, and not long after his keen eye observation, he instantly takes out a small package and leaves it in Kyle's hand. He merely smiles and rubs on his shoulder the whole time he gazes a little bit too long to the drunk man's face. "Make sure to vomit all of them out. And wait here as I will get you a glass of water." He simply said before leaving Kyle be as he treads to somewhere to get something for Kyle to drink.

Just like that, Kyle suddenly feels too nauseous as he instantly grabs the package that is in his possession now and puked all of the drink he just consumed not too long ago. He couldn't even stop puking and throwing all of his stomach's inside until the mysterious man had returned. He merely stops on his side, smiling as he offers a glass of water to Kyle.

"Feel free." He simply said with a rather eloquent voice as he observes on Kyle, which Kyle takes as he is truly caring.
"Thank you... You are a nice man."Kyle said in gratitude without even trying to read the other's expression as he takes the glass of water, only to catch an empty air. Once he noticed the glass had moved farther away from his reach, he widens his eyes and looks up at the mysterious man who merely smiles the whole time.

His expression gleams with sinister, treacherous, and having some sort of evil intention hidden beneath the mask of his good manners, now Kyle seemed to sober up from throwing up and realizing that the other male's smile is not truly sincere. Even Kyle can make out the pair of eyes that had looked like it was gentle ever since is now murderous, cold, and full of ill will. Tranced and still not expecting the sudden chill and tense atmosphere now he couldn't get the glass of water, Kyle merely stared his hazel eyes to the other recipient that seems to observe him from the tip of his hair until the tip of his toes.

A hum had then came out from his lungs.

"Whoever said that I am a nice man?" He asks after a moment of silence shared between the two, which Kyle takes as it isn't a question, but rather an affirming statement if he wants to say that he isn't nice.

Kyle parts his lips open at first and about to say something but closed it again afterward as he felt clueless about what is going on. The only thing he reacted with is to shift his gaze to the glass of water while gulping his saliva down. He could feel the chill starting to sink in his flesh now the mysterious man seems to follow his every movement.

‘Did I just think wrongly of this person?'

Kyle thought as he slowly wraps the package he holds and tried to move up from his seat until a strong hand grasps on his shoulder made him sat back. He instantly follows the strong grip's source and looks up at the other male who had to offer him the glass of water again. This time, Kyle is noticed how his expression had changed into a gentle one; unlike the previous one.

"I'm joking. Here, please, I insist on drinking the water." He said as he even helped Kyle to drink the water directly from the glass, even though it made Kyle blinks twice or thrice as he finds things to be truly odd now.

'Was the previous expression I saw just a trick of the light? Things are rather odd but now he is offering me some help, I shouldn't refuse, right?'

Kyle thought again as he awkwardly nods and drinks the water slowly, letting his throat feel soothed from the fresh liquid that runs to his tongue and down inside. After a while of downing the water in no time, Kyle feels so relieved now he has ultimately sobered up with a refreshed thought and mind. He even sighs with a relieved expression now he can even see the other's face even close and clear. The other male, however, merely smiles the whole time as he gazes onto Kyle's face, seeming as if he is mesmerized by something.

"Thank you, sir..." Kyle whispers as he shifts his gaze to the glass and up to the other's face, which cues the other male to take the empty glass away, smiling still as he turned on the sole of his boot and up to somewhere.

Kyle is unsure when the other male left. Either he should leave or give him some gratitude now he helps him sobered up a bit, and even though he should've continued to drink and buy some more. The moment he realized he had to buy more of the Whiskey, however, Kyle instantly snuck his arm inside his pocket and only to find just small pennies that wouldn't be enough to afford the drink.

"Crap... I'm running on low cash." Kyle mutters as he starts to run his eyes everywhere until his eyes caught the same figure that helped him again. Kyle couldn't even hide the cash he has in possession when the other male had caught a glimpse of it.

The mysterious man has returned, with the edge of his lips curved upwards, and his eyes crinkled.

"Not enough money?" The mysterious man asks as he smiles widely at Kyle, who quickly hides the money he has inside his pocket and looks away. "None of your business." Kyle simply said as he furrows his eyebrows. "But thank you for the help earlier, I should return to my compartment now, and thank-”

Just before Kyle can even finish his words, the other male had already tagged along on his side and sneaks his arm to Kyle's waist as he kept smiling. Kyle, however, gets alarmed and flustered at the sudden closeness now the other man had just close up like they are close. Kyle couldn't even stop darting his eyes off everywhere when he is afraid of what the people will think about if they see them.

