12 The blacksmith
687 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the “tour” from the guard, Seto memorized all the areas he observed. He formed a mental image of the town inside his head.

Seto suggested to the girls alongside him. “Let’s visit some stores and do some shopping. We can go to the adventurers’ guild afterward.”

Lora’s and Ana’s eyes brightened. They became excited. “You’re not joking, right?” both at the same time. They embraced Seto and hugged him, causing him almost to choke. Because they jumped while pressing their breasts against his body, their chests hit his face every time they jumped.

People paused their current doings and eyed the spectacle with envy.

Seto ignored the stares and attempted to calm them down. He petted their heads, causing them to be satisfied. “I wasn’t joking. We should care about our images. The clothes I’m wearing are oversized. Lora’s clothes make her seem like a beggar and Ana,” Seto looked at Anna while shaking his head, “your clothes look as if you plucked something randomly. I cannot allow my women to look like this.”

Lora and Ana wanted to protest, but they knew Seto was right.

“Are you the one paying?” Ana gazed at Seto with expectation. Her eyes were big. She sulked her lips, attempting to charm him.

Seto sighed. “I am because I suggested the idea.”

“Then stop wasting time, and purchase a nice armor set and a better sword.” Ana couldn’t wait anymore.

“Lora, do you have any preferences when it comes to clothing?” Seto knew Lora lacked a class. That’s why her preferences interested him.

“Uh. I don’t know, but I’ll wear anything you suggest.” Lora was thrilled. She was going to shop with Seto. Her demands were non-existing because the one thing she desired, she already had—and that was Seto.

Seto nodded. He led him and his women towards a blacksmith that sold armor and weapons. He avoided Leonard’s store for now and walked towards another one.

They halted before a building. Above its door hung a sign with Carl’s Blacksmith Shop on it.

The trio opened the wooden door, entering the shop. The shop was empty and had no customers.

“Welcome to the store.” An older man who seemed in his forties greeted them. He had a beard and wore glasses.

The man’s attention wasn’t on the women but Seto instead. He noticed his attractive face and muscular body, studying it.

He left the counter and strolled towards Seto, neglecting the women. “Sir, my name’s Carl. How can this humble one assist you?”

Seto glanced around the store but saw nothing interesting. “I’m searching for a set of armor for my women.”

Carl was disappointed. “I’ve got a lot of different armor sets, although most are for men. I’ve got a few armor sets for women in the back. Which one of your women should I assist first?”

Lora and Ana were shy and didn’t like to speak with men. They hid behind Seto, trying to avoid conversation. What they didn’t realize was, the man didn’t care about them, only Seto.

Seto noticed the shy behavior of his women. He pointed towards Ana. “Let’s choose something for her first.”

Carl studied Ana’s current armor. He frowned when he saw her ragged clothes. Although it didn’t reveal any skin, it made her look like a beggar.

“Which type of armor does the lady prefer?” Carl didn’t ask Ana but Seto, assuming him to make the choices for her.

“She’s a warrior. Heavy armor should fit the bill. Choose a set that allows for the most comfort and doesn’t restrict her ability to move.”

Carl nodded. “I’ve got the perfect set in mind. Although it’s pricy, I’ve got a suggestion. If you accept, I’ll give all the items you purchase for free.”

Seto became skeptical. He studied Carl’s behavior and didn’t recognize any ill intent. What could he want?

“What’s your suggestion?”

The blacksmith grinned. “I’d want you to tell everyone who asks that you bought your armor here. A tall, fine man like you is the perfect publicity. You’re the ideal model for my armor.”

Seto sighed, placing a hand in his face. So that was what he had in mind. It doesn’t sound bad, though.

He didn’t need the armor for himself, but he accepted the deal. Carl was delighted. He was confident this would increase sales.

“I demand your most exquisite pieces. I have an image to maintain, and so do my women.”

“Of course, sir. I’ll show you the best armor I have. Give me a moment. Why don’t you and your wives continue to look for something of interest? I’ll give it for free as promised.”

Carl waited for Seto’s reply. When Seto nodded, the man walked through a door and entered the storage of his store.

The trio looked through the store, looking for weapons.

Lora couldn’t discover anything suitable. She felt incompetent and asked Seto for his opinion. “Hubby, what weapon should I use? All these weapons are way too heavy for me.”

“Why don’t you carry a dagger? Those are lightweight.”

Lora savored Seto’s suggestion. She became ecstatic and hugged Seto. “I’m so delighted. I’m your woman.” She felt relieved she could be herself. Lora used to be a little fearful of Seto, but now she wasn’t. Her love towards him grew with the minute. He accepted her, although she had her shortcomings.

“What weapon do you suggest I should use?” Ana observed Seto’s attention towards Lora. She felt left out.

“Weren’t you a sword-user? Get another one.”

“I am. I prefer to use a longsword.”

“Then purchase one of those.”

