02: the ignition
33 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fred's hands were trailing down my sides. His face was right in front of mine. His breath was fanning over my mouth. His chocolate eyes gazed into mine. 

I was pressed into the wall of the compartment. I was feeling up his chest, gently. I could feel that Fred had continued his Quidditch training since we'd last met. I fluttered my eyelashes as I gazed back up at him. 

"Can I kiss you?" Fred said, softly. 

"Yes." I breathed. 

Fred's lips met mine. His warm, not rough but not soft either, lips moved with mine, taking my bottom lip in between his, pressing down hard, before his tongue licked into my mouth, meeting mine. Our tongues slid over each other's, slowly but passionately; Fred's hands moved up and pressed me by my shoulders harder into the wall. 

"I can't believe..." Fred said, in a less soft voice, as we broke apart momentarily, "that we're meeting again..." 

"I was made to transfer here..." I breathed as Fred attacked my neck with his lips, "because my dad is finally having his way at Hogwarts..." 

"I don't care about politics right now, baby girl..." I melted, hard, as he said that, "because I haven't seen you in so long..." 

"Yeah?" I panted as Fred's teeth nipped at my skin. "Do I look as good as you remember...?" 

Fred growled, sucking hard on my neck. I moaned, clutching him to me, and he drew back after a moment. I just knew he'd left a hickey. 

"You look even better." 

"You too." I batted my eyes at him, and he smirked. 

"You're fuckin' gorgeous, babe." Fred drawled, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Those lips look even hotter than I remember." 

"Oh yeah?" Barely registering what I was doing, I sank to my knees. Fred looked down at me with a sort of restrained desperation, begging me with his eyes. 

"Please don't tease me, Summer... you know I want you so bad, right?" 

I winked up at him, reaching my hands up. I undid the button on his jeans, pulling the zipper down. I rubbed at the stiff appendage in front of my face, and I grinned as Fred's head fell back against the compartment wall with a clunk, his eyes fluttering shut, a strangled moan uttering from his throat. 

"Summer..." 

BANG! 

"Hey, Fred - oh." 

I glanced up, hurriedly stuffing Fred back into his jeans and scrambling up. Fred's twin brother George and their friend had just entered the compartment, trailing their trunks behind them. The train had just set off. And the two boys were staring between Fred and me with indecipherable expressions. Kind of like amusement, kind of like awkwardness. 

Fred tugged his zipper up hurriedly and buttoned his jeans, turning away from his twin and friend momentarily. 

"Didn't mean to intrude." The friend said slowly, looking as if he was holding back a laugh. 

"If you guys are busy, we can come back later -" George said, his eyes twinkling. 

"No." Fred said quickly, sitting down with a thump. "We're good. Summer, this is George, my twin, as you probably already know. And this is our best friend, Lee Jordan." Lee lifted a hand in greeting, grinning. "George, Lee, this is Summer Fudge, y'know, the Minister for Magic's daughter. She's apparently transferring here for her last year, 'cause her dad's a plonker." 

Lee's mouth dropped open. He shifted uncomfortably on his seat. "Really? So you're a pretty big deal then, huh?" 

I grinned at him. "Don't worry. About acting good in front of me, I mean. I won't go running to daddy. I also like to fuck around and have a good time. If I'm one thing, I'm not a snitch. And if I'm another, it's just as much a prankster as you three." 

Lee grinned. "Nice." 

"This year'll be class, then." George smirked, and him and Fred high-fived. 

"I heard your dad's wife is a Veela, is that true?" Lee queried. "So does that mean you're half-Veela?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, wanna see me activate my charm?" 

Lee nodded excitedly. "Hell yeah!" 

The twins both leaned forward and shook their heads at Lee furiously, but we both ignored them, grinning. I closed my eyes, concentrated hard, and opened them again slowly. I could feel the power radiating from me. Lee was whooping in excitement, but the twins were frozen, their eyes dazed. 

George was still in his seat, leaning towards me, but Fred was halfway out of the compartment, looking to have been trying to run for it. He was turning back towards me slowly, biting his lip. Three boys had been walking past outside, and they turned towards me too. One, a bleach blond, called out, "My father is a Ministry official, a very important man!" 

I simply smirked as the other two gaped at me. The tall one with the handsome cheekbones just gazed at me with those dazed eyes, while the more built one stepped forward. "I work out every day and I'm Quidditch Captain." 

I rolled my eyes, still smirking. I turned off my charm. 

"Get in here, Fred." I tugged the redhead down beside me, letting the compartment door slide shut. The three boys outside blinked, scratching their heads, and continued along the hallway outside. George settled back in his seat, rubbing his forehead. Fred's mouth was still dropped open, still gazing at me. 

"That was awesome!" Lee whooped beside the window. 

All three of us jumped. 

Walking into Hogwarts was like deja vu. Only I was following a bunch of short-ass first years down the middle of the long tables in the Great Hall. And everyone was looking at me. For fuck sake. 

I waved and smiled sarcastically at everyone staring, and they all dove behind their hands, whispering to all their friends, still glancing at me out of the corners of their eyes. Being the Minister's daughter is really not fun, sometimes. 

Professor McGonagall called me up and sat the hat on my head. Barely a second after it touched my head, it screamed, "GRYFFINDOR!" 

Well. That's that, then. I sauntered down off the platform and joined the Gryffindor table, sliding down beside the twins and Lee. Fred and George both threw their arms around my shoulders, and I felt my face heating up. What? They're both extremely hot. I'm very sexually attracted to Fred, and we've made out, felt each other up, and fucked. And George is identical to him. So... 