"Now, now, why so cold after I helped you? If you're running on low cash, I can help you out. You can pay me back even with anything you can offer me if that is the deal. " The mysterious man smile with a smirk formed on his thin lips as he tilts his head to see Kyle's expression, which is no longer all smiling but a frown.

"No need! And I can go back to my ownー"

"Let me take you there. Area A-6, third floor, right?" And he interrupted without even giving Kyle any chances to talk but to drag him up to the staircases that are heading up to where Kyle is living in no time.

Kyle, however, finds the other's persistent gesture of helping as something suspicious. He can't even stop staring or feeling wary now the arm on his waist tightens the whole time he is about to ask something.

‘Something smells fishy here, most people would leave once they helped me but...‘

When they are about to reach the third floor with their soles clacking against the hard pavement that leads to where Kyle is living, the male quickly furrows his eyebrows and instantly tried to yank himself away, only to no avail compared to the iron grip the other mysterious man has. Kyle can't even stop fearing the other man now he sees a smirk crept upon his lips as he slowly shifts his gaze to Kyle, just like a predator has haunted down its prey.

’This man is certainly not normal. We are just strangers, I'm certain about that. I don't think I've ever met him somewhere before either, and most of the obvious reaction people will make is to just leave me alone aside from insisting like this. Just, just what exactly he had with me? And no, not only that, he is so kind earlier, but getting frightening for few seconds when he gave me the water, then now, he suddenly just insisted on keeping me company like he is someone I know long, with his iron grip on my waist. What, is he some sort of pervert?'

Kyle's thoughts had started on to run everywhere at this point now he can't get over that they get even closer and closer to his compartment, where he starts to get more uneasy.

Not uneasy with his cash, but by the fact, the mysterious man is here. What is his motive and what does he want with Kyle, or what is up with his insistence when he should've just left him be once he sobered up. Kyle noted he might have wanted some sort of compensation now he realized it: from taking care of Kyle's drunk self. Frightened on what may have befallen upon him at this rateーwith his thoughts running in every direction, Kyle instantly opens his mouth and about to ask the obvious, until a finger had suddenly sealed all of his words in no time.

"Shh. You should ask what you need to ask your 'Savior', once we are inside your compartment. Now we are here, shall we?" And the mysterious man's captivating voice had already made Kyle stood there, nodding obediently even though he wanted to say no as he even sees the finger left his lips.

Kyle wants to run, as well, questioning what is it with the Savior thing and just to avoid his situation right now, but...

...He couldn't find the will to, except moving his legs to open the door slowly, with pair of his hazelnut eyes wavering every time he felt the gaze of the other male following his every actions and movement. How the pair of black eyes drills fear into Kyle's every strand of his hair now he just welcomed the mysterious man into his residence.

Unnerved, Kyleーhe thought it might have been better to escape anytime if things get naught aside from fulfilling what he wanted to do with Kyle now he takes good care of him after bumping into his shoulder carelessly. Kyle actually trembled when he holds the handle of his door then, but a single movement of the other male over his hand made him frozen and slowly shifts his gaze to the creepy expression the other male had worn: smiling widely, crinkled eyes like the devil's eyes, just like the devil's expression.

"Open it. Are you still too drunk you can't even press it?" Another question from the other male made Kyle gulps his saliva again and eventually pressing his strength to unlock the door. There he is, standing still as he sees the other male came in leisurely, before turning into his direction and smiling again, with the pair of black orbs greeting him with even more fear.

"Come on in and make yourself at home as I am your guest. This is your home, no?" He asks with an audacious tone that again, made Kyle follows on what he said in no time while letting the back of Kyle's mind whispering,
'This person isn't like her, not my ex-wife, at all.

As he notes how different it is now he is no longer drunk and sees the reality that lies before him. Coming inside, Kyle locks the door behind him as he follows the other male that came to invite himself inside, unbeknownst of what lies before him again this time. At least he noticed things wouldn't be the same as in the past anymore, and he hoped for the best now he isn't living in the memory of his wife.

Every time he takes a step ahead, Kyle, too, knows he should run before time bites him. But a single voice that came to greet him, caring for him and swayed into the kindness, will make him do the deeds of the devil one day.

0