Chapter 4~Continuing Mr.Pringles’ Story
234 7 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Chapter Author: AkashAb

Chapter 4~Continuing Mr.Pringles' Story

 

How did my predicament occur, horrid thoughts of body modification came to mind, had our tech been compromised? Certainly, one could conjure this abomination into existence with our tech. And if they did this testing, why did they leave me here?

Realizing that there lay little hope of uncovering the plans of the abductor. I decided to plan future action first.

 

Water leads to civilisation, from the largest metropolitan to the smallest of villages they all need water. Following this logic, I went leaping with my "new" body downstream.

 

Sounds of fauna echoed in the wilderness and even a few sightings, these animals were bewildering. Although they bore some resemblance to what would be "normal animals" they all held some characters that contrasted them to their normal equivalents. 

 

Even the variety of plants was nothing to scoff at.

 

Hunger could be solved even with simple grass but water remained indispensable, so I stuck to the stream through hours of travel.

 

This wildland seems as if someone had spat at the very idea of natural evolution. Having glimpsed many herbivores with several redundant externals, it nearly appeared tailor-made for some fiction entertainment. One good example would be rabbits with horns and canine shaped teeth, they appeared more like hunters but they ignored all living beings near them, solidifying their nature as herbivores. 

 

The journey which had until now had been calm but soon it took a turn for the worse because the air abruptly trembled.

 

A thunderous roar resounded in the wilderness, I felt as if the source was somewhere behind me.

 

Reflexively my legs took off, the soil became a blur I could feel my body cutting through the wind. 

 

Once more the air screeched, almost as if crying. 

 

"Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" I looked behind, a best was in motion shattering trees and splitting the ground with each step towards me, something I could easily recognise was a Manticore, a freak on nature, a creature of fiction was behind me.

 

Every time my belly touched the ground I could feel the cries of the ground. Even though the distance between us shrank with each passing moment it was much more lenient than I had initially thought and through the blur, I saw an opportunity for survival. I saw a herd of Hulking Horned Rabbits.

 

Though these beasts were gigantic they were nothing in comparison to what was chasing me. In a split second decision I ran into the herd, they had been made into sacrifices. 

 

"In times of calamity you need not be the fastest but you should never be the slowest, Forgive me."

 

A festival of gore and feasting played out behind me, not letting my body rest, I kept my pace.  That best appeared out of nowhere and was as fast as lightning, I reached one conclusion "This world is Hostile."

 

For what felt like hours I ran only stopping when what appeared to be an animal trail appeared.

5