I looked up at the sound of Umbridge, my dad's favourite Ministry official, whom he had appointed as the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher here, interrupting Dumbledore's speech. I rolled my eyes as she "hem, hem"ed. 

"Ah, fuck, here she goes." I said. 

"What d'you mean?" Fred said. 

"You'll see." 

The twins exchanged glances. 

"Thank you, Headmaster," Umbridge simpered, "for those kind words of welcome." 

Some snorts rang out around the hall. 

"Well, it is lovely to be back at Hogwarts, I must say!" Umbridge smiled, revealing very pointed teeth. "And to see such happy little faces looking up at me!" 

I glanced around. None of the faces I could see looked happy. On the contrary, they all looked rather taken-aback at being addressed as though they were five years old. 

"I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all and I'm sure we'll all be very good friends!" 

Students exchanged looks at this; some of them were barely concealing grins. 

Umbridge then went off on her spiel, and I sighed, turning around to the twins. 

"This is the kind of shit she pulls all the time. Never notices when the whole room stops listening, either." 

We continued to chat as the toad-looking woman drowned on and on about teaching principles and Ministry-approved education. Eventually, the twins and I had pulled out a piece of parchment and were making a bet-sheet on how long it would take Umbridge to finish her speech. 

"Five minutes." George whispered, scrawling it down. 

"Are you kidding me?" Fred scoffed. "Ten minutes. I'll take my betting advice from the pretty girl sitting in between us." 

I felt my face flush again. 

"So, Summer." George unwrapped a biscuit from his pocket. "Why's your dad being such a prat about everything? Y'know, the school, this pink wanker, not believing Harry?" 

I took a deep breath. "He... I think deep down he believes Potter, but he doesn't want to cause panic and ruin the political sphere he's spent years building. And on the off chance that Potter is wrong, he doesn't want to risk doing it all for nothing. He's just really egotistical and arrogant, really. Believes only he is right." 

Fred shook his head. "Dickhead." 

"You think he's a dickhead for other reasons, Freddie." I smirked at him. Fred's cheeks went ever-so-slightly pink. He smirked back. 

"And Umbridge?" George interjected. 

"Uh, yeah, she's his spy. To see if Dumbledore goes against him. Plus, he wants to exert more control over the school, y'know, to control us. And he sent me here because now it'll be up to his ridiculously high standards." I rolled my eyes. 

"He still thinks I'm not good enough for you?" Fred muttered into my ear. "Has he lowered his ridiculously high standards yet?" 

"Nope, sorry, mate." I told him, then a smattering of applause rang out across the hall. I looked around. 

Umbridge had finished her speech. 

"So it was ten minutes!" Harry Potter grinned, collecting half the money as Fred collected the other half, snickering. The two gathered up their Galleons amidst the crowded exit of the Great Hall. George had his hand on my back, guiding me through the crowd. Lee snatched Fred's robes as we passed him, and he dragged the still-grinning redhead along with us as he poured his new riches into his pockets. 

"Fucking awesome!" Fred crowed as we hurried up the endless staircases towards Gryffindor Tower, me trying to mentally map the exact route we were taking so that I could at least try to remember for the next time I needed to come up here. "Isn't it, Summer?" 

"Er - yeah." I said as George pulled me up and over an invisible step. 

"This is how we get into our common room." Lee said enthusiastically as we reached a portrait of a very busty woman. "Mimbulus Mimbletonia! That's the password." He added hastily as the portrait swung forward. Fred tugged me in, and I stumbled over the edge of the hole behind her. 

"This looks cozy." I said, glancing around. The room was covered in squashy armchairs and little coffee tables, messy noticeboards, and the occasional low-burning fireplace. I felt immediately at home. 

I made a beeline for a fireplace beside a window, and flopped down in a particularly comfy-looking sofa. The twins collapsed beside me, Lee settling into an armchair next to us. I shifted on my seat, getting comfortable, and two girls joined us, taking the seats on the other side of our sofa. 

"Hi, I'm Angelina." A girl with braids said, leaning forward and holding her hand out. I took it, squeezing it. She beamed at me. 

"And I'm Alicia." The girl beside her said, holding out hers too, and I took it. 

"I'm Sum-" 

"We know who you are." The girls chorused, then exchanged surprised glances with each other. 

"Doesn't everyone." I sigh. 

"Sorry, girl." Angelina said, amused. "You'll have to get over it if you want to survive here. That's what poor Harry Potter had to do, and he started in first year. Rough age to be dealing with that level of fame. Anyway, we're your dorm mates!" 

We all chatted and bantered in the common room until the fire burned so low that it barely gave any light, and nearly all the Gryffindors had emptied out to go to bed. The twins stood up, yawning and stretching, and the girls braced against each other, blinking furiously in an attempt to stay awake. Lee, however, seemed entirely unaffected by the late night. 

"I'll see you in the morning, Summer!" He said brightly, before bounding across the common room towards the boys' spiral staircase. 

"That boy is a psychopath." Fred voiced my thoughts, and George nodded. 

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I said in a quiet voice. Fred bit his lip, looking down at me. His eyes were darkened, and I knew it was because it was night, but it reminded me of the way he looked at me right before he kissed me. I shivered. 

"Yeah. See you then, babe." Fred whispered, quirking his tired smile into a cheeky smirk. I watched as his twin tugged him over to the nearest noticeboard, pinning something to it. 

"Come on, Summer." Angelina took my hand and lead me over to the girls' staircase. I glanced back one last time. 

The twins were sniggering about something, and I caught a last glimpse of them disappearing up their staircase. 

"Let's go sleep." Alicia yawned. I turned and followed her. 

I hope I'm prepared for this year.

2