“I will. Thanks, hubby, you’re marvelous.”

Seto nodded and continued looking for a weapon of his own. 

Ana felt satisfied. She didn’t have to worry about choosing a weapon anymore. However, Ana had another issue—she felt Seto didn’t saw her as a woman. When they were waiting in line, he called her his woman, but she thought he forced himself to say that. Maybe Seto only wanted to protect me from other men and said that to scare them away. Should I ask him what he thinks about me? She decided not to. She was afraid Seto might deny the feelings she had. She wanted that to avoid that at all cost.

“This is the armor I had in mind.” Carl brought an armor stand which showcased Ana’s armor.

Ana’s eyes widened when she examined the armor.

The armor looked stunning. The color was a deep gray forged with a strong-looking metal. Two molds were visible on the breastplate, indicating the space for her chest. Every edge was accented with gold, giving it a majestic appearance. The armor allowed for movement because some parts didn’t contain hard metal.

“Not bad.” Seto didn’t expect the blacksmith to be so talented. If he were that good, why wouldn’t he move to a bigger city?

Seto made a gesture towards Carl. He understood his and nodded his head. “I’ll stay here. Your woman can fit the armor in the back of the store.”

Ana went with Lora to a separate room. She fitted the armor, but it was her first time equipping it, causing them to take a little longer.

When Carl and Seto were alone, he tried to start a conversation with him.

“These women are blessed to have a man like you. Somebody as handsome as you, only two women aren’t enough. You should get more women and enjoy your youth. Your potential is boundless. I hope they’re serving you well.”

Seto cringed when he heard the man’s comments. He smiled but didn’t say anything. He remained where he was until Ana finished equipping her armor. After ten minutes, she was ready.

Ana shuffled into the store, revealing her armor. “What do you think?” She glanced at Seto. She was nervous. If Seto didn’t like the armor, she’d be disappointed because she thought it looked great.

Seto gave a nod of approval. “It seems like an excellent fit. It suits you.”

Ana reddened when she heard Seto’s approval, she felt happy, and her face turned into a smile.

“What about a weapon?” Seto said.

“I choose that one if that’s fine with you.” She pointed towards a longsword that had elegant decorations everywhere. It looked sharp and had something engraved in it.

“Of course, you can pick that one. You don’t have to ask me. You’re the one using it.”

“An excellent choice,” said the blacksmith. “These engravings are powerful runes. They enhance the strength of the wielder.” Lora didn’t believe her eyes. Did something like that exist? She wanted to try it.

“Can I test if that’s the case? I’ve never heard of something like that.”

“Of course, young man’s woman, I’d feel honored if you did that. I’m giving it for free after all, so it’s yours already.”

Lora walked towards the sword and grasped it. The moment she came in contact with the blade, she felt a surge of strength entering her body. The sword became lighter, the power in her arms increased, and the armor she wore didn’t feel as heavy anymore. The runes work, and the blade looks so pretty.

Seto saw Ana’s expression and examined her face. It seems the runes have some powers indeed. This world contains many mysteries. I should explore them.

After that, it was Lora’s turn to receive her armor. The procedure was the same—the blacksmith went into the back, he brought back some armor, and she fit it. The only difference—her armor set consisted of leather.

When she tried it on, she noticed it covered her entire body but still showed her curves. Her breastplate had molds as well, so her breasts had some space. Although one could see her curves, she still looked modest because it didn’t reveal any skin.

Seto approved both the armor sets because they weren’t revealing and were a perfect fit.

Lora chose a dagger that also contained runes which made her faster.

Finally, it was Seto’s turn. He requested the finest armor the blacksmith had in store.

The blacksmith came back with black armor with golden edges. The shoulders looked like dragon-heads. The faulds around his waist contained a belt in which he could store items. When he wore it, it made him look like a war god.

The blacksmith and his women praised his armor. They kept telling him how handsome and powerful he looked. He accepted the compliments and laughed.

Seto didn’t want to choose a weapon but concluded it would be better if he did. It’d look weird if he were unarmed while wearing his heavy armor. Others would give him strange looks. He could always choose not to use the weapon. That’s why he decided to grab one anyway.

All of the weapons they obtained contained a holder in which they could place them. Seto didn’t want to wear a helmet because it hid his handsome face. The girls agreed with him and refused to wear one as well. They wanted Seto to look at their faces.

Seto and Ana had a holder on their backs because their swords were big. Lora had a small holder on her waist in which she kept her dagger.

The blacksmith thanked them for their visit and bid them farewell. He kept thanking Seto and begged him to come back soon.

When they left, Seto thought about something. I don’t want my women to face any danger, but I cannot leave them here in this city alone when I’m adventuring. I could always kill the enemy before they have a chance at hurting them. But what if they use an area attack? Like a firestorm or a toxic gas spell? Would I be able to protect them? I should learn magic. Maybe some defense spells and healing? Let’s find out if those exist and where I can learn them.

11