2 Confrontation
1.8k 13 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I apologize for this long chapter! Hope you still enjoy it. Thanks for reading <3

Also shout-out to furnace! I luv u <3.

“Can you stop screaming? You’re the one who’s invading my privacy,” said Seto. How could people be so weird? He just minded his own business, and out of a sudden, this “wench” came here, sticking her nose in things it didn’t belong. Youth nowadays, so daring.

He studied her for a bit and noticed her outfit and hands. Her hands are rough. She must do a lot of physical work. Her clothes are simple and made of wool and leather. I assume she’s a farmer. Her looks aren’t bad, though. A little unpolished, but acceptable nonetheless.

“What’s going on here?” said a rough, muscular-looking man. “I heard screams. Sister, are you alright?”

The man noticed the naked-looking Seto and covered the girl’s eyes with his hands. He frowned and drew his sword from his other hand. “Who are you? What were you doing? And why aren’t you wearing any clothes?”

Seto looked at this muscular fellow and analyzed him in a split second. His hair and eyes are the same as this female. I bet he’s the brother of this girl. His clothes aren’t any better. By the looks of it, he must be a hunter. When she saw my naked body, the female blushed, and I saw her eyes showing interest in my god-like body. But this man’s unaffected. Maybe does my high’ looks’-stat only affect females?

Seto cleared his throat, ignored the sword, and said, “You strangers aren’t the most polite, are you? The answer to your first question is none of your damn business. For your second question: none of your damn business. And for your last question: none of your goddamn business. Can’t you see I’m busy studying my god-like appearance?”

The muscular man became angry. “You…”

Seto ignored the man and noticed another fellow standing next to the man. His hair was black, and his eyes green. He wasn’t bad-looking, and his clothes were better than the other two. He had a disapproving look on his face.

“You there, green-eyes. Give me your clothes.”

“M—me? Are you talking to me?” said the man. “I have a name, you savage. My name’s Ivon, and these clothes are worth more than your entire life.” Ivon was angry. How could such a savage treat him with such disrespect? In his village, everybody praised him. How could a mere forest-wanderer treat him like this? The worst part is: it’s happening right in front of his fiancé.

“I don’t care about your name. Give me your clothes, or else I’ll take them by force,” said Seto, unaffected by his arrogant behavior.

The muscular man moved in front of Ivon and pointed the tip of his sword towards Seto. “You’re not touching him,” said the burly man. “I will make sure of that.”

Seto laughed. He didn’t take these people seriously. “You don’t want to do this. You’re not my opponent. Even with no weapons, I can kill you with one punch.”

The man frowned. He noticed Seto’s words and observed the confidence in them. If he’s that confident in his strength, he must be a powerful being or a madman. He became wary of Seto and lowered his sword to avoid conflict. He suppressed his ego and bowed, shocking the female standing next to him and Ivon. “My apologies. I hope I haven’t offended you. We were just careful, for we’re searching for something. Let’s have a fresh start. My name’s Theo, and this is my sister—Lora and her fiancé: Ivon.”

Seto laughed. “It’s not a bad thing to be wary of strangers, but I accept your apology. Can you give me something to wear? I prefer wearing some clothes.”

“Of course.” Theo pulled out his shirt, revealing his over-muscular body, and passed them to Seto. “You can use this to cover your lower body.”

Seto nodded and accepted the clothes. He wrapped it around his hips, giving it a towel-look.

“My name’s Seto, by the way.”

“Your name’s Seto? Such a beautiful name,” said Lora, which caused Ivon to frown.

Seto raised his right eyebrow. My name’s not that beautiful. She has fallen for me, hasn’t she?

“Sir Seto,” said Theo. “I don’t want to be disrespectful, but can you do me the honor and have a fight with me? As warrior myself, I want to test your strength.”

“You think you’re my match?”

“It’s not that I don’t believe your claims. I want to see it for myself.”

Seto was confused. It cannot be helped then.

“But my friend, I don’t have a weapon. How can you expect it to be a fair duel?”

“Ivon, give him your sword.”

Ivon hesitated but didn’t want to be seen as trouble. He threw his sword towards Seto, who caught it without looking.

“That could’ve been dangerous. It wouldn’t surprise me if a fool like you hurt me. What if I hadn’t caught it?” said Seto in a mocking tone, trying to embarrass Ivon in front of his fiancé.

Ivon ignored him and said, “are you two going to fight or what? I haven’t got all day, and we’re still looking for that beast.”

When Ivon spoke of a beast, it caught Seto’s interest. “What beast are you speaking about?”

“I will tell you about it,” said Theo. “If you can defeat me.”

“I guess I’ll learn soon enough about it.”

The two walked away from each other and poised themselves in a fighting stance. Ivon held his swords with two hands, while Seto held it with one hand.

Lora counted down. “Three… two… one… fight.”

Theo rushed at Seto and swung his sword as hard as he could. The swords collided, but Seto held his sword as if nothing had happened.

