Chapter 2
58 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are you not dead! You got shot in between the eyes!" I yelled. Blue-Berry pulled out his pocket knife."You think a little pocket knife will defeat me? Well, come on out boys." As he said that, two men came out of nowhere. "Oi, mates, what the fuck are ya doin' in here?" The manager said, walking out of the back."Shut up, oi, ya, make him staple his mouth," Nebit said. One of the men pulled out his gun, clocked it, and shot the man in the head. Gasps came from everyone around, even from me. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Tears started to form in my eyes. I was having a panic attack. The next thing I heard was another gunshot, and more, and more, there were police sirens, then dead silence. After a while, I opened my eyes. I saw the windows shot out. My leg seemed to be shot at. It burned like hell. Blue-Berry was right by me, and Nebit was nowhere to be seen.
"Ya alright, kid?" Blue-Berry asked. It looked like he to shot a few times, but nowhere that was fatal. "I am fine," I said while I pushed myself up, so I sit on my behind.
"What even happened?" I asked. "Well, Nebit and his buddies started shooting random people and hit you. I tried to stab them, but they were too quick. The next thing I saw, the fuzz was here, but Nebit got away, including his buddies." Blue said; I started to think, why did he do that? There wasn't really a purpose to it.
"Nebit has always been kinda... weird." He studdered. "Yeah, no shit!" I yelped as I tried to get up. "So, uhh, no IHop?" I asked, and Blue-Berry nodded. "Damn," I said. We slowly walked out, and when I said we walk out, it was more like he picked me up, but I was still walking. As we got to his car, we heard the fuzz, "Oh boy." Blue-Berry and I said at the same time.
Two police officers stepped out of the car, "Howdy," Blue-Berry said, waving his hand at the officers.
"We got word that a shoot-out took place here. Have you been here during that time?" He asked, and Blue-Berry nodded. "Yes, I was." He said and told them our side of the story.
"Well, I'll be damned." The officer said as he turned to leave but turned around again. "Ya need me to call the ambulance." He asked, and Blue-Berry nodded.

"Don't worry, bud, they just gonna help you!" Blue-Berry said. I was deathly afraid of the doctors' office. I never knew why, though. They did the usual thing in a 'normal' check-up.
"Nothing that could last lifetime damage." The doctor said. "I will give you some pain killers, but if you feel anything weird, like feeling the need to vomit or others. Come right back here." I nodded my head. "Will do." It stung after they pulled out the bullet, but the pain pretty much left my body.

Getting home, I flopped onto the couch, "Ya whipped kid?" Blue-Berry asked as I drifted off to sleep.
"Yeah, I am. Oh, by the way, when does school start?" I asked. I was thinking about that boy again, Pop. "About three weeks," Blue-Berry said. I was too tired to react, and I passed out on the couch.
When I woke up, I was in a bed, I think this is Blue-Berrys' bed, but I am not sure. I hopped up, changed clothes. Somehow my bag of clothes was on the ground, but I did not think much of it. I slowly walked down the stairs, it stung every time I took a step, but I pulled through. I tried to find something to eat, but I couldn't find anything to eat. Blue-Berry was at work most likely, so I ate what I could find. Some cereal with milk in it and some cake, oh and a glass of milk.

Hours later, Blue-Berry stepped through the door. "Howdy Blue-Berry." I hollered. "Hey Tiny." He replied in a tired voice. Blue-Berry worked up the road at the "Old Mobills," 'the best car shop.' they say, but I don't buy it. "Work?" I asked; we all had our own kind of English from where I am from.
"Yeeep, I need to find a new job." He sighed. Blue-Berry dropped out of school because Nebit always hit me, so he will need to be at the house pretty much all the time. We never know when he would be sober, which is pretty much never.
We decided to go down to the store to buy some snacks. Good, rich kids were there. Then I saw someone I remembered, Pop. My heart lifted when I saw him, I walked over, and he seemed to remember who I was because when I was not even ten feet in front of him, Pop said, "Hey Tiny!" I gave him a nod. His handsome brown looked into mine; I imagined him in my arms, at some kind of dance.
I shook my head to get those thoughts out of my head. Why did I have them? I saw the newspaper nearby where we were standing. "Wonder if there is gonna be anything new," I asked Pop and shrugged. I picked up the newspaper and read it carefully. Pop was a richer person in my hood, so I bet he could have bought tons of these.
I kept on reading it till something caught my eyes. "Wow, a town away, a black man got killed for no reason." I said to pop, "That must have been scary." Pop just shrugged as he tried to light a cigarette. "Hey, toss me one!" I said as Blue-Berry when to go get some food which was near us, but at that moment, a blinding light flashed, I started to get hot, but nothing happened, I tried to look a Pop, but he was looking past me, "Aw, fuck, he is here." Pop said in a quiet voice. I turned around, and a random man plus some of their buddies.
"So ya gonna give us the money, or we will kill everyone in the store, kids first." My heart started beating, but the cashier just stood there, like nothing is happening. One of the robbers took a kid from their mother and held the gun to the kid's head. "Hurry the hell up, or this kid is gonna have air for brains!" I turned to Pop, he was still just standing there, then I heard a gunshot, a kid screaming, people gasping, then nothing. I whipped my head around, and a lifeless body laid on the floor, and the head in pieces, brains were spattered onto the floor. They took another kid, and when they did give money, they would always ask for more till the cashier had no money left, but they even asked for more.
"We have no more!" She shouted, and yet again, another gunshot, more brains on the floor. After about five dead kids, they decided to start shooting random people. Bullet after bullet when flying, more and more brains flew, and people died. After about half an hour, the cops came, but it was too late, they were long gone, and about thirty people laid dead on the ground.
The cops finally came, but it was too late. The blare of sirens, harsh and high, brought me back into reality. I remembered when Nebit, not drunk for once, told me that mom and dad died. I could not stop crying that whole night; I felt the same way when I saw those bodies. They cleaned up the brains, cleaned up the bodies, and other stuff. Pop and I just stood there. I had no clue where Blue-Berry was till I turned around and saw him, the same face we had. I turned back to Pop. Pop and I were still shaken. I held out my hand to comfort pop. He did not even move, but took my hand. I felt my heart lift, ever so slightly, but the sight of dead bodies prevented it from soaring. "Uhm, want me to come with us, and we can drop you off?" I asked him, Pop nodded, and we slowly started out of the store. Blue-Berry left the stuff we were going to buy in the carts and hopped into the car.

After a while, we got to Pops' house. "Cya!" I yelled, and he looked like he winked. I felt my face turning red. "Hah, you fell into a love circle?" Blue-Berry asked me, and I covered my face with my hands. Blue-Berry knew I was gay, really the only person who knows. We started home after he got in. I looked out of the window, picturing Pop and me together. Maybe or maybe not in bed.
When we got home, I jumped onto the couch. "I can sleep here tonight," I said to Blue-Berry, and he just nodded and went up to bed. I slowly started to slip into sleep.

0