“Impossible,” said Theo. “Such strength, as if I hit a steel wall.”

He kept hitting and hitting, but his sword kept bouncing and bouncing.

Seto didn’t move an inch, and his facial expression stayed the same.

“Now it’s my turn,” Seto said. He kicked Theo in the stomach and used as little force as possible.

Theo vomited blood and flew like a cannonball through the air. He landed against a tree and became unconscious.

I guess I overdid it. I didn’t expect Theo to be so weak, but I used as little strength as possible. I’m glad I didn’t hit him with this sword, or else he’d become a cripple.

Lora’s and Ivon’s eyes had a shocked expression on their faces. Ivon looked pale as if he was regretting, almost angering this man. Lora—on the other hand—had a look of worship on her face. She wasn’t feeling bad for her brother. No, she was too busy worshiping this man. Her brother had experienced worse injuries.

“Sir Seto, that was amazing. You’re so strong. You must be an adventurer, right?”

Ivon recovered from his initial shock and heard Lora’s praise. He became jealous. He could do that as well. Why wasn’t she looking at him that way? He had to admit that ‘Seto’ fellow was good-looking, but he came from an excellent family. The same couldn’t be said about him.

“It was nothing. Will that brother of yours be alright?”

“Oh, don’t worry, my brother has experienced worse.”

“I see,” Seto said, not knowing whether to laugh or cry. I just beat the shit out of her brother, and she isn’t in the slightest way worried? “Can you tell me more about this adventurer stuff? I’m not an adventurer, but it sounds interesting.”

“You’re not an adventurer?” Lora felt confused. He was the strongest, most gorgeous man she has ever met. She thought he’d be a famous warrior. “Oh, alright then. I don’t mind explaining it to you, but from what I’ve heard is that if you’re powerful enough, you can register as an adventurer. The job’s dangerous, but it earns good money. There are different ranks, if I remember them correctly. From lowest to high: wood, copper, iron, silver, gold, platinum, mithril, orichalcum, adamantite, and finally, the legendary titan rank. I cannot remember an adventurer ever reaching that rank, though.”

“Interesting… Thanks for your answer,” Seto said.

“You’re welcome.” Lora was happy. She was glad to help this stranger. Although she just met him, she felt a connection with him, as if they were meant to be together. If only we could get married What am I thinking? Am I just lusting over his looks, his strength? He’s so tall and handsome, and I want a man who’s capable of protecting me, and he fits all the bills. He’s making me feel crazy.

Ivon noticed Lora was drooling over this “Seto” guy. He became angry, but he knew he couldn’t afford to offend him. He kept quiet.

If I use my full strength, they’ll have to think of a new rank for me. Living a lavish life was Seto’s biggest priority. To achieve such a goal, one needed money. That’s why he decided to become an adventurer. He had set his goal. “I think your brother needs some rest. What were you three doing here, anyway?”

“Oh, about that. We heard a loud explosion and wanted to find out what caused it. We have found no clues except for a vast hole in the ground.”

Oh. That hole he made. He almost forgot about it. Should I tell him I did that? Would they believe me?

“I made it,” Seto said with a severe expression. He looked as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“Wait, are you kidding me? I know you’re strong, but that seems outrageous.” Lora said in disbelief.

“He’s lying,” Ivon said. “It’s far stretched, and lying to impress a girl is pathetic. Haven’t you realized she’s mine already? You should stop trying.”

“Who said I was yours? Just because my parents made some arrangements doesn’t mean they can marry me off. I’m my own person. I don’t even want to marry you.”

“What did you say? You wench. You should know your position. How dare you? A mere woman talks to a man like that?” He walked towards Lora and wanted to slap her face to teach her a lesson. He lifted his arm and swung until he felt he couldn’t move his arm anymore. Seto held his arm, and he couldn’t move.

“You wanted to hit a woman? A half-man like you?” He started laughing. “I don’t care you tried to hit her, but you see yourself as a man? I’ve seen women who looked more than a man than you do. I’m going to teach you a lesson because your smug face annoys me.”

He twisted Ivon’s arm, causing him to scream like a dying pig. Seto then threw him against a tree. He didn’t use too much force because he didn’t want to kill him. Although Seto hadn’t used much power, Ivon still broke through five trees until he fell to the ground like a piece of meat. I think he broke every bone in his body. Seto laughed. He thought it looked hilarious.

Lora held Seto’s hand and wrapped her arms around his’. This caused Seto to be surprised. He didn’t expect that this girl would be so daring, but he didn’t mind. Her breasts felt nice. It was the first time he had such a feeling before. She could be a nice toy.

“Thanks for saving me. Did he die?”

“No problem. I don’t think so, but if he died, who cares?”

“His family, I heard his father is a famous blacksmith.”

Seto grinned. “A blacksmith thinks he can beat me? Such a fool. If he tries to do anything, I’ll punch him in his face.”

Lora said nothing and just smiled. She felt safe in his powerful arms. Maybe I could convince my parents to let me marry this man